View Full Version : Tax question

01-26-2012, 11:43 AM
I know that some of you DISboarders work at Disney so I have a question for you: My DS was in the CP from January to May 2011(he extended his term from August 2010) and no longer has access to the Hub. Does Disney send out W-2's to those no longer in their employ? He will need one to figure out his taxes, of course. Is there an address or phone number for him if they don't automatically send this out? Thanks so much!

01-26-2012, 12:10 PM
Federal law requires an employer to deliver a W-2 to any person employed during the prior year no later than January 31. Whether that employment was for a week, a month or is ongoing doesn't matter. The W-2 will be mailed to the last known address that they have on file for your son and he should be receiving it soon.

01-26-2012, 12:56 PM
When I filed my taxes last year, I got my w2 through my email and used my old perner as a password to get into the document. Disney did this so they weren't using so much paper. I don't know if they are doing it again this year, though I don't see why they wouldn't. I never received an actual hard copy through the mail.

01-26-2012, 04:36 PM
I got mine in the mail today so maybe his is on the way. I've always had mine mailed but yesterday I tried getting it on the hub to go ahead and file but the page wasn't available.

This was posted on the CP facebook page a few minutes ago

01-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the responses! I will tell him to wait until the end of the month.

01-28-2012, 01:24 PM
My daughter did was there as a CP from January-May 2011 as well and got her W-2 in the mail yesterday.

01-28-2012, 09:35 PM
I just got mine the other day, and I only worked for a week in January 2011. (Fall 2010 CP)