View Full Version : Amend taxes for $60??

01-26-2012, 02:04 AM
I forgot to add something on our taxes. I figured this information in and we would get an extra $60 back. Should I wait until we get the money or send amendment now?

01-26-2012, 04:31 AM
I would definitely do it and no reason to wait. I filed an amendment last year because I thought something was taxable and then realized that it wasn't. It only gained me $52, but every little bit helps and it was MY money. :banana:


Green Tea
01-26-2012, 06:46 AM
I seem to remember I had to wait until the taxes were processed before I could send in the 1040X form.

Cheshire Figment
01-26-2012, 06:47 AM
I would always suggest to clients that they wait until they are sure their original return is processed before sending in a 1040-X. This means waiting until a refund is received or until their check payment has been processed by their bank.

If the 1040-X is sent in quickly, it can confuse things trying to process an amendment before the original is processed.

01-26-2012, 08:34 AM
You have to wait, I had this happen once too.

At least according to Turbo Tax, I had to wait.

01-26-2012, 11:16 AM
Yes, do wait until the first refund is received!

01-26-2012, 01:03 PM
Ok, thank you all. I thought I should wait! :cutie: