PDA

View Full Version : Hilton Lake Buena Vista DTD Business Floor

tarheelmjfan
01-27-2012, 09:17 PM
My DH & I booked the business floor at HLBV, because it was the best rate for a king bed. It's on the weekend, so I'm wondering if they put out the continental breakfast in the lounge. If so, what do they offer? Anyone know the hours? Also, how much is it to get a mini-fridge? The website says available upon request, but it doesn't say how much it is. Thanks in advance for the help.

thewigs007
01-28-2012, 09:38 AM
The Exec Floor Cont Breakfast and After Noon snacks and beverages are available. I know one property we stayed at even had some desert snacks around 7 PM.

Usually there is a sign with the hours posted outside the Exec lounge.

tarheelmjfan
01-28-2012, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the info. I wasn't expecting the breakfast, so it doesn't really matter one way or the other. We don't usually book business floor. We wouldn't have this time, if it weren't cheaper. We don't take our computer. The free wi-fi isn't a benefit to us. Enjoy your trip. :)

tarheelmjfan
02-14-2012, 04:30 PM
For anyone who may happen upon this thread & be interested in the topic, they did serve the continental breakfast on the business floor over the weekend. I didn't notice any snacks later in the day, but I don't remember that being on the website anyway. We did get a complimentary fridge, after 3 requests. It wasn't very cold. We had a couple things spoil in it.

DeeCeeSW
02-15-2012, 02:35 PM
Read your post and then realized I should book business floor since continental breakfast is, in fact, served daily (but I admit I called to double check). Points offers are insanely good at this hotel right now. May I ask what sorts of things they offered at the lounge? Were there any other perks to staying on that floor?

TIA!

tarheelmjfan
02-16-2012, 04:00 PM
Read your post and then realized I should book business floor since continental breakfast is, in fact, served daily (but I admit I called to double check). Points offers are insanely good at this hotel right now. May I ask what sorts of things they offered at the lounge? Were there any other perks to staying on that floor?

TIA!

Unfortunately, I didn't check out the lounge. My DH made coffee in the room, & I'm a Diet Pepsi addict. We had picked up pastries & fruit in Epcot thinking the breakfast wasn't included on weekends. We never made it through those, so we didn't need any more food. I did have my DH do a drive-by to check it out. I'll ask him, if he remembers some specific items they offered. He did say it was a typical continental breakfast. I didn't see anything offered, after breakfast, but we weren't really there in the afternoon anyway.

As for other perks, free WIFI is included & you can request a free fridge. The concierge desk by the elevator was manned during breakfast hours only from what we could tell.

I feel I should warn you that our bed was horrible. My DH told me not to book this hotel again, until I read they'd changed the mattresses. I have a bad back, so it hurting my back wasn't unusual. My DH doesn't, but he woke up with back pain both mornings too.

DeeCeeSW
02-16-2012, 07:57 PM
Thanks for your response! Looking forward to hearing if your hubby remembers what he saw during his "drive-by." Anything that resembles breakfast works for us as we are trying to keep food costs down. I can understand cutbacks to the lounge but glad that they will at least have something in the mornings...