PDA

View Full Version : Disney Premier Visa card- anyone upgrading?

Pages : [1] 2 3

pinkxray
01-25-2012, 02:00 PM
A few months ago there was a thread on here about a survey from Disney Visa asking about a new Disney Visa that had an annual fee of $49 but has 2% earnings in certain categories and use can use the Disney rewards for airline tickets.

I was on my Chase account today and noticed that the card is now available and you could upgrade your current card.

I read the terms but didn't see anything about getting anything on your anniversary each year(the option was mentioned on the survey) like with the Southwest card there is an annual fee but you get 3000 points on your anniversary date each year. Did I miss this in the terms or is there nothing like that?

Sorry if there is another thread like this. I didn't see it anywhere
Is anyone upgrading? Just curious as to why or why not.. I haven't decided yet, but am considering it.

ValpoCory
01-25-2012, 02:08 PM
We were just discussing the Premier Visa on this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43845314#post43845314

Summary: the added value of upgrading to Premier (essentially buying a $100** Disney Gift Card for $49 each year) does not outweigh the added benefits above 1% cash back that cards like the Chase Freedom gives you.

I am sticking with Chase Freedom.

**$100 Disney Gift Card based on spending $10,000 per year at grocery stores, gas stations, restaurants, and at certain Disney stores at the parks.

pinkxray
01-25-2012, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the link. :thumbsup2 I did peek at that thread before I posted but it must have been awhile ago, before anyone mentioned the new card.

smitch425
01-25-2012, 10:49 PM
I upgraded to the new card today. I can't wait to earn extra rewards!:woohoo:

elgerber
01-26-2012, 08:04 AM
I don't think I will upgrade. My groceries are all bought at Target, which they don't classify as grocery, plus I get 5% off with my red card. My gas is all bought with my AMEX at Costco, so I dont' think I would spend enough on other items in the double rewards category to make it worth it. I sure do love the designs though, and wish I could have the Sorcerer Mickey one!!

Marionnette
01-26-2012, 08:56 AM
I'm in the process of evaluating whether it will be worth it for us. I need to take a look at the last 12 months of purchases to see if we even meet the $4900 break-even point in the bonus spending categories. It would be a no-brainer if we spent that much in Disney vacations every year, but the last few trips have been paid using GCs and rewards dollars. The ability to use the points for airfare is not enough of an incentive for us since we also have the Southwest card and a Diner's Club card that allows us to do the same thing.

I suppose that as Platinum Cards go, $49/year is a pretty good deal. But not everyone qualifies. Plus we already have Platinum Cards with other accounts.

So for us, it's going to come down to whether we can recoup the $49 we'd have to put out annually. I'm thinking that without an annual bonus or broader categories, the answer is going to be no.

smitch425
01-26-2012, 09:24 AM
I'm in the process of evaluating whether it will be worth it for us. I need to take a look at the last 12 months of purchases to see if we even meet the $4900 break-even point in the bonus spending categories. It would be a no-brainer if we spent that much in Disney vacations every year, but the last few trips have been paid using GCs and rewards dollars. The ability to use the points for airfare is not enough of an incentive for us since we also have the Southwest card and a Diner's Club card that allows us to do the same thing.

I suppose that as Platinum Cards go, $49/year is a pretty good deal. But not everyone qualifies. Plus we already have Platinum Cards with other accounts.

So for us, it's going to come down to whether we can recoup the $49 we'd have to put out annually. I'm thinking that without an annual bonus or broader categories, the answer is going to be no.

I posted this in the other thread, but just in case you missed it, you only have to spend $2450 in those categories to recoup the fee. You get 2% back not 1%.:thumbsup2

marie1203
01-26-2012, 09:32 AM
I know we spend more than what we need to recoup in gas a year and I do play with other credit cards when the offer better deals my BOA visa offers the same 5% in different categories like chase freedom but sometimes that are categories we don't use. I think what is going to happen is we will upgrade DH card and use that to get 2% back.

Marionnette
01-26-2012, 09:37 AM
I posted this in the other thread, but just in case you missed it, you only have to spend $2450 in those categories to recoup the fee. You get 2% back not 1%.:thumbsup2
You get 1% back without having to upgrade the card. That means that you are only getting an "extra" 1% back with the premier card, and only in those categories. Your math would be correct if you were comparing the premier card to having no rewards card at all. But when you compare the regular Disney Visa to the upgraded card, you should only consider the extra 1% in your calculations.

marie1203
01-26-2012, 09:45 AM
I just upgraded after adding up what we spend in restaurants and gas it makes a difference for us. Also I should add that they are offering 5% back for the first three months in those categories that you usually would get 2%.

smitch425
01-26-2012, 09:45 AM
You get 1% back without having to upgrade the card. That means that you are only getting an "extra" 1% back with the premier card, and only in those categories. Your math would be correct if you were comparing the premier card to having no rewards card at all. But when you compare the regular Disney Visa to the upgraded card, you should only consider the extra 1% in your calculations.

I hadn't thought of it in that respect. Still a small price to pay for the bonus it will give our family. We charge about $45,000+ per year to our Disney card, so we will benefit from the new card tremendously.

Also, when I upgraded it did say that the new card will have a new expiration date and verification code, and to be sure to update any automatic payments that you might have scheduled. I guess the actual card number will remain the same. Both DH and I picked the Sorcerer Mickey design. I can't wait for our new cards to get here! :hyper:

savannahcat
01-26-2012, 10:31 AM
The balance on our June Cruise with DCL is due in March. If we upgrade to this card and use it to pay off our balance, will we earn 5% back on that balance since it would be charged in the first 90 days after upgrade? If so, this would definitely be worth it for us.

Marionnette
01-26-2012, 10:42 AM
I hadn't thought of it in that respect. Still a small price to pay for the bonus it will give our family. We charge about $45,000+ per year to our Disney card, so we will benefit from the new card tremendously.

Also, when I upgraded it did say that the new card will have a new expiration date and verification code, and to be sure to update any automatic payments that you might have scheduled. I guess the actual card number will remain the same. Both DH and I picked the Sorcerer Mickey design. I can't wait for our new cards to get here! :hyper:
Wow! You do put a lot on your card! I'm sure that you will get quite a bit of use from the premier version.

For anyone who is interested, you can look at your year-end summary online. It breaks your spending down by months and also by categories. Just choose "see statements" and then scroll to the bottom of the page for "Year End Summary". Choose the year you want to look at. My 2011 summary was 14 pages long!

It doesn't look like it will be worth it for me to upgrade the card. I only spent about half of what I would have needed to spend in the select categories during 2011. But for anyone who is giving the premier card a hard look, this little tool might help you with your decision.

One thing that I did learn was that the Target store in Delaware is listed in groceries but the one in PA is not. And for some reason, the wine store that my husband shops at shows up in the dining category even though they don't serve food there.

Other interesting categories:

PetcareRx.com is considered to be a drug store.
A local Hallmark Store comes up under Entertainment and Recreation
FTD is considered Home Improvement & Landscaping
ADT security payments are not under Utilities, they are considered "other", but my cable bill is a utility.

TaraPA
01-26-2012, 12:54 PM
I've been watching this for awhile now. I wonder if the 5% bonus in certain categories for your 1st 3 months is the best intro offer they're going to do, or should I wait & hold out for something better?

I'm almost embarrassed to say that we put over 6 figures on our Disney VISA every year. We charge EVERYTHING. We are fortunate enough to be able to pay it off each month, so in Disney's eyes, they're not making a dime off of us, yet paying us lots of rewards points. I wonder if never having paid interest on it will affect us being able to even qualify for the upgrade?

I also had to chuckle at some of the stores & how they were categorized on my year-end statement (thank you Marionette for how to look it up!). We had some huge home improvement purchases last year for a remodel & replacement windows & doors, yet they fall into regular shopping, not home improvement.

I'm thinking I will go ahaed & apply for the upgrade. With 2 Disney trips coming up in the next 3 months, I think that would be smart for me since purchases at "Disney locations that are solely owned and operated by Disney" are in the 5% points bonus. I was planning to use my current Rewards points to buy tickets for the kids & DH (I have an AP) but now may re-think that, and use the Disney VISA to get more points. I can save all the points then for use at a later date. Hmmm I have to renew my AP in the next 3 months as well - I'm assuming that will be included in the 5% bonus category...decisions decisions!

TaraPA
01-26-2012, 01:05 PM
The balance on our June Cruise with DCL is due in March. If we upgrade to this card and use it to pay off our balance, will we earn 5% back on that balance since it would be charged in the first 90 days after upgrade? If so, this would definitely be worth it for us.

I would assume so - since anything purchased on the card from "Disney locations that are solely owned and operated by Disney" count. I hope so, I'm hoping the balances due on my 2 upcoming March trips will count towards the 5% bonus.

Did everyone see the airline rewards? They're very different. I'm not sure it's even really a perk. You charge your airline tickets on the card, for any airline, any destination, any dates. Then within 60 days you go in your statement & request that your Reward points be used to pay that purchase (you must have a minimum of 50 Rewards points in your account to utilize it). I mean, yes it's an advantage to be able to use your points for something other than Disney, but it's not a perk I really see myself using. Even when I have a lot of points I can always use them for something Disney. I guess it will help for a time when I don't have a Disney trip planned, yet need airfare for something else (oh the horror - a flight somewhere other than MCO?!?!?!?!)

yankebabie
01-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Will the points I already have on my Disney Visa transfer over to the new card or will I have to redeem them. Saving them for a trip in 2014 so don't want to have to redeem them now.

disneychrista
01-26-2012, 09:12 PM
How do I see the annual statement. I just looked at my account but only find a monthly statement.

I am not sure it will benefit us to upgrade. And not sure that I want to have a card with a fee. I am pretty anti-fee.

smitch425
01-26-2012, 09:22 PM
Will the points I already have on my Disney Visa transfer over to the new card or will I have to redeem them. Saving them for a trip in 2014 so don't want to have to redeem them now.

If you upgrade from the regular Visa, the card number remains the same and your points carry over. Your new card will have a new expiration date and new 3 digit verification code.

How do I see the annual statement. I just looked at my account but only find a monthly statement.

I am not sure it will benefit us to upgrade. And not sure that I want to have a card with a fee. I am pretty anti-fee.

We weren't crazy about the fee either, but since we spend well above the amount needed to cover the $49 we decided to upgrade. As for the year end statement, IF you have one it will be listed at the bottom of the page after you click "see statements". The first page of my year end statement said that it was done as a courtesy for charging so much on the card, so perhaps you did not spend enough for them to do it for you. Not sure if everyone got one or not.:confused:

walkdmc
01-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Does anyone know if there's an additional application process or does one just agree to the annual fee and transfer to the new card?

I'm asking b/c I'm a SAHM and was able to get the regular Disney Visa 2 years ago but now new credit card rules claim you have to have personal income to be approved for a CC (at least that's what my local news station reported). Basically, I'm nervous about having to re-apply for this new card.

TIA!

disney4rfamily
01-26-2012, 09:27 PM
For anyone who is interested, you can look at your year-end summary online. It breaks your spending down by months and also by categories. Just choose "see statements" and then scroll to the bottom of the page for "Year End Summary". Choose the year you want to look at. My 2011 summary was 14 pages long!

It doesn't look like it will be worth it for me to upgrade the card. I only spent about half of what I would have needed to spend in the select categories during 2011. But for anyone who is giving the premier card a hard look, this little tool might help you with your decision.

Thanks - this was a great suggestion. I was unsure whether the Premier card would be worth it for us but after looking at our year end summary I see that we will more than recoup the $49 annual fee. However, I think I will wait to upgrade until closer to our June WDW trip when I can get the 5% for those expenses.

smitch425
01-26-2012, 09:30 PM
Does anyone know if there's an additional application process or does one just agree to the annual fee and transfer to the new card?

I'm asking b/c I'm a SAHM and was able to get the regular Disney Visa 2 years ago but now new credit card rules claim you have to have personal income to be approved for a CC (at least that's what my local news station reported). Basically, I'm nervous about having to re-apply for this new card.

TIA!

I have never heard of that new rule. I am also a SAHM mom, but our Visa is in my name. When I upgraded last night, it just asked for the last 4 digits of my card, my zip code and one other thing (last name, whole name--not sure). Then it brought up my name and my DH (authorized user) and asked which card design(s) we wanted. That was basically it. It said the card should be here within a couple of weeks.

jessrose18
01-26-2012, 09:31 PM
i did look at the info on the chase site... i didnt see anywhere where it mentioned 5% for the first three months.... does everyone who transfers get that deal? i also buy all my grocerys at target, but on my year end statement target is listed under grocerys :), but of course i just got the red debit card.. we also buy all our gas at costco on our amex for 3% back... even still i spent 4-5,000 depending on travel last year in these cats combined... would it be worth it for me to get the new card?? what is the break even point for the catergories? thanks!!!

also do you just call and request new card? so when you transfer over you pay 49 and then you get 100 bonus disney dollars??? sorry it was hard to understand..is it the same account and credit limit etc, not a new account right?

smitch425
01-26-2012, 09:35 PM
Thanks - this was a great suggestion. I was unsure whether the Premier card would be worth it for us but after looking at our year end summary I see that we will more than recoup the $49 annual fee. However, I think I will wait to upgrade until closer to our June WDW trip when I can get the 5% for those expenses.

Just make sure you upgrade prior to April 30th. Signing up after that date will no longer get you the 3 months of 5% rewards.

smitch425
01-26-2012, 09:38 PM
i did look at the info on the chase site... i didnt see anywhere where it mentioned 5% for the first three months.... does everyone who transfers get that deal? i also buy all my grocerys at target, but on my year end statement target is listed under grocerys :), but of course i just got the red debit card.. we also buy all our gas at costco on our amex for 3% back... even still i spent 4-5,000 depending on travel last year in these cats combined... would it be worth it for me to get the new card?? what is the break even point for the catergories? thanks!!!

also do you just call and request new card? so when you transfer over you pay 49 and then you get 100 bonus disney dollars??? sorry it was hard to understand..is it the same account and credit limit etc, not a new account right?

Just go to www.disneyrewards.com and click on "learn more" on the right side of the page. At the bottom of the side by side comparison of the two card types, there is an "upgrade" button. Click that and follow the steps (this is the page that lists the 5% info). It took about 5 minutes to upgrade.

The $100 bonus is for new card accounts only. Upgrading will be your same card#, but a different exp. date and 3 digit verification code.

disney4rfamily
01-26-2012, 09:41 PM
Just make sure you upgrade prior to April 30th. Signing up after that date will no longer get you the 3 months of 5% rewards.

Thanks - I will. I am planning to do it at the beginning of April as that will take us through our trip at the end of June.

I can't wait to get a card with the new designs!

TaraPA
01-26-2012, 10:16 PM
The hardest decision for me was which new card design to choose! I'm so used to my red Mickey Ears Disney VISA (I also have a 2nd one with Tink on it, different account)...but I chose the pink swirly design for the Premier card. I kept the classic red Mickey Ears one for DH. I figured he wouldn't want to whip out a pink credit card & that might deter him from using it LOL!

Smitch425 I guess we're the guinea pigs for this new card - hopefully we'll see some great points from it!

marie1203
01-27-2012, 06:13 AM
I've been watching this for awhile now. I wonder if the 5% bonus in certain categories for your 1st 3 months is the best intro offer they're going to do, or should I wait & hold out for something better?

I'm almost embarrassed to say that we put over 6 figures on our Disney VISA every year. We charge EVERYTHING. We are fortunate enough to be able to pay it off each month, so in Disney's eyes, they're not making a dime off of us, yet paying us lots of rewards points. I wonder if never having paid interest on it will affect us being able to even qualify for the upgrade?

I also had to chuckle at some of the stores & how they were categorized on my year-end statement (thank you Marionette for how to look it up!). We had some huge home improvement purchases last year for a remodel & replacement windows & doors, yet they fall into regular shopping, not home improvement.

I'm thinking I will go ahaed & apply for the upgrade. With 2 Disney trips coming up in the next 3 months, I think that would be smart for me since purchases at "Disney locations that are solely owned and operated by Disney" are in the 5% points bonus. I was planning to use my current Rewards points to buy tickets for the kids & DH (I have an AP) but now may re-think that, and use the Disney VISA to get more points. I can save all the points then for use at a later date. Hmmm I have to renew my AP in the next 3 months as well - I'm assuming that will be included in the 5% bonus category...decisions decisions!
We pay it off every month too and didn't have a problem upgrading. I mean not sure why would will think that it would matter. Considering now they will at least make $49 from you.

ValpoCory
01-27-2012, 10:37 AM
We charge about $45,000+ per year to our Disney card, so we will benefit from the new card tremendously.

Not necessarily. You will only benefit from the new card if more than $4,900 of your annual charges you would have used the Disney Visa for are in those select categories.

smitch425
01-27-2012, 10:50 AM
Not necessarily. You will only benefit from the new card if more than $4,900 of your annual charges you would have used the Disney Visa for are in those select categories.

We charged over $4000 in gas and $8000 in dining last year. Plus we do an annual Disney trip and other stuff in the categories. We will benefit greatly from the new card. I wish it would come already! Hurry up mail! :hyper: LOL!

MichelleB
01-27-2012, 03:24 PM
We upgraded! We earn more than the $49 each year now and use our disney visa for everything and then pay it off each month. We'll recoup way more than the $49 fee.

I read somewhere that the benefits kick in 3 days after you upgrade. Does anyone know if this is true? Since we keep the same account number I can see how that would be. Not sure though if we have to activate the new card before it takes effect. Anyone????

savannahcat
01-27-2012, 05:08 PM
Just upgraded! We'll earn more than $200 in rewards just from paying off the balance on our cruise. BTW, we pay ours off every month too and also had no problem qualifying.

pat fan
01-27-2012, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
We charged over $4000 in gas and $8000 in dining last year.
Oof..just looked on my YE statement and I guess I should apply for the premiere card.

Over $5 on grocery & $9 on auto. Only $600 on dining though. Guess we don't eat out much :rotfl2:

Edit-didn't realize the auto was broken into different categories. Only spent $3 on gas, the rest was DH's auto crap. Still....may be worth it to upgrade.

Sagginit
01-27-2012, 07:21 PM
hmmmm decisions decisions. i would at least break even on the fee. this is mostly b/c target is considered grocery for me, i think it may be how each store is categorized (the two i frequent carry fresh groceries). i have no travel plans now but am contemplating next years vacation. maybe ill wait a bit since i have until april 30 and see if any travel plans come up.

disney4rfamily
01-27-2012, 07:28 PM
I'm thinking about it more and now think I might as well upgrade sooner rather than later. Yes, we will be going to WDW in June, but I can pay off most of the trip in the next 3 months to take advantage of the 5% now. It is not like we charge that much once we are there. That way I can start taking advantage of the extra rewards for the other categories even sooner.

Now to pick out the design!

tink'smom2B
01-27-2012, 08:03 PM
Thanks so much for the year-end statement tip! That made the decision easy. $8000 just in Gas last year! And with gas prices going up again, we will probably top that this year :)

lobmcf
01-27-2012, 08:18 PM
How do you know what qualifies as a grocery store?

There are a few independently owned grocery stores in my area that we go to every so often. I'd want to know if they count before I go!

poohj80
01-27-2012, 08:55 PM

I'm curious which Disney locations qualify as . We are cruising in March and wonder whether excursions and onboard purchases will count for the bonus rewards. Also, do cruises fares and hotels count since we already get 6 monthes no interest?

ValpoCory
01-27-2012, 11:21 PM
Thanks so much for the year-end statement tip! That made the decision easy. $8000 just in Gas last year! And with gas prices going up again, we will probably top that this year :)

Remember, if you have a Chase Freedom card, you get 5% back (in cash) on gas purchases 6 months out of the year in 2012, and 1% in the other 6 months, for a 3% average cash back. Compare that with the 2% year round rewards in a gift card form for the Premier. Same thing with the Target Visa ... 5% off in cash instantly there. Make sure you analyze the opportunity cost of not taking advantage of better rewards cards.

HLAuburn
01-28-2012, 12:00 AM
Just upgraded...with the extra 1% (and the bonus for 3 months), I think we'll easily recoop the $49 fee.

So until we get our new cards, do I just continue using the old one? When I receive and activate the new card, will the old one then be deactivated automatically? :confused3

Thanks!

TaraPA
01-28-2012, 06:40 AM
Just upgraded...with the extra 1% (and the bonus for 3 months), I think we'll easily recoop the $49 fee.

So until we get our new cards, do I just continue using the old one? When I receive and activate the new card, will the old one then be deactivated automatically? :confused3

Thanks!

When I upgraded it was very vague as to exactly how to proceed. (Maybe I was so excited that I clicked through the screens to fast!) I'm assuming we keep using the current card until the new ones come in the mail. At that point we'll probably have to call to activate those, at which point the old ones won't work (well they should still work as long as you don't need to use the 3-digit security code on the back, that's the only thing that's changing along with the expiration date. )

I just logged in my account & there's no mention of the upgrade or what type of account I have, so nothing's been changed over yet.

Smitch425 I think you upgraded first, let us know when your cards come!

poohj80
01-28-2012, 09:52 AM
Just verified that "most Disney locations" for bonus includes Disney resorts and cruises so we're upgrading since we're cruising in March.

mirage0306
01-28-2012, 12:58 PM
Hey, an FYI--I just called to upgrade and apparently you have to have had the card for 12 months to qualify. Just passing along what I learned.

amy-momofthree
01-28-2012, 01:09 PM
Hey, an FYI--I just called to upgrade and apparently you have to have had the card for 12 months to qualify. Just passing along what I learned.

Aghhh! Thank you for posting this! I kept trying to upgrade online and it said "unable to process at this time". I got my card in February last year so that explains it. Guess I'll wait a few weeks.

TaraPA
01-28-2012, 01:42 PM
Just verified that "most Disney locations" for bonus includes Disney resorts and cruises so we're upgrading since we're cruising in March.

Yay! We have 2 trips in March, so the balances on the resorts should qualify for sure. I will let everyone know how my other purchases there come up - for example I am getting tix for DH & DSs through DH's convention at a discount, but they're still purchased on the Disney website, so not sure how that will pan out. I will also renew my AP at Guest Relations. I'll report back on what dining/shopping locations are included as well.

hardingk
01-28-2012, 01:53 PM
I just upgraded! So excited! Def worth it for us!

SuzyQue
01-28-2012, 02:22 PM
Remember, if you have a Chase Freedom card, you get 5% back (in cash) on gas purchases 6 months out of the year in 2012, and 1% in the other 6 months, for a 3% average cash back. Compare that with the 2% year round rewards in a gift card form for the Premier. Same thing with the Target Visa ... 5% off in cash instantly there. Make sure you analyze the opportunity cost of not taking advantage of better rewards cards.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm sticking to my "no annual" fee cards for the 5% categories, and the 2%/3% all the time categories, with occasional big ticket items going to my current Disney Visa. The rewards cash then goes into my ING account (such as it is) and can be spent on anything involved in our Disney trips, not just "Disney related" items. :thumbsup2

TaraPA
01-28-2012, 02:55 PM

There are a few independently owned grocery stores in my area that we go to every so often. I'd want to know if they count before I go!

I don't know if there's a "master list" that you can call & get or not. On my year-end statement it breaks all my purchases down into each category, so from that I can see the places I have already used, and what they fall under.

Pikezh638
01-28-2012, 03:48 PM
I did about 15 hours ago :D

I have a trip to Disney planned for May '12 (had to change from August) so when I start paying on it and all that, plus I plan to use my card for almost everything and pay it off at the end of the month :)

ceecee
01-28-2012, 04:12 PM
I don't know if there's a "master list" that you can call & get or not. On my year-end statement it breaks all my purchases down into each category, so from that I can see the places I have already used, and what they fall under.

I got my year end list as well. Funny thing is when they did the 4% bonus rewards last year they had Kroger listed as "other" on the form it says grocery. It also put a $2000 charge to Art of Disney under Entertainment and not Disney. Edible Arrangements were under Home Improvement.

TaraPA
01-28-2012, 04:34 PM
UGH ceecee that's frustrating when you're in a bonus period! There had been a lengthy thread on how they catgeorize things a few months ago. I do believe some people had luck calling & disputing the category their charges fell into, in order to re-calculate bonus points.

kritter
01-29-2012, 12:36 AM
I want the card but my only hestitation is that my current card says Day 1 and DVC member wondering if my new card will say that as well!!

Anyone find out if the cruises are still 6 months intrest free?

Pikezh638
01-29-2012, 12:48 AM
I want the card but my only hestitation is that my current card says Day 1 and DVC member wondering if my new card will say that as well!!

I dunno about Day 1 but I asked about my new card saying DVC and they said it would. So I hope that answers 1/3 of your questions :P

starwood
01-29-2012, 05:44 AM
Where can I find the break down of categories charged last year on the chase site? I know I had an e-mail about it but didn't know about the new card then so I deleted it.

poohj80
01-29-2012, 07:42 AM

We were wondering the same thing but ours says Day 1 and Charter Member. We think it should since our account number is not supposed to change.

TaraPA
01-29-2012, 07:46 AM
Where can I find the break down of categories charged last year on the chase site? I know I had an e-mail about it but didn't know about the new card then so I deleted it.

You can find the categories you charged to on your year end statement. It can be found online under "see statements" then pick "year end 2011."

We were wondering the same thing but ours says Day 1 and Charter Member. We think it should since our account number is not supposed to change.

My current red Mickey head Disney VISA also says Day 1 Charter Member. I upgraded earlier this week so as soon as the new card comes I'll let you know!

meriface11
01-29-2012, 09:16 AM
i did our upgrade on Friday. we've been thinking about switching to the chase freedom to get the 5% cash back, but we are in the middle of a re-fi and I don't want to apply for a new credit card until it is closed. we charge so much in the 2% categories it will more than make up for the annual fee, and then we'll look into the freedom card later in the year once we make enough back to recoup more than the fee.

LJD2143
01-29-2012, 09:25 AM
Last Thursday I applied, and was immediately approved, for the new Premier card (I chose not to upgrade, but rather apply for another). Today I went online and the new Premier account is all setup and ready to go! I bet my new card is in the mail!:banana:

poohj80
01-29-2012, 09:39 AM
My current red Mickey head Disney VISA also says Day 1 Charter Member. I upgraded earlier this week so as soon as the new card comes I'll let you know!

Thanks so much! I'll do the same!

gkrykewy
01-29-2012, 09:55 AM
If we have a single card account with two cards (myself and my wife), we only pay one $49 annual fee, correct?

DawnM
01-29-2012, 09:55 AM
No. My Fidelity Amex gives us 2% on ALL purchases all the time and has no fee.

There are not too many places that don't take Amex anymore, but I do have a Visa for those occasions.

I will just save up my 2% rewards from Fidelity and use that for my Disney vacations. I rarely even use my Disney card anymore. What value is $200 in Disney dollars when I can have $400 in cash to use at Disney?

I don't know what "categories" are 2% but I hate playing that categories game.....just give me a strait 2%!

Dawn

poohj80
01-29-2012, 10:20 AM
If we have a single card account with two cards (myself and my wife), we only pay one $49 annual fee, correct?

That's correct, $49 fee per account not per card holder.

gkrykewy
01-29-2012, 10:36 AM
That's correct, $49 fee per account not per card holder.

Thanks. I'm all-in on this; just hope we receive our new cards before Feb 20th or so when we'd like to pay off our DCL cruise balance.

TheRatPack
01-29-2012, 02:52 PM
They dropped the limit on our card a year or so ago when the credit crunch happened.....it's now a measely 700.00.....so it would take me a LONG time to charge enough to make the new Premier card work. I'd have to max it out, pay it off, max it out, pay it off LOL

Thinking about calling them and asking that our original limit be reinstated before our trip this year....we always go over the 700.00 limit at Disney and then have to move on to our other rewards card because it takes Chase a day or two to post payments so even if we pay it off while at Disney it doesn't give us enough time to charge again.

jenjifer
01-29-2012, 04:40 PM
I totally understand that other Chase cards make more economic sense, but I love the little bit of Magic :wizard: I feel every time I pull my card out of my wallet to pay for something. I know, I know. I'm also the person who doesn't mind extra money being taken out of my paycheck for taxes because I like the little rush of a nice refund come tax time.

So the way I understand it, I can go to the grocery store and buy giftcards to be used at places that otherwise wouldn't qualify for the 2% reward (clothing stores, Dunkin' Donuts, etc.) receive the benefit of the 2% grocery reward. Sweet.

Also, can anyone confirm that if you use a TA to book a vacation, that Disney charges your card and not the TA? I'm hoping that's the case because I really loved my TA at Small World Vacations, and was hoping to use her again when I book... hoping 2013 package rates come out early again this year so I can make it in that 3-month 5% window! That would ensure that I had a Magical Day!

pat fan
01-29-2012, 04:45 PM
Also, can anyone confirm that if you use a TA to book a vacation, that Disney charges your card and not the TA?
I may be wrong, but I think it depends on what you book. If it is a WDW package, like free dining or something, then it goes through Disney. If it's say, a AAA room only, I think it is through TA.

jenjifer
01-29-2012, 05:01 PM
I may be wrong, but I think it depends on what you book. If it is a WDW package, like free dining or something, then it goes through Disney. If it's say, a AAA room only, I think it is through TA.

Awesome! That's what I was hoping. I'd be booking a package (can't wait for rates to come out!)
Also? LOVE your name. Did you get over to Gillette for the sendoff today? I've seen photos and that place was nuts! Go Pats!

bkool2323
01-30-2012, 08:45 AM
I called 3 times about the Disney Vacation Club designation on the new Premier Card and the answer each time is NO. It will not be on the new card. If this is important, than do not upgrade.

TLSnell1981
01-30-2012, 06:30 PM
Just upgraded! We'll earn more than $200 in rewards just from paying off the balance on our cruise. BTW, we pay ours off every month too and also had no problem qualifying.
I received the invitation in the mail today. I paid off my cruise last week. Bummer.

Dziactor
01-30-2012, 06:53 PM
Just got the mail about it and upgraded. Thanks for the info here. I spend enough to make this worth it. May try to even pay off my next cruise quicker so i get the x5 points if the cruise works.

Poohbear5
01-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Just cannot bring myself to pay an annual fee on a credit card so think I will stick with the current one.

arlenesp
01-30-2012, 09:43 PM
Just found this thread.Actually can help with some of the questions

I don't think I will upgrade. My groceries are all bought at Target, which they don't classify as grocery, plus I get 5% off with my red card. My gas is all bought with my AMEX at Costco, so I dont' think I would spend enough on other items in the double rewards category to make it worth it. I sure do love the designs though, and wish I could have the Sorcerer Mickey one!!
According to chase, target is a yes

Yup It would count
How do I see the annual statement. I just looked at my account but only find a monthly statement..
www.chase.com/yearend

Quick link.

TIA!
If the upgrade is available for you, it will just change the current card to the premier. No credit checks. :goodvibes
We upgraded! We earn more than the $49 each year now and use our disney visa for everything and then pay it off each month. We'll recoup way more than the $49 fee.

I read somewhere that the benefits kick in 3 days after you upgrade. Does anyone know if this is true? Since we keep the same account number I can see how that would be. Not sure though if we have to activate the new card before it takes effect. Anyone????
Yes 3 business days from upgrade. current card will work til you activate the new one.

If you have a current charge from that grocery, then call Chase and they can tell you whether it will count.

Cruises yes. Day 1 yes. I don't see why they can't add the 4th line embossing

I totally understand that other Chase cards make more economic sense, but I love the little bit of Magic :wizard: I feel every time I pull my card out of my wallet to pay for something. I know, I know. I'm also the person who doesn't mind extra money being taken out of my paycheck for taxes because I like the little rush of a nice refund come tax time.

So the way I understand it, I can go to the grocery store and buy giftcards to be used at places that otherwise wouldn't qualify for the 2% reward (clothing stores, Dunkin' Donuts, etc.) receive the benefit of the 2% grocery reward. Sweet.

Also, can anyone confirm that if you use a TA to book a vacation, that Disney charges your card and not the TA? I'm hoping that's the case because I really loved my TA at Small World Vacations, and was hoping to use her again when I book... hoping 2013 package rates come out early again this year so I can make it in that 3-month 5% window! That would ensure that I had a Magical Day!

As long as the TA uses Disney for booking.If it comes up as say Small World vacations or AAA no

MichelleB
01-30-2012, 10:05 PM
We upgraded a couple days ago. How do I know when Chase has switched us from the regular rewards to the premier one?

HLAuburn
01-30-2012, 10:36 PM
We upgraded a couple days ago. How do I know when Chase has switched us from the regular rewards to the premier one?

I'd like to know too. According to the paperwork I received today, the 3 month "5% bonus" period starts the day you upgrade. So does that mean my 90 days already started on my "old" card and will just continue when I activate the new one? :confused3

walkdmc
01-30-2012, 10:37 PM
I had to call to upgrade but I did it and should be getting my new card any day now.

I should not admit this but the primary reason I switched was to get the Sorcerer Mickey. I love DHS and that card reminds me of the park!

I had the Tink design and they changed it from the last issue of my Tink card. I was disappointed when I saw the new design doesn't have the lime green and the Tink is so large the tips of her wings and her toes are cut off!!! I really don't like the new design so I'm looking forward to the Sorcerer, Yensid.

disneychrista
01-30-2012, 10:46 PM
I should not admit this but the primary reason I switched was to get the Sorcerer Mickey.
I really want the Sorcerer Mickey card but won't be up grading my card. I hope in the future they have this as an option for the regular Disney Visa. In the mean time it is me and classic Mickey.

brittsmum1998
01-30-2012, 11:34 PM
We upgraded. I charge everything and pay it off each month. We have over 1200 disney dollars for the trip we are taking in a couple of weeks. The woman said she fell off her chair when she saw the rewards. ;)

I was excited that me and DH could each get our own design:cool1:. I got Mickey and Minnie :lovestruc and I ordered Sorcerer Mickey for DH. the 5% will work out well for next three months...we are driving to Disney in a couple of weeks and South Carolina in April. The gas will add up quick. :)

poohj80
01-31-2012, 06:10 AM
Just found this thread.Actually can help with some of the questions

According to chase, target is a yes

I don't believe this is true for all Targets. You can check your year end summary and see how your Target is classified. Ours never shows up as Grocery.

stacy347
01-31-2012, 06:21 AM
Please forgive my foggy brain this morning, but can someone please clarify for me...if I upgrade, do I get the $100 bonus or is that strictly for new members?

I definitely put more than enough on the card to recoup the $49 fee, but switching from a no-fee card is giving me pause. If I did indeed get the $100 bonus credit, I guess I'd at least feel like the first 2 years were fee-free, LOL.

Can you tell I just really want the new card, but haven't justified it in my head? :rotfl:

TaraPA
01-31-2012, 06:43 AM
Please forgive my foggy brain this morning, but can someone please clarify for me...if I upgrade, do I get the $100 bonus or is that strictly for new members?

I definitely put more than enough on the card to recoup the $49 fee, but switching from a no-fee card is giving me pause. If I did indeed get the $100 bonus credit, I guess I'd at least feel like the first 2 years were fee-free, LOL.

Can you tell I just really want the new card, but haven't justified it in my head? :rotfl:

I'm pretty sure the $100 is only for brand new card members. I was not offered the $100, just the 5% bonus in certain categories for the 1st 3 months.

I'm still waiting! I checked my account & there's no indication that I've been switched over yet.

magicalfoursome
01-31-2012, 07:55 AM
I just ordered the new card! I pay off the balance every month and usually end up with several hundred dollars to use each year in Disney!

I had just booked a trip for this Nov. a couple weeks ago. I was going to cancel that ressie (without penalty) and book it again under the new card to get 5%. Can I put more $ on the trip in the next three months to earn 5%? If something happens between now and when the full amount is due... I think sometime is Oct... can I get a refund if I need to cancel? Of course, I do not plan on canceling but the trip is far off and things can change. Thanks!

poohj80
01-31-2012, 08:20 AM
I just ordered the new card! I pay off the balance every month and usually end up with several hundred dollars to use each year in Disney!

I had just booked a trip for this Nov. a couple weeks ago. I was going to cancel that ressie (without penalty) and book it again under the new card to get 5%. Can I put more $ on the trip in the next three months to earn 5%? If something happens between now and when the full amount is due... I think sometime is Oct... can I get a refund if I need to cancel? Of course, I do not plan on canceling but the trip is far off and things can change. Thanks!

I would recommend booking the new reservation first to ensure you can get the same rate/package as you have before cancelling the original.

Grumpy's Gal
01-31-2012, 04:06 PM

[/LIST]

THANK YOU!:thumbsup2

ceecee
01-31-2012, 04:36 PM
Paying a fee to have a credit card goes against my sensibilities! DH said no way. I went thru the charges and looked at how they classified groceries and then went back and looked at the statement when they offered 3 % bonus, the grocery I use was classified then as "other" so no extra points. On the year end statement it is classified differently.

Sir Aaron
01-31-2012, 10:21 PM
I've heard that DCL will not qualify for the 2% category. Can anybody say what they've heard?

smitch425
01-31-2012, 10:26 PM
I've heard that DCL will not qualify for the 2% category. Can anybody say what they've heard?

From the Disney Parks Blog...

Disney’s Premier Visa Cardmembers earn 2% in Disney Dream Reward Dollars on card purchases at restaurants, grocery stores, gas stations and at most Disney locations at Walt Disney World Resort, the Disneyland Resort, Disney Cruise Line and Disney Store.

Here is the link...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/01/new-disneys-premier-visa-card-launches-with-8-exclusive-designs/

Sir Aaron
01-31-2012, 10:28 PM
From the Disney Parks Blog...

Disney’s Premier Visa Cardmembers earn 2% in Disney Dream Reward Dollars on card purchases at restaurants, grocery stores, gas stations and at most Disney locations at Walt Disney World Resort, the Disneyland Resort, Disney Cruise Line and Disney Store.

Here is link...

Yes, but the customer service reps and their supervisors have been saying that this counts for items purchased within their resorts, not for the vacation package itself. I've seen posts by at least two people where they had received contradictory information from Chase CSRs on this point.

gkrykewy
02-01-2012, 09:25 AM
Yes, but the customer service reps and their supervisors have been saying that this counts for items purchased within their resorts, not for the vacation package itself. I've seen posts by at least two people where they had received contradictory information from Chase CSRs on this point.

See the official Disney response to Comment 29 under that blog posting:

Christopher, Disney cruises and vacation packages booked through Disney (either by you or your travel agent) do qualify for 2% earn.

MichelleB
02-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Does anyone know how to tell by looking at your account online if the upgrade has been made? I upgraded last Thursday. There's still no charge for the $49 showing nor is there any way that I can tell if it's been done. Any idea???

TaraPA
02-01-2012, 12:58 PM
Does anyone know how to tell by looking at your account online if the upgrade has been made? I upgraded last Thursday. There's still no charge for the $49 showing nor is there any way that I can tell if it's been done. Any idea???

I was wondering the same thing. I also upgraded online last week & my account makes no indication of this, and no annual fee charged as of yet. I'm anxious!

BunsenH
02-01-2012, 01:46 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I also upgraded online last week & my account makes no indication of this, and no annual fee charged as of yet. I'm anxious!

The brochure that I received says that they will send a letter explaining the fee, when it will apply, and allow you to change your mind. So it seems like an acceptance is required before the change takes place.

I also asked about mis-categorized purchases (groceries from Target). They said that you can call the number on the card to report the discrepancies. I'm not sure how easy it will be for them to make the changes.

sammielynn
02-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Thinking about doing the upgrade. Also thinking about going to Wal-Mart and Kroger and buying gift cards during the first three months where I can get the 5% and have my groceries paid in advance for two to three months. Not to mention the Disney cards I will stash away!

DOREEN1779
02-01-2012, 05:29 PM
I upgraded Monday night.The representative told me that the new card rates will become active this Friday and the 5% promotional fee will begin that day as well. I booked BLT 2 bedroom villa back in Oct the second it was available with a $200.00 deposit. I asked specifically if this would count towards a vacation reservation and was told as long as it was a disney owned hotel withen Disney it would. I called back Tuesday and received the same info.

DOREEN1779
02-01-2012, 05:40 PM
I just called again, the representative again confirmed it does apply to reservations at Disneyworld. :cool1:

HLAuburn
02-01-2012, 08:14 PM
Thinking about doing the upgrade. Also thinking about going to Wal-Mart and Kroger and buying gift cards during the first three months where I can get the 5% and have my groceries paid in advance for two to three months. Not to mention the Disney cards I will stash away!

Do they count Walmart as a grocery store? :confused3 I do *most* of my grocery shopping there, so I hope it does, but for some reason I thought they didn't count it as grocery.

disneychrista
02-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Walmart is not a grocery store on my end of year summary. I do a lot of my shopping there too.

However, I have heard that if you go to a SUPER walmart and check out on the grocery side then it is listed as grocery. We do not have a super walmart (yet), so I have no first hand experience with it.

Sir Aaron
02-01-2012, 09:52 PM
See the official Disney response to Comment 29 under that blog posting:

Thanks, I wouldn't have caught that. They also showed a comment that I could keep my current card design.

HLAuburn
02-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Walmart is not a grocery store on my end of year summary. I do a lot of my shopping there too.

However, I have heard that if you go to a SUPER walmart and check out on the grocery side then it is listed as grocery. We do not have a super walmart (yet), so I have no first hand experience with it.

Thanks....that's interesting about checking out on the grocery side.

I didn't know there were any "regular" Walmarts left anymore! Does having the groceries make it "super"? My MIL has 2 by her house that are called Walmart "Markets" and they are JUST food, but I don't think I've been in one without food since college....and that was awhile ago! :rotfl:

MickeyManiac
02-01-2012, 10:46 PM

Most of my groceries are bought at Super Walmart and all of my Walmart purchases were classified as grocery on my year end statement.

BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM
02-01-2012, 11:08 PM
We have a SuperWalmart and all of mine were classified as grocery as well...all $14,800 worth according to the statement I just looked at!!! Geez my kids are gonna have to stop eating so much! LOL Well, it might not all be food..but still..ugghh that number is ridiculous! But, I guess I'm definitely upgrading since my gas was more than half that much!

starwood
02-02-2012, 05:37 AM
Do you think it's possible to upgrade and then later on go back to the free card? Just thinking out loud.

n2mm
02-02-2012, 05:56 AM
I also got the offer in the mail and just can't do it. I've never had to pay an annual fee to a credit card. I just can't get pass that. Yes, I know I'll make it up because I use my cc for everything and pay it off every month (actually several times a month). I use it to pay my DVC dues too, plus we visit WDW 3-4 trips a year, but it's the annual fee thing that gets me, plus choosing a new card design. I love my current card design....Disneyland's 50th birthday castle (which was my 50th too the same time), so it has sentimental reasons to keep it. While I could recoup the fee now, I wondered later down the road if I would. I generally get a cc and keep it for life. I've had my credit union Visa for 30 years and I've had my chase Disney visa since "Day 1".

ToddyLu
02-02-2012, 06:06 AM
:) We are also Charter Members of the Disney Visa. We also cannot get around the annual fee and again pay for everything with the card. So you are not alone n2mm.

jessrose18
02-02-2012, 09:29 AM
Do you think it's possible to upgrade and then later on go back to the free card? Just thinking out loud.

i was wondering the same thing.... i know i could benefit from it this year, but next year etc i am not so sure....

my2princessgirls
02-02-2012, 09:32 AM

This was asked on the disney parks blog site. Here is the response:
Hi, Brock, just one note – after you request the upgrade to Disney’s Premier Visa® Card, you have 45 days to opt out. After that timeframe, you can’t change the product for a year. When a year is up, you can then call in and request to revert back to the Disney Rewards® Visa® Card.
Can be found in response to comment 26 here:
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/01/new-disneys-premier-visa-card-launches-with-8-exclusive-designs/

jessrose18
02-02-2012, 09:38 AM
thanks, that is helpful! can you keep you old card design?? i have the little mermaid card! just wondering!

sammielynn
02-02-2012, 10:01 AM
Do they count Walmart as a grocery store? :confused3 I do *most* of my grocery shopping there, so I hope it does, but for some reason I thought they didn't count it as grocery.

We have a super Wal-Mart and on my year end summary from Chase it shows up as a grocery store.

andijean
02-02-2012, 10:56 AM
I have a question about ccard reporting and thought one of you might know the answer. If I have one account for my Disney Visa, but 2 cards, is there any way to see each cards transactions on the statement separately or even online? I went online to see if there was any settings and didn't see anything. I don't know if it is even possible. DH & I share an account, but I would like to have it broken out to know which charges came from which card. Anyone have any ideas?

A Mickeyfan
02-02-2012, 06:09 PM
I average about 25,000 per year on my charge card and I am not going to upgrade.. not going to give Disney money to give me an extra one percent.. not worth it to me for only certain categories. If it boils down to that, I can use my other cards where they do offer a better return for my money to begin with.. I just use this card because I feel like I am getting my Disney Passes for free this way... :thumbsup2 If I used my Citibank Mastercard where I got the cash (and a better percent), I would feel like I am paying for the annual passes :lmao: yes, I know, it is a psychological thing with me...:goodvibes
I do pay my card off in full every month.. they aren't getting a penny in interest from me... :upsidedow

North of Mouse
02-02-2012, 06:37 PM
We don't plan to up grade - just to break even on the $49, you have to use the card a lot (yes, the first 3 mos. 1st year is 5%, but still------) With all the confusion on which areas will show which stores as crediting groceries, etc. we don't want the bother. They should be consistent across the board.

mdinme
02-02-2012, 08:18 PM
I dont see how it can be worth it if you plan on keeping it longterm. Youll pay 490 in fees over ten years. How can recoup that in just three months?

disneychrista
02-02-2012, 08:55 PM
I dont see how it can be worth it if you plan on keeping it longterm. Youll pay 490 in fees over ten years. How can recoup that in just three months?

If you do more than $4900 in shopping in the bonus categories each year you will pay for the card. Then for every $100 you will get an additional $1.

marie1203
02-02-2012, 09:37 PM
I don't get how this threads always end up someone saying how it doesn't make sense to other people that have different situation. Everyone here has a different situation and while for some it might not make sense for others will. For us makes sense we go to Disney every year and spend plenty in the categories they offer 2%. While I do have a card that offers 5% back in certain categories during the year it is hit and miss since there is no way to know the categories before hand. We will still put stuff in that card to get 5% when we can but getting 2% for sure for the rest of the months are great. I think by page 8 we all have figure out how much we have to put in the card to pay the fee and make extra money.

smitch425
02-02-2012, 10:28 PM

I don't understand your post.:confused3 What "three months" are you referring to?

For us, we charge about $45,000 per year on our Disney Visa, so it was a no brainer for us. We will more than recoup the annual fee over the course of each year (not "three months"???).

poohj80
02-02-2012, 10:36 PM
I don't understand your post.:confused3 What "three months" are you referring to?

They are referring to the 5% rewards in the first 3 months.

I agree with the OP that it will be more difficult to recoup the $49 fee in follow on years when we don't receive 5%, but we don't know that the premiere won't offer similar incentives down the road either. We plan to upgrade for the first year, see how it goes, and then decide whether to keep or downgrade after a year.

smitch425
02-02-2012, 10:56 PM
They are referring to the 5% rewards in the first 3 months.

LOL! She lost me with the whole 10 years of fees in 3 months thing. I was thinking, "what about the other 117 months?" :rotfl:

luvdisney00
02-03-2012, 03:56 AM
I average about 25,000 per year on my charge card and I am not going to upgrade.. not going to give Disney money to give me an extra one percent.. not worth it to me for only certain categories. If it boils down to that, I can use my other cards where they do offer a better return for my money to begin with.. I just use this card because I feel like I am getting my Disney Passes for free this way... :thumbsup2 If I used my Citibank Mastercard where I got the cash (and a better percent), I would feel like I am paying for the annual passes :lmao: yes, I know, it is a psychological thing with me...:goodvibes
I do pay my card off in full every month.. they aren't getting a penny in interest from me... :upsidedow

Me EXACTLY. I have 3 other cards that have so much better payout than DV but I love to use it when we are preparing for a trip to see how much I can get "for free" but I am not going to lose $49 of the cash/points I get back with this upgraded card. It's a psychological thing for me also.

My BOA card gives 3% for gas and groceries all of the time and then gives you cash +10% right to your checking account, so I will use that rather than upgrade. I'll just have to set the cash aside for passes, hotel or whatever. I also just found out that the pay pal master card (which also always has 3% for gas and restaurants) can be cashed out for Disney GC. If DV pushes the new card and gets rid of the old card they will lose me as a customer.

DisneyFansInLINY
02-03-2012, 07:59 AM
I upgraded my card. My Disney visa is the only card I use so my husband and I felt it was worth it for me to upgrade but not him as he rarely uses his card. We are going to Disney in May and I already have over $200 in rewards from my every day purchases so that extra 5% bonus for the first 3 months is very worth the $49 to us.

smitch425
02-03-2012, 08:12 AM
I've seen a lot of people talking about not wanting to pay a fee for this new rewards card, and many of them have said that they would spend enough to recoup the fee. If you would spend enough, why would you turn down extra money? I don't mean that in a mean way AT ALL, but I'm just curious as to the logic behind it. For example:

With the regular DV: Spending $10,000 in the special categories gives you $100 in rewards.

With the new DV: Spending $10,000 in the special categories gives you $200 in rewards. Deducting the $49 fee, you get a total of $151 in rewards.

You come out ahead by $51. That is a lot of free money.:rotfl:

Not looking to start a debate, and I believe everyone has a right to their own choice. I am just wondering what the logic is behind the decision. Mostly wondering about people who have ONLY a DV. That is the only credit card we have, so everything goes on it. I understand the logic if you have other cards with better perks.

MichelleB
02-03-2012, 08:44 AM
smitch425, I agree with you. We put a ton of money on our credit card each year - our year end statement was 28 pages. We spent over $25,000 in just the 3 categories that we'll get 2% from. That did not include anything we spent that was a Disney related item. As long as I'm doing my math correct, that's an extra $200 per year in benefits after the $49 fee. I think that's worth it. We typically don't have credit cards with fees either but this is a situation that warrants it to me. We also pay off the card each month so don't incur any interest charges. Looks like a win-win to me.

gkrykewy
02-03-2012, 12:09 PM
Well, crap. I did the upgrade online last Sunday night, and called today to check on the status. The phone rep said that the online upgrades can take 20 days, so he just processed the upgrade separately over the phone. My 3-5 day clock for the reward rates to change starts today, rather than last Sunday -- I had been hoping to benefit from the 5% for a big weekend grocery run :/

smitch425
02-03-2012, 12:52 PM
Well, crap. I did the upgrade online last Sunday night, and called today to check on the status. The phone rep said that the online upgrades can take 20 days, so he just processed the upgrade separately over the phone. My 3-5 day clock for the reward rates to change starts today, rather than last Sunday -- I had been hoping to benefit from the 5% for a big weekend grocery run :/

Thank you for posting this! I just called and they found NO RECORD of me upgrading online AT ALL!!! :eek: I just had to do the upgrade on the phone. What makes it worse is that I even tried to redo the upgrade online a couple of days ago just to make sure it went through and it told me that I had already done the upgrade. :confused:

I think I'll start a new thread to make sure people see this info. What a hot mess. :headache:

gkrykewy
02-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Thank you for posting this! I just called and they found NO RECORD of me upgrading online AT ALL!!! :eek: I just had to do the upgrade on the phone. What makes it worse is that I even tried to redo the upgrade online a couple of days ago just to make sure it went through and it told me that I had already done the upgrade. :confused:

I think I'll start a new thread to make sure people see this info. What a hot mess. :headache:

It's okay, I'm pretty sure there are just two separate processing systems (one online, and one via phone CS), and they don't see one another. It would have worked out via your original online app (as you said, the online system has a record of your -- and my -- original application); it would just take longer.

pannm
02-03-2012, 05:17 PM
I upgraded, because it will definately work for our family...we'll earn a lot more Disney dollars!

I have 2 credit cards and one (my american express) is hardly ever used unless I am booking airfare (We only really use it and keep the account to get free checked luggage!!! It saves us a BUNCH every time we fly and DH has tons of frequent flier miles from work, so we fly/travel quite cheap)

Our second card is our Disney Visa. I chose to upgrade it, because we put almost EVERYTHING on it. It works better for our budgeting to put almost everything on our card. We pay it off 100% EVERY month. We spend A LOT on this card. Groceries, gas, travel, restaurants, all of our utilities, clothing...you name it, it goes on our card. Two grocery stores that I frequent are actually listed as 'grocery' and I've never had a problem with my extra rewards...same goes for restaurants and gas stations that I use.

We love to do it this way, because our budgeting is SUPER EASY!!!! We simply look at the bill each month, look at the categories and keep track of what was spent.

We may spend $49 extra each year to keep the card, but we will more than get that back every year getting the extra Dis $$$. We take a Disney Trip every other year. This will be HUGE for our gift cards to use there/for our vacation!

Another thought that I had was this. Sure, we'll get the 5% back for 3 months, but I am also interested to see if we continue to get it MORE OFTEN than those with just the basic Disney Visa. You know those mailers that we receive that say "call/get on line and sign up to receive 5% (in certain categories) instead of the regular % that is normally offered..."

I, myself, believe that we will get the chance in the future to sign up for these extra rewards more often. I may not be correct, but I certainly believe that it's a possibility! And, if we don't- then we don't.

It may not work for some people. Certainly if they don't use the card often enough. But, doing the math- I know it will be a great bennifit for us. I am not a money waster of any sort! We'll earn ALMOST twice the rewards that we're getting now. I'm excited!

smitch425
02-03-2012, 05:46 PM
It's okay, I'm pretty sure there are just two separate processing systems (one online, and one via phone CS), and they don't see one another. It would have worked out via your original online app (as you said, the online system has a record of your -- and my -- original application); it would just take longer.

but then the rep I spoke with said "let me check the online system" and then he said there was nothing there. :confused: At any rate, I wouldn't want to wait 20 days for processing when calling would only make it take 3-5 days to start earning my bonus rewards.:goodvibes

yankebabie
02-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Just called to check on the status of my card. Rep said that yes, my card was upgraded and I should be getting them in the mail any day now. I asked him when I would start earning the new pts and he said "you already are".:cool1::cool1::cool1:

gkrykewy
02-03-2012, 07:52 PM
but then the rep I spoke with said "let me check the online system" and then he said there was nothing there. :confused: At any rate, I wouldn't want to wait 20 days for processing when calling would only make it take 3-5 days to start earning my bonus rewards.:goodvibes

Oh! Well, better safe than sorry. I just need the rewards to be active before we pay off our cruise in a couple of weeks.

disneydreamin247
02-03-2012, 10:52 PM
Does the Disney Store qualify for the increased percentage back? If so I will definitely upgrade and pay off our August trip and buy a bunch of Dsney gift cards for $500 each to pay for our food and room charges.

gkrykewy
02-04-2012, 09:38 AM

Update: I checked my account online, and my upgrade has been processed already. The text under "rewards details" referred to the 2% categories, and I inexplicably had $12.60 in reward dollars transferred to my account? (was zero as we just came back from WDW; not complaining). I called to verify, and our upgrade has been processed (bonus rates effective yesterday).

disneydreamin247
02-04-2012, 10:03 AM
They keep saying my card isn't eligible to upgrade and that I would have to reapply for the premier card. :confused3 I have never had any problems with my card. Never missed a payment or anything so I'm very confused. I don't want to reapply because the $100 is definitely not as good of a deal as the 5% back in the certain categories for 3 months. I had planned to pay off our trip entirely, buy Disney GCs for our spending while there, and buy a bunch of Shoprite GCs to use for our groceries for the year to really maximize that 5% bonus period. The lady I spoke to this time said she will send me a letter that will explain it.

disneychrista
02-04-2012, 10:11 AM
They keep saying my card isn't eligible to upgrade .
Have you had the card for more than a year? My understanding is that you have to have the card for at least a year before you can upgrade.

disneydreamin247
02-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Have you had the card for more than a year? My understanding is that you have to have the card for at least a year before you can upgrade.

Yes, my 1 year anniversary was last month. I'm super bummed because the extra 2% would still be great in those categories even after the 5% period expired.

Kitten
02-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Does anyone know if there's a maximum amount of reward points that can be accrued over the first 3 months...or yearly for that matter?? It seems like the reward points will add up quickly especially for those spending $$ on their Disney vacations :cool1:

smitch425
02-04-2012, 11:50 AM
Does anyone know if there's a maximum amount of reward points that can be accrued over the first 3 months...or yearly for that matter?? It seems like the reward points will add up quickly especially for those spending $$ on their Disney vacations :cool1:

There is absolutely no limit to the amount of rewards you can earn.:woohoo:

UPDATE: Just checked my account, and the verbage under my rewards is about my new card, too, so I guess I'm already earning the 2%. Woohoo!

yankebabie
02-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Just checked my acct online too. mine also says earn 2% rewards with your premier card. I also have $19.57 inexplicable extra points. not complaining though

golfermike35
02-04-2012, 12:01 PM
I believe I saw a thread that talked about a store selling "discount" Disney gift cards.......like 5% discount. It may have been Walmart/Target....

Please let me know if it's true.......wouldn't it be great to buy the gift card with a 5% discount and them get 5% back through Disney VISA???

smitch425
02-04-2012, 12:10 PM
I believe I saw a thread that talked about a store selling "discount" Disney gift cards.......like 5% discount. It may have been Walmart/Target....

Please let me know if it's true.......wouldn't it be great to buy the gift card with a 5% discount and them get 5% back through Disney VISA???

I think those posts were about buying Disney gift cards with a Target Redcard (Target's credit card) which gives you 5% off of your Target purchases.

poohj80
02-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Just checked my acct online too. mine also says earn 2% rewards with your premier card. I also have $19.57 inexplicable extra points. not complaining though

Thanks to everyone for mentioning this. I just checked and the 2% language is showing for me too with an extra $11.07 in rewards out of the blue. Woo hoo!

golfermike35
02-04-2012, 12:37 PM
I'm online at Chase right now.....where do you see the 2% language and the "extra" rewards that some have mentioned?

smitch425
02-04-2012, 03:06 PM
I'm online at Chase right now.....where do you see the 2% language and the "extra" rewards that some have mentioned?

From you main accounts page after logging in, click on Disney Rewards Program under your credit card info. Down that page a bit it will say Rewards Program Details.:thumbsup2

gkrykewy
02-04-2012, 03:21 PM
It's interesting that everyone else is seeing inexplicable rewards dollars in their account. Mine show as transfer dollars. Wonder why this would be. I thought that maybe the bonus period had been backdated to the previous statement, but the CSR told me that my bonus rates were effective yesterday.

kristenrice
02-04-2012, 03:51 PM
I (we) have 2 Disney Visas. The first one we've had since 2003 (Charter Cardmember) and both DH and I are on it. It has a $13,000 limit, which is way more than we'd ever need. I have a second Disney Visa that is only in my name. I opened it in 2010 to get the $100 GC they were offering. It has a $3000 limit on it which is much more reasonable. We prefer to use our AMEX as our primary card but we keep the Visa for places that don't accept AMEX. DH wants us to drop a few of our credit cards. We pay them all off every month so interest rate is not a factor.

Changing directions...

We also owe about $3000 on our DVC loan and we are taking a vacation to WDW in June.

Here's what I am thinking and I am wondering if it would be a good idea.

I think I should upgrade Visa #1 and pay off the DVC loan with it.
QUESTION: Would that still qualify for 6 months at 0% even though it is not the down payment?

If the answer to the above question is "yes", then that leads to question #2.
QUESTION: Would the charge to DVC fall under the 5% bonus?

If the answers to the above questions are "yes", then I think I should do the upgrade and hold on to Visa #1 until the 6 months is up. Then I can cancel it and just keep the other one with the smaller limit as our secondary card. It would work out to our advantage 2 ways...first, we'd get $150 in rewards....second, we'd save a lot in interest on our DVC loan. Overall, we'd recoup the $49 fee and then some. Plus, it would lower the amount of unsecured credit that we have. Since our AMEX has a $30,000:scared1: limit, we have more credit than we would ever need, so it would be prudent for us to lower it.

Which leads to my final question...is there a minimum amount of time you have to keep your account open? Since we are taking the trip in June, I would cash out the rewards on the card and use them before the 6 months is up so there's no worry about losing the rewards.

I'm guessing that it is all moot anyways since the DVC loan payoff probably does not qualify for the 6 months at 0%.

yankebabie
02-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Just a thought. I pay my card off every month but am in the middle of my billing month. When I upgraded to the premier card i had a balance of $1900 on my card, wondering if the "inexplicable points" are the 19 pts on purchases that I was due up until the upgrade.

RachelTori
02-04-2012, 04:37 PM
I'm guessing that it is all moot anyways since the DVC loan payoff probably does not qualify for the 6 months at 0%.

That, unfortunately, is correct. The only time you can get 6 months, 0% (other than an intro rate) is if you book a "qualifying" Disney vacation package or Disney cruise.

gkrykewy
02-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Interesting note above re: DVC. Points purchases should be eligible for the 5%.

Just a thought. I pay my card off every month but am in the middle of my billing month. When I upgraded to the premier card i had a balance of $1900 on my card, wondering if the "inexplicable points" are the 19 pts on purchases that I was due up until the upgrade.

Looking at my balance, I think this is exactly it. Thanks!

kristenrice
02-04-2012, 04:51 PM
That, unfortunately, is correct. The only time you can get 6 months, 0% (other than an intro rate) is if you book a "qualifying" Disney vacation package or Disney cruise.

Per the Rewards site...

Developer financing is separate from the credit card offer and is not guaranteed. Disney's Visa Credit Card Offer: Get special financing on the purchase of a minimum real estate interest in a Disney Vacation Club® Resort. The special financing is available per credit card transaction and applies to amounts of $101 up to a maximum of $10,000. Other restrictions apply. For complete details see your Cardmember Agreement.

...and...

Get 0% APR Vacation Financing for 6 months on select Disney Resort packages, all Adventures by Disney packages, all Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawai'i vacation packages, all Disney Cruise Line® packages (collectively, Disney Vacation Packages), and all purchases of a real estate interest in a Disney Vacation Club® Resort. The rate applies to purchases of $101 up to a maximum of $10,000 per transaction. Disney Vacation Packages must be booked by you or your travel agent through the Walt Disney Travel Company or Disney Cruise Line® and charged to your Disney's Visa Credit Card prior to commencement of your vacation. Other restrictions and exclusions apply. For complete details see your Cardmember Agreement.

As you can see, it is open to some interpretation. The balance due *is* a result of the purchase, but I actually *made* the purchase 10 months ago. I have made additional principle payments on the card and those were NOT subject to the 0% interest, but I assume that is because they are not payment-in-full. Like I said, I'm assuming that the payoff amount is not included, but it is a little vague.

TLSnell1981
02-04-2012, 05:49 PM
It's interesting that everyone else is seeing inexplicable rewards dollars in their account. Mine show as transfer dollars. Wonder why this would be. I thought that maybe the bonus period had been backdated to the previous statement, but the CSR told me that my bonus rates were effective yesterday.

If, that was the case, I'd upgrade my account ASAP!! Ugh..I'd :love: to have the bonus $$$ on the cruise, that was paid off this period.

TaraPA
02-04-2012, 06:05 PM
Hmmm...I still show nothing that I upgraded on line - I DO see the 2% info that others are seeing. Strangely I have a "transfer" of $781.88 in points....???? My current rewards balance was $766.64 - so maybe I'm gaining the extra $20 something in points for whatever reason?

Here's what my Rewards Details now says:

Use your Disney's Premier Visa® Card for the everyday things you already do—like buying groceries, fueling up with gas, dining out and for purchases at Disney locations—and see how quickly Disney Dream Reward Dollars can add up. You earn 2% in Disney Dream Reward Dollars on card purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants and most Disney locations. For all your other card purchases, you earn 1% in Disney Dream Reward Dollars.

So I guess the upgrade went through, just waiting for the cards in the mail.

smitch425
02-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Hmmm...I still show nothing that I upgraded on line - I DO see the 2% info that others are seeing. Strangely I have a "transfer" of $781.88 in points....???? My current rewards balance was $766.64 - so maybe I'm gaining the extra $20 something in points for whatever reason?

Here's what my Rewards Details now says:

Use your Disney's Premier Visa® Card for the everyday things you already do—like buying groceries, fueling up with gas, dining out and for purchases at Disney locations—and see how quickly Disney Dream Reward Dollars can add up. You earn 2% in Disney Dream Reward Dollars on card purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants and most Disney locations. For all your other card purchases, you earn 1% in Disney Dream Reward Dollars.

So I guess the upgrade went through, just waiting for the cards in the mail.

If you have that verbage, then your upgrade is complete. The extra rewards are likely the prorated amount from your current month. I think the word "transfer" is being used because the points "transferred" over to your new card.

RachelTori
02-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Per the Rewards site...

Developer financing is separate from the credit card offer and is not guaranteed. Disney's Visa Credit Card Offer: Get special financing on the purchase of a minimum real estate interest in a Disney Vacation Club® Resort. The special financing is available per credit card transaction and applies to amounts of $101 up to a maximum of $10,000. Other restrictions apply. For complete details see your Cardmember Agreement.

...and...

Get 0% APR Vacation Financing for 6 months on select Disney Resort packages, all Adventures by Disney packages, all Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawai'i vacation packages, all Disney Cruise Line® packages (collectively, Disney Vacation Packages), and all purchases of a real estate interest in a Disney Vacation Club® Resort. The rate applies to purchases of $101 up to a maximum of $10,000 per transaction. Disney Vacation Packages must be booked by you or your travel agent through the Walt Disney Travel Company or Disney Cruise Line® and charged to your Disney's Visa Credit Card prior to commencement of your vacation. Other restrictions and exclusions apply. For complete details see your Cardmember Agreement.

As you can see, it is open to some interpretation. The balance due *is* a result of the purchase, but I actually *made* the purchase 10 months ago. I have made additional principle payments on the card and those were NOT subject to the 0% interest, but I assume that is because they are not payment-in-full. Like I said, I'm assuming that the payoff amount is not included, but it is a little vague.

Yes, open to interpretation - why don't you call Chase and ask them. :confused3

Sorry, I was just trying to help. I still stand by what I posted.

jessrose18
02-04-2012, 07:43 PM

You have to use your target card to get 5 percent of Disney gift cards, then ou wouldnt get no interest for 6 months either.

Marshay
02-04-2012, 11:06 PM
When does the 5% for 3 months program end? If you sign up prior to end of April, do you get 3 months after that? i.e. May/June and July?

Or is the 3 months only for Feb/Mar/Apr?

Thanks!:goodvibes

smitch425
02-04-2012, 11:14 PM
When does the 5% for 3 months program end? If you sign up prior to end of April, do you get 3 months after that? i.e. May/June and July?

Or is the 3 months only for Feb/Mar/Apr?

Thanks!:goodvibes

The 3 months of 5% in rewards starts when you do the upgrade, so if you don't upgrade until April, it would be 3 months from your activation date.:thumbsup2

Marshay
02-04-2012, 11:20 PM
The 3 months of 5% in rewards starts when you do the upgrade, so if you don't upgrade until April, it would be 3 months from your activation date.:thumbsup2

Oooh, thanks! I think that just swayed me to upgrade. I also checked and my Walmart and Target are listed as grocery stores, so getting some Disney gift cards there for our trip would also help!

Thanks!

pastorcarson
02-04-2012, 11:47 PM
I checked our Disney Visa bills from this last year and the charges aren't assigned categories for groceries, department stores, etc. WalMart, Target, etc. are all just categorized as sales purchases like everything else. Where are you looking to check how they are categorized? I'm sure I'm missing something here...:confused3

Simba001
02-05-2012, 01:00 AM
My initial reaction when I received the promo in today's mail was "No thank you". I don't like the idea of paying the $49 fee.

But then I pulled out the calculator. . .

We need to pay the balance of our ABD Backstage Magic Trip and book the extra nights of stay at DLR resort.

If I upgrade to the Premium Card and charge all nights of the hotel on the card at the time I book and pay the balance of the trip with the Premium Card, subtract 49 points to account for the annual fee, with the 5% promotion we should end up with over 154 of additional reward points! I don't typically use my Disney Visa for gas, grocery, or restaurant purchases , but may opt to within the 90 day period to take advantage of the 5%.

I may decide after a year to go back to the no fee VISA.

a1tinkfans
02-05-2012, 06:51 AM
passed on it. :thumbsup2

starwood
02-05-2012, 07:18 AM
Can we keep the card designs we have now? DH just got Buzz and Woody and doesn't want to give it up and DS has the castle and loves it.

gkrykewy
02-05-2012, 07:44 AM
Can we keep the card designs we have now? DH just got Buzz and Woody and doesn't want to give it up and DS has the castle and loves it.

Yes, you can keep your current design. Although I would note that there's a new castle design with fireworks on the back :wizard: -- that's what I went with.

tydad
02-05-2012, 08:42 AM
Oh yes we upgrade too. I already have $2100 worth of reward dollars earned over the last 1.5 years.I have a small fleet of vehicles and everyone use the card for fuel. We put well over 6 figures on the card last year so the extra 1% will really add up quickly

disneychrista
02-05-2012, 10:17 AM
Where are you looking to check how they are categorized? I'm sure I'm missing something here...:confused3
If you go to your online account, click on statments and scroll to the very bottom and click on your 2011 annual statement. This is where you will see what your purchases are categorized as.

Funny the deli we go to is classified as gas/convenience store, not restaurants.

pastorcarson
02-05-2012, 11:11 PM
Thanks I found it. This will be the first time I've ever paid for a credit card, but the benefits are so worth the expense.

tracyz
02-06-2012, 08:23 AM
My initial reaction when I received the promo in today's mail was "No thank you". I don't like the idea of paying the $49 fee.

We need to pay the balance of our ABD Backstage Magic Trip and book the extra nights of stay at DLR resort.

If I upgrade to the Premium Card and charge all nights of the hotel on the card at the time I book and pay the balance of the trip with the Premium Card, subtract 49 points to account for the annual fee, with the 5% promotion we should end up with over 154 of additional reward points! I don't typically use my Disney Visa for gas, grocery, or restaurant purchases , but may opt to within the 90 day period to take advantage of the 5%.

I'm in the same boat. I actually threw away the offer, then started reading this thread before it occurred to me that the balance on this summer's ABD Quest for the West trip is due at the beginning of May and I can earn 5% back on it! I also don't use my card for much else, as we try to avoid using cards to avoid even the temptation of carrying a balance, so I may also go back to the free card after a year, unless more vacation plans make it worth staying.:thumbsup2

TaraPA
02-06-2012, 08:24 AM
Smitch425 - have you gotten your new cards in the mail yet? I think you upgraded the day before me, and I'm so anxious to see them!

RachelTori
02-06-2012, 09:45 AM
OK, I compromised! We have two Disney Rewards Visas - upgraded the one that I always use for our Disney vacations. I will also start using it for groceries, gas and restaurants! :thumbsup2

zeferjen
02-06-2012, 09:50 AM
I just opened my Disney Visa not too long ago. I called over the weekend and confirmed that I am not eligible to upgrade. You have to have your first card for more than 12 months. Bummer!

smitch425
02-06-2012, 09:50 AM
Smitch425 - have you gotten your new cards in the mail yet? I think you upgraded the day before me, and I'm so anxious to see them!

The suspense is maddening!:hyper:

I'll let you know when I get them!:thumbsup2

ValpoCory
02-06-2012, 02:41 PM

Good call. I think finding out when you have to cancel to avoid the annual fee is a good strategy. Then cash out a gift card and cancel the month before the fee gets charged.

Simba001
02-06-2012, 10:29 PM
I'm in the same boat. I actually threw away the offer, then started reading this thread before it occurred to me that the balance on this summer's ABD Quest for the West trip is due at the beginning of May and I can earn 5% back on it! I also don't use my card for much else, as we try to avoid using cards to avoid even the temptation of carrying a balance, so I may also go back to the free card after a year, unless more vacation plans make it worth staying.:thumbsup2

Yes, I admit I had thrown the offer in the recycle bin, too and pulled it out after reading this thread before sitting down to calculate the savings. :lmao:

Good call. I think finding out when you have to cancel to avoid the annual fee is a good strategy. Then cash out a gift card and cancel the month before the fee gets charged.

Once the points are moved to the Reward Card they are safe, aren't they?

smitch425
02-06-2012, 10:40 PM

I cannot imagine that a credit card company will allow anyone to earn 5x rewards and then cancel a card without charging them the annual fee. When I get my cards, I will see what the cancellation policy says and let everyone know.

Simba001
02-06-2012, 10:54 PM
I cannot imagine that a credit card company will allow anyone to earn 5x rewards and then cancel a card without charging them the annual fee. When I get my cards, I will see what the cancellation policy says and let everyone know.

I am pretty sure the initial fee would need to be paid to have access to the 5x reward points. I believe it was on the blog it stated that after one year on the Premium Card if you wanted you could return to the regular card.

disneychrista
02-06-2012, 10:58 PM
Once the points are moved to the Reward Card they are safe, aren't they?

If you cancel the card the rewards cards also become void. You have to use the rewards before you cancel the card.

Simba001
02-06-2012, 11:07 PM
If you cancel the card the rewards cards also become void. You have to use the rewards before you cancel the card.

Thank you. Good to know (though I never have a problem using the Rewards :goodvibes)

ValpoCory
02-07-2012, 09:22 AM

I am pretty sure the initial fee would need to be paid to have access to the 5x reward points. I believe it was on the blog it stated that after one year on the Premium Card if you wanted you could return to the regular card.

Right, I was talking about avoiding the 2nd $49 charge. I assume the first $49 charge happens during the first 3 month intro period. But considering the first year of the new card in is the most valuable since it includes 3 months of 5%, you get more bang for your buck that year for $49.

So upgrading to the 2-5% $49 card for one year, then downgrading back to the 1% free card might be a good decision for some, especially if you are going to Disney sometime in the 5% intro period.

princessbride6205
02-07-2012, 10:37 PM
Right, I was talking about avoiding the 2nd $49 charge. I assume the first $49 charge happens during the first 3 month intro period. But considering the first year of the new card in is the most valuable since it includes 3 months of 5%, you get more bang for your buck that year for $49.

So upgrading to the 2-5% $49 card for one year, then downgrading back to the 1% free card might be a good decision for some, especially if you are going to Disney sometime in the 5% intro period.
This is my thinking. We are going to Disney in a few weeks. We don't have a package, so we'll be paying our room and food when we get there. We may have paid for the annual fee with 5% bonus right there.
Future years I'm not as certain.
Right now we don't have any higher rewards cards and I'd rather not open a new CC right now.
I will be curious to read a more comprehensive list of everything that counts as a Disney purchase, just to be sure.

Marshay
02-07-2012, 11:32 PM

This is what we are considering since we have a tentative vaca in July to WDW. But I'd have to wait until end of April to apply to make sure it covers our expenses at Disney.

At first I said no way to the card, but in my very conservative estimates, I would make a bit more back with the upgraded card ... and if I really try to take advantage of the 5% and then 2%, I should see even more rewards.

Then if they offer any bonuses throughout the year, that will be even better!

So we are going to upgrade and if it doesn't work, then we'll just go back down a year later.

princessbride6205
02-08-2012, 03:43 PM
Has anyone actually received their card yet?

I'm also wondering if there is consensus on how they're handling the "Charter Cardmember" - will that appear on the new cards? I saw some posts said yes, some posts mention that DVC won't appear, etc.

smitch425
02-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Has anyone actually received their card yet?

I'm also wondering if there is consensus on how they're handling the "Charter Cardmember" - will that appear on the new cards? I saw some posts said yes, some posts mention that DVC won't appear, etc.

Ugh...I really thought today would be the day, but nope.:sad2: I know I am already earning the new rewards, but I WANT MY SORCERER MICKEY NOW!!!:rotfl2: I'll be sure to post in this thread as soon as I get them.:thumbsup2

As for the verbage on the cards themselves, they WILL say Charter Member for those that currently have that distinction, but I believe that it is true that they will NOT say DVC Member. No idea why, but from various outlets in which I've read about the new cards, it seems to be the concensus.

Pikezh638
02-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Ugh...I really thought today would be the day, but nope.:sad2: I know I am already earning the new rewards, but I WANT MY SORCERER MICKEY NOW!!!:rotfl2: I'll be sure to post in this thread as soon as I get them.:thumbsup2

As for the verbage on the cards themselves, they WILL say Charter Member for those that currently have that distinction, but I believe that it is true that they will NOT say DVC Member. No idea why, but from various outlets in which I've read about the new cards, it seems to be the concensus.

You stole my card design!!!
:P

I got my card last Friday (3rd?). It does say my name and Disney Vacation Club :dance3:

I called to upgrade on the 27th of Jan. at 11 p.m. CST and got my card the 3rd around 4 pmish (when my mail ran)

atheneze
02-08-2012, 05:52 PM
A little off topic.

My mom has a Disney Visa and she wants to just give us the rewards card for my trip on October. Is that possible? For somebody else to use a rewards card. I am clueless. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

elgerber
02-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Yes, the rewards card does not have a name on it, and it works just like a gift card.

atheneze
02-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Yes, the rewards card does not have a name on it, and it works just like a gift card.

Thanks so much!:goodvibes

smitch425
02-08-2012, 06:34 PM
You stole my card design!!!
:P

:rotfl2:

I got my card last Friday (3rd?).:

Thanks for that info! Hopefully my card will come any day now! So excited! :hyper:

It does say my name and Disney Vacation Club :dance3:

That's GREAT! This info will make a lot of people happy!:thumbsup2

Plannin'Shannon
02-08-2012, 06:37 PM
Thanks for this thread! Clearly I'm a little tardy to the party, but I just got the offer in the mail today for the Premier card, offering a $200 Disney gift card after first use. Off to do some reading... :surfweb:

poohj80
02-08-2012, 07:04 PM
Thanks for this thread! Clearly I'm a little tardy to the party, but I just got the offer in the mail today for the Premier card, offering a $200 Disney gift card after first use. Off to do some reading... :surfweb:

Do you already have a Disney Visa?

Plannin'Shannon
02-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Do you already have a Disney Visa?

Nope, I don't.

BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM
02-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Just upgraded today! I got the enchanted castle for myself and cars for dh! :)

smitch425
02-09-2012, 03:11 PM
GOT MY CARDS TODAY!!!:woohoo:

The numbers are VERY raised and kind of scratchy, but the Sorcerer Mickey design is a beautiful card.

TaraPA
02-09-2012, 03:51 PM
GOT MY CARDS TODAY!!!:woohoo:

The numbers are VERY raised and kind of scratchy, but the Sorcerer Mickey design is a beautiful card.

I literally RAN to the mailbox since we signed up a day apart. Nothing - but I will be watching for the mailman tomorrow!!!!

Yay congrats!!!

RachaelA
02-09-2012, 03:58 PM
We're going to sign up, but Discover has 5% on gas right now so we're going to wait and upgrade our Disney visa right before the April 30th deadline for the extra 5% for 3 months.

Callie
02-09-2012, 04:36 PM
A bit off topic, but how do you get the normal disney visa to say DVC Member? My mom has a card, and she owns DVC. I have my own card, can I get DVC on it?

RachaelA
02-09-2012, 05:15 PM
A bit off topic, but how do you get the normal disney visa to say DVC Member? My mom has a card, and she owns DVC. I have my own card, can I get DVC on it?

I think you just call Chase and ask them to put it on there. you might need to give your membership number.

princessbride6205
02-10-2012, 10:26 AM
I upgraded to the card Wednesday evening and here we are on Friday morning with the account showing it's already upgraded! Woohoo!:dance3:
I was just about to preorder our PhotoPass CD for our upcoming trip - hopefully it counts towards the 5%.

JanaD
02-10-2012, 11:03 AM
How could you tell your account had already been upgraded when you checked online?

smitch425
02-10-2012, 11:11 AM
How could you tell your account had already been upgraded when you checked online?

Log on to your Chase account and go down to the credit card section. Click on "Disney Rewards Program". Scroll down that page a bit and you will see a section called "Rewards Program Details". If the first sentence says Premier and talks about earning 2% then your card has been upgraded.:thumbsup2

walkdmc
02-10-2012, 03:30 PM
I just wanted to say I got my card and it's so cute. I've already gotten a couple of compliments on it and the back is downright adorable (I'm referring to the Sorcerer Mickey card). Love it!

yankebabie
02-11-2012, 09:27 AM
For the people who already got their cards, when did you apply? I applied on 1/28 and am still anxiously awaiting their arrival.:cool1::cool1:

smitch425
02-11-2012, 09:43 AM
For the people who already got their cards, when did you apply? I applied on 1/28 and am still anxiously awaiting their arrival.:cool1::cool1:

I upgraded online originally (1/25), but then someone posted that online upgrades would take approximately 20 days while calling to upgrade only took 3-5 days. I called to do the upgrade on 2/3 and got my cards a couple of days ago.

TexasErin
02-11-2012, 09:56 AM
A little OT and this is a question I should already know since we have had the regular card a long, long time (charter members).....

But can we use our rewards to buy Disney gift cards at WDW. And if so, where? We always have around $500 in reward dollars, so all four of us get to use $100 of it for souvenirs. And we use the other $100 toward something else, like toward the sunrise safari or a meal. But it's extra work to keep track of how much each of us has left of our allotted $100. Getting four $100 gift cards sure would make it easier to keep track of.....can you buy gift cards with the rewards card.

Oh, and DH called and upgraded yesterday. We're both getting the Sorcerer Mickey! :goodvibes

yankebabie
02-11-2012, 09:59 AM
I did upgrade online so maybe that is why their taking so long. I would think that I should be getting them this week then since I am close to the 20 day mark

smitch425
02-11-2012, 10:05 AM
A little OT and this is a question I should already know since we have had the regular card a long, long time (charter members).....

But can we use our rewards to buy Disney gift cards at WDW. And if so, where? We always have around $500 in reward dollars, so all four of us get to use $100 of it for souvenirs. And we use the other $100 toward something else, like toward the sunrise safari or a meal. But it's extra work to keep track of how much each of us has left of our allotted $100. Getting four $100 gift cards sure would make it easier to keep track of.....can you buy gift cards with the rewards card.

Oh, and DH called and upgraded yesterday. We're both getting the Sorcerer Mickey! :goodvibes

Why don't you just get your gift cards prior to your trip? If you go to www.disneystore.com , you can order the cards and get free shipping. Also, since you upgraded to the new Premier card, you get 5% back in rewards for 90 days on purchases from the Disney Store. I would order them when your card arrives.:thumbsup2

TexasErin
02-11-2012, 10:07 AM
Why don't you just get your gift cards prior to your trip? If you go to www.disneystore.com , you can order the cards and get free shipping. Also, since you upgraded to the new Premier card, you get 5% back in rewards for 90 days on purchases from the Disney Store. I would order them when your card arrives.:thumbsup2

That's a good idea and I have looked and there were a lot of cute ones. But, I was really wanting to be able to use my Rewards for our souvenirs.....

smitch425
02-11-2012, 10:14 AM
That's a good idea and I have looked and there were a lot of cute ones. But, I was really wanting to be able to use my Rewards for our souvenirs.....

LOL! I forgot about that part.:rotfl: Buying the gift cards with the Visa would get you $20 in rewards. You could use your reward $$s to pay down your resort bill if staying on site.

TexasErin
02-11-2012, 10:18 AM
LOL! I forgot about that part.:rotfl: It looks like your trip is just a bit after your 90 days would be up. You could get your REWARDS card now, and then closer to the 90 days being up you could transfer all of your reward dollars to your rewards card and then buy the gift cards. That might leave you with a few extra rewards to reload on your rewards card for your trip (depending on your billing date). If you get $400 worth of gift cards within the 5% back period then you would be getting an extra $20 in rewards.

Thank you!

smitch425
02-11-2012, 10:24 AM
Thank you!

I edited my post before you saw it... I was wrong on the original one because you won't earn rewards if you are paying with a rewards card. Please read my editied post!!!

corrinna
02-11-2012, 10:53 AM
I am not sure if this has been said, but be aware that Chase told me that Gas only counts for the extra 1% if it is strictly a gas station. Where I live even our Kroger gas stations are considered gas/convenience stores, which according to Chase this is not "gas". Has anyone asked about this and been told any different? And, is there anyone in SW Ohio that gets gas somewhere that is considered "gas" only??? Chase could not give me any examples of what they consider a plain gas station.

TexasErin
02-11-2012, 12:42 PM
I edited my post before you saw it... I was wrong on the original one because you won't earn rewards if you are paying with a rewards card. Please read my editied post!!!

Okay- thanks. I saw where you edited the post. But my question is really whether I can buy Disney gift cards or Disney dollars at Disneyworld with my rewards card. I'm not concerned with trying to earn extra points and I have to have my trip paid off before I come, so I don't plan on having a resort bill. Can I buy Disney giftcards at WDW with my rewards points? Are you saying I can do that?

LexiC123
02-11-2012, 01:08 PM
Okay- thanks. I saw where you edited the post. But my question is really whether I can buy Disney gift cards or Disney dollars at Disneyworld with my rewards card. I'm not concerned with trying to earn extra points and I have to have my trip paid off before I come, so I don't plan on having a resort bill. Can I buy Disney giftcards at WDW with my rewards points? Are you saying I can do that?
Hope you don't mind me jumping in...

Yes, you can buy regular Disney gift cards with your Disney Rewards card. Last October, I had no problem using my rewards card to purchase the wristlet gift cards that are available during the Food & Wine Festival.

TexasErin
02-11-2012, 01:36 PM

Yes, you can buy regular Disney gift cards with your Disney Rewards card. Last October, I had no problem using my rewards card to purchase the wristlet gift cards that are available during the Food & Wine Festival.

Awesome! Thanks!

MichelleB
02-11-2012, 06:01 PM
I upgraded online on 1/26 and haven't gotten our cards yet.

disneydreamin247
02-11-2012, 06:22 PM
So the letter I got just says I'm not eligible. No reason. I don't get it. I already have the card, it's in good standing, neve missed a payment. Why am I not eligible to pay them $49 for my card? :confused3

smitch425
02-11-2012, 06:39 PM
So the letter I got just says I'm not eligible. No reason. I don't get it. I already have the card, it's in good standing, neve missed a payment. Why am I not eligible to pay them $49 for my card? :confused3

Have you had your current card for at least one year? You have to in order to upgrade.

stacielee
02-11-2012, 06:44 PM

Did the same thing last year, no problem.

disneydreamin247
02-11-2012, 06:46 PM
Have you had your current card for at least one year? You have to in order to upgrade.

Yes. The girl on the phone said she had no idea why either.

dzneelvr
02-11-2012, 10:07 PM
I've decided NOT to upgrade. :surfweb:I am not happy with another fee.

CEK40
02-12-2012, 09:15 AM

Hi...I called to upgrade to the Premier Card. We have two Disney Cards and one since 2006 the other since 2008 and when I called to upgrade I was told that neither of my cards were eligible for the upgrade. She told me that some cards are not upgrade-able so to speak. She told me she has a Chase Blueprint Card and wanted to upgrade it to a "rewards" card but her card wasn't eligible for an upgrade.

I was a little confused :confused3 and upset :mad: too, since we use our older card for "everything" and pay it off each month and can't get the upgrade and pay them $49.00 for it.

I really wanted to get those extra points since my daughter is getting married in Aluani in December and we will be paying the deposit this month and purchasing airline tickets for 8 people...Can you say "rewards points"??? But I was told the only thing I could do was have a special department look at the card and decide if it could be upgraded or reapply for a new Disney Premier Card.

I am unhappy about this right now!!! :sad2:

disneydreamin247
02-12-2012, 09:44 AM
Hi...I called to upgrade to the Premier Card. We have two Disney Cards and one since 2006 the other since 2008 and when I called to upgrade I was told that neither of my cards were eligible for the upgrade. She told me that some cards are not upgrade-able so to speak. She told me she has a Chase Blueprint Card and wanted to upgrade it to a "rewards" card but her card wasn't eligible for an upgrade.

I was a little confused :confused3 and upset :mad: too, since we use our older card for "everything" and pay it off each month and can't get the upgrade and pay them $49.00 for it.

I really wanted to get those extra points since my daughter is getting married in Aluani in December and we will be paying the deposit this month and purchasing airline tickets for 8 people...Can you say "rewards points"??? But I was told the only thing I could do was have a special department look at the card and decide if it could be upgraded or reapply for a new Disney Premier Card.

I think this is very unfair. At least I know I'm not the only one in this situation. It's very frustrating!

disneychrista
02-12-2012, 10:47 AM
I really wanted to get those extra points since my daughter is getting married in Aluani in December and we will be paying the deposit this month and purchasing airline tickets for 8 people...Can you say "rewards points"???
The airline tickets wouldn't have gotten anything extra as they are not Grocery, Gas, Restuarants or Disney. So you aren't missing anything on those.

gretchenohar@hotmail
02-12-2012, 02:58 PM

I really hope they can do something for you - especially since you're hosting a wedding at Aulani. How much more loyal can you get?
What if you transferred all the balance from 1 of your existing cards then told them you want to apply for the Premier card?
Even if the airline tix don't get you any extra rewards, the Aulani $$ should amount to fabulous rewards!
Sending Pixie Dust your way for Good Luck!pixiedust:

marie1203
02-12-2012, 03:31 PM
After reading this I got scared because I haven't received my cards, so I called. They answer and said "thank you for being a premium rewards member how can I help you":). So I guess our cards are on their way I find it weird that they won't let certain accounts upgrade. What is it base on?!?!

madaboutMickey
02-15-2012, 01:40 AM
I am not sure if this has been said, but be aware that Chase told me that Gas only counts for the extra 1% if it is strictly a gas station. Where I live even our Kroger gas stations are considered gas/convenience stores, which according to Chase this is not "gas". Has anyone asked about this and been told any different? And, is there anyone in SW Ohio that gets gas somewhere that is considered "gas" only??? Chase could not give me any examples of what they consider a plain gas station.

That's interesting. Our Kroger gas always shows on our statement as a gas station. And the pharmacy always shows as groceries. When they have run similar promotions with the gas and grocery catagories we have always gotten the extra % with no problem. Will be interesting to see what happens this time.
Are you in Hamilton Co?

starwood
02-15-2012, 07:06 AM
I just checked on the website and my upgrade has gone through. My rewards jumped from $24 to $47!

BunsenH
02-15-2012, 07:55 AM
Applied on line 1/30.....no change yet......time for a phone call I think.

poohj80
02-15-2012, 09:09 AM
I'm earning bonus rewards but still no new card yet. Just booked the Wild Africa Trek tour so hope that counts for 5% rewards.

sammielynn
02-15-2012, 10:38 AM
I'm earning bonus rewards but still no new card yet. Just booked the Wild Africa Trek tour so hope that counts for 5% rewards.

Did you start earning 5% when you were approved for the upgrade? Still on the fence.

poohj80
02-15-2012, 10:47 AM
Did you start earning 5% when you were approved for the upgrade? Still on the fence.

I saw the 2% for gas on my first statement afetr upgraidng but not the 5%. Thanks for reminding me I need to call and ask about that!

poohj80
02-15-2012, 10:49 AM

I did receive 2% for gas on my first bill after upgrading but thanks for reminding me I need to check on why it wasn't 5%.

UPDATE: According to the rep I just spoke with, we won't see the additional 3% until the end of the 3 month promotional period.

MichelleB
02-15-2012, 11:01 AM
Bummer on the extra 3% not showing up later. I was hoping to use my extra % for our March trip but we go back enough that we'll just use it next time.

poohj80
02-15-2012, 11:05 AM
Bummer on the extra 3% not showing up later. I was hoping to use my extra % for our March trip but we go back enough that we'll just use it next time.

Same here! Just think how many more bonus rewards you'll be racking up during your March trip. :)

MisWal
02-15-2012, 11:53 AM

That kind of irritates me! Maybe I need to go back and read the fine print, but it never mentioned that in any of the ads or anything I read. :confused3

My 3 month period should end and my cc should cycle the second day of our May trip, so I'm hoping those rewards show up at that time so I can access them while in WDW. It will be quite a while before we head back to Disney, so I need those rewards for this trip.

Guess I've got a call to make to find out for sure.

MisWal
02-15-2012, 12:05 PM
Ahhh.... great. Differing stories. I called and the customer service gal told me that my 5% rewards will be credited each billing cycle, not 2% on each billing cycle and the other 3% in a lump at the end of the 3 month period. I'll have to watch closely to see what actually happens.

Don't you just love the different answers depending on who you talk to? :headache:

poohj80
02-15-2012, 12:09 PM
Typical! All I can tell you is that I have received my first statement after the upgrade and I do not have any 5% rewards, only the 2%.

MisWal
02-15-2012, 12:13 PM
Isn't it, though! My statement cycles next week, so I'll be interested to see what happens!

RachaelA
02-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Ahhh.... great. Differing stories. I called and the customer service gal told me that my 5% rewards will be credited each billing cycle, not 2% on each billing cycle and the other 3% in a lump at the end of the 3 month period. I'll have to watch closely to see what actually happens.

Don't you just love the different answers depending on who you talk to? :headache:

I would think it would be every month. That's how the 5% promotion works on the regular card.

Oh and as soon as your statement closes if you are at Disney just go to one of the places on property and get a rewards card and then call and they will transfer everything over. We do that every time our trip falls over the time our statement closes.

poohj80
02-15-2012, 12:22 PM
Are bonus rewards have usually been one month off on the regular card.

marie1203
02-15-2012, 01:35 PM
I got my cards today. I love them! The detail in the back is great. Whenever there is a promotion I always gotten the extra at the end of the promotion period.

MichelleB
02-15-2012, 02:14 PM
My DH's card came but not mine! I'm soooo jealous!

TaraPA
02-15-2012, 04:59 PM
Got mine today woo hoo! I got the pink one, it's so pretty!!

And yes it does say Charter Cardmember just like the old one did.

poohj80
02-15-2012, 05:44 PM
Got mine today woo hoo! I got the pink one, it's so pretty!!

And yes it does say Charter Cardmember just like the old one did.

Got mine too with Charter Member as well!

disneydreamin247
02-15-2012, 05:59 PM
Just got off the phone with them yet gain and they said to keep trying and it should go through eventually. :confused3

yankebabie
02-15-2012, 06:12 PM
Still haven't gotten my cards yet. I applied online on 1/28 so hopefully they will be here soon.:cool1::cool1:

poohj80
02-15-2012, 06:44 PM
Still haven't gotten my cards yet. I applied online on 1/28 so hopefully they will be here soon.:cool1::cool1:

That's about the same time I applied online. When I called today about the 5% rewards, I asked about our cards and they could tell me that they shipped on 2/10. Couldn't hurt to call and ask if yours have shipped yet.

Gibbygirl
02-16-2012, 06:15 AM
Bummer on the extra 3% not showing up later.

Planning to upgrade but now I'm confused on when to actually make the call. Our trip is planned for June 9-16. Currently paying OOP for food but there is a rumor of free dining being released Mar 1 (plus we've had free dining during that time on our last two trips so fingers crossed!) I was planning on waiting to upgrade so if we end up OOP we can use all our food charges to bump up our Disney purchases for the bonus reward %. If we get free dining we won't be charging near as much at WDW. BUT--I would like to have already earned the bonus rewards so we can take advantage of them while at WDW as not sure when our next trip will be. If I upgrade too soon, we'll be past the first 90 days of earning the bonus 5% on Disney purchases (OOP food) but if I wait too long, we won't have "earned" the 5% in time to transfer to a rewards card. Decsions, decsions...any advice out there??? :confused3

poohj80
02-16-2012, 07:49 AM
Planning to upgrade but now I'm confused on when to actually make the call. Our trip is planned for June 9-16. Currently paying OOP for food but there is a rumor of free dining being released Mar 1 (plus we've had free dining during that time on our last two trips so fingers crossed!) I was planning on waiting to upgrade so if we end up OOP we can use all our food charges to bump up our Disney purchases for the bonus reward %. If we get free dining we won't be charging near as much at WDW. BUT--I would like to have already earned the bonus rewards so we can take advantage of them while at WDW as not sure when our next trip will be. If I upgrade too soon, we'll be past the first 90 days of earning the bonus 5% on Disney purchases (OOP food) but if I wait too long, we won't have "earned" the 5% in time to transfer to a rewards card. Decsions, decsions...any advice out there??? :confused3

I can't remember exactly, but thought the 5% was only good if you upgrade by April.

yankebabie
02-16-2012, 05:52 PM
Got my new card today! Love it! Got the pink Mick and Min. Something interesting tho, when I called to activate them the gentlemen went over all the perks with me and said nothing about the 5% rewards so I asked to make sure that promo was on my card. He checked and then said "yes, you earn 5% rewards on gas, groceries, restaurants and Disney until 7/31/12" Thought the 5% promo was only for 3 months????? Not complaining if its for 6 months though.

HLAuburn
02-16-2012, 07:01 PM
Got our cards today, too! I got the blue one with the castle - very cool. And I picked the vintage Mickey for DH - it's a little different than the regular version vintage Mickey. Both say "Premier" under the Disney name.

Got my new card today! Love it! Got the pink Mick and Min. Something interesting tho, when I called to activate them the gentlemen went over all the perks with me and said nothing about the 5% rewards so I asked to make sure that promo was on my card. He checked and then said "yes, you earn 5% rewards on gas, groceries, restaurants and Disney until 7/31/12" Thought the 5% promo was only for 3 months????? Not complaining if its for 6 months though.

I called to activate and was told the 5% was for 3 months starting from the day I upgraded. That would be great if it's really 6 months! I think I'd call back and double check on that...it seems like you get different answers every time you call. Maybe if he gave you the wrong date they would still honor it though. :confused3 Or maybe it is 6 months! :cool1:

smitch425
02-17-2012, 09:39 AM

The overall 5% earning period ends 7/31/12 which is why they say you can only earn the 5% if you upgrade by April 30.

tinkerbelltwins
02-17-2012, 09:46 AM
Thank you for all of this helpful information as I sift through the pros and cons of obtaining this card! This is a wonderful board!

suzysharp
02-17-2012, 02:39 PM
So I just looked at my annual statement and I only have ~$1000 in the bonus categories so I guess it won't pay for me... Plus I already paft for premier cards with United and Marriott so I'm not sure I want to pay for another card...

yankebabie
02-18-2012, 10:49 AM
Just looked on my Chase Disney Visa account online. If you click on "reward details" it breaks down the 2%, 1% and 5% bonus points earned. Shows that we are getting the 5% bonus points at the end of every statement not the end of the promo!

Sir Aaron
02-18-2012, 10:53 AM
Ok for you people who are upgrading, what about the Visa Signature benefits. I've called twice now and each time the CSR says that they aren't offering the Visa Signature card for the Premier. I told them that the website says otherwise and they replied that it is up to marketing to extend that type of offer.

I replied...so I have a credit limit that would buy a house in some parts of the country, perfect credit, and have paid my balance every month but I can't get a signature card? Well, it's not that you aren't qualified it's that we aren't offering it (at least not as part of the upgrade offer).

What?!

Anybody else had success getting the Visa Signature benefits?