PDA

View Full Version : Help with the $40 DVC tour gift card

blessedby3
01-21-2012, 06:43 PM
So....I did the DVC tour on the phone....on December 19th... and still have not received my gift card. Has anyone else that has done the tour around that time still not received theirs? I was worried because I never received my DVD info packet, and had to call back to ask about it. They ended up sending a packet (I got it within a few days from the call) and I asked the CM if she was sure I would get the gift card since I never received the packet and she said yes for sure. I just think it has been a long time and wondered if anyone else is still waiting for their gift card from mid December.

AnjieNet
01-21-2012, 09:37 PM
So....I did the DVC tour on the phone....on December 19th... and still have not received my gift card. Has anyone else that has done the tour around that time still not received theirs? I was worried because I never received my DVD info packet, and had to call back to ask about it. They ended up sending a packet (I got it within a few days from the call) and I asked the CM if she was sure I would get the gift card since I never received the packet and she said yes for sure. I just think it has been a long time and wondered if anyone else is still waiting for their gift card from mid December.

When I did my tour, Bernard said it'd be about 45 days so you aren't quite there yet. I wouldn't worry for another week or two. If you haven't gotten it by the first week of February you should probably call and check on it.

wdwmom0f3
01-21-2012, 10:59 PM
It seemed to have taken forever for my packet to come, but just as I was getting ready to call about it, it came in the mail. I got my pack last week, but my gift card has not come yet. Hopefully it will be here soon. :goodvibes

Danibelle
01-21-2012, 11:35 PM
I had the phone tour on Dec. 21 and have not received either a packet or a gift card. I guess I should be patient another week or two? :confused:

Laurawill
01-22-2012, 12:34 AM
Did the tour on December 17 and the packet came before Christmas. And I'm still waiting for the gift card. Hopefully it will come soon...

annsteere
01-22-2012, 06:38 AM
Did the tour the first week in Dec. Got the packet right away. No gift card yet.

We are going the last week in Feb. so I plan to wait till Feb 1 before calling.

blessedby3
01-22-2012, 07:09 AM
Thanks for the replies. Guess I will wait another couple of weeks before I call. I had remembered posts on the DVC tour thread of people getting the cards within 2 weeks of doing their tours, so I got concerned.

I Believe In Magic
01-22-2012, 08:18 AM
I did my tour 2 weeks ago, on a Saturday, and by Tuesday my box was here from FedEx. I hope the GC comes eventually. So was anyone else almost sucked in, or was that just me? lol Good thing the "sale" on points ended on the 17th, I was really considering it. :worship:

poohbear2
01-22-2012, 11:26 AM
I am also still waiting. I will call if not here by the first week of Feb.

cm8
01-22-2012, 11:32 AM
I did a tour with Bernard for Aulani and NEVER received my gift card!!:mad:

North of Mouse
01-22-2012, 11:39 AM
I had the phone tour on Dec. 21 and have not received either a packet or a gift card. I guess I should be patient another week or two? :confused:

I would give them a call ASAP. I received my packet about 5 days after I called, even had one follow up call, but hadn't had time to review all the info, and the caller(Judy) was very nice, not pushy at all. I didn't mention the gift card, but she did and said it would come in 30-45 days.

blessedby3
01-23-2012, 09:06 PM
OP again. I just got a phone call today saying Fedex would be bringing me a package tomorrow that needed to be signed for. Im guessing it is my $40 gift card....although I would rather have one of the free Disney Vacations they are giving away:lmao: I dont think you have to sign for those, though, so I figure my GC is what I am getting tomorrow:goodvibes

Zim
01-24-2012, 09:50 AM
I did my phone transaction of Dec 13th - the $40 gc arrived today!

blessedby3
01-24-2012, 12:31 PM
My GC came today...just like the phone message said. I was hoping it was the free trip....but I will take $40 too:thumbsup2

girli565
01-24-2012, 12:44 PM
It took about 20 days from when I took the online tour to when I received the fedex envelope.

blessedby3
01-24-2012, 01:41 PM
It took about 20 days from when I took the online tour to when I received the fedex envelope.

Thats great! It was right at 4 1/2 weeks for me:)

girli565
01-24-2012, 02:22 PM
Thats great! It was right at 4 1/2 weeks for me:)
I had already received the brochures a few days before because I had called and requested them. Then a few days after that call I received the postcard for the $40 GC in the mail. Maybe that sped up the process?

Princess_Pris85
01-24-2012, 03:18 PM
Hi OP- I called them on Dec. 9th, received my packet three days later, and still have not received a gift card. I called them this weekend and asked about the gift card since my 45 days would be today. They told me the gift card code wasn't put in properly on the 9th and that they put in the right code on Dec. 29th. The gentleman on the phone said that they'd ship the card 4 weeks from that date and I'd receive the card within a few days of that.

annsteere
01-24-2012, 04:50 PM
Got mine today. Took 6 weeks.

Laurawill
01-24-2012, 05:25 PM
Mine just arrived!!! Made the original call on December 17 and it came via Fedex today! Really made my afternoon :)

J'aime Paris
01-24-2012, 05:45 PM
Got my $40 gift card today. It came FedEx and I had to sign for it.

wdw_girl_18
01-24-2012, 08:04 PM
I did the tour at the start of December for that promotion. I never got a packet or a gift card :( Does anyone have the phone number??? I threw the brochure out!

Evi
01-24-2012, 09:13 PM
I think its a bit of a sham I did it in Nov and never received a gift card. I've contacted them 3 times each time they say they will send it. I've never had a problem receiving items from fedex, sups or ups. Since then they have sent me another flyer for me to do it again. Really why would I go through the process with no end result.

blessedby3
01-25-2012, 07:33 AM
I did the tour at the start of December for that promotion. I never got a packet or a gift card :( Does anyone have the phone number??? I threw the brochure out!

The phone number on the card is 1-888-838-1406

I think its a bit of a sham I did it in Nov and never received a gift card. I've contacted them 3 times each time they say they will send it. I've never had a problem receiving items from fedex, sups or ups. Since then they have sent me another flyer for me to do it again. Really why would I go through the process with no end result.

I would call back. Be persistant. They had records of my tour when I called and told me I would definately get the card...and I did.

princesspooh323
01-25-2012, 07:36 AM
I was sucked in!!! I did the tour last Thursday, bought on Monday, and the packet came Tuesday. I have no received the gift card yet, but based on what I am reading I will not expect it anytime soon.

blessedby3
01-25-2012, 12:13 PM
I was sucked in!!! I did the tour last Thursday, bought on Monday, and the packet came Tuesday. I have no received the gift card yet, but based on what I am reading I will not expect it anytime soon.

I envy you being able to buy:goodvibes I could only take the phone tour...but I would rather have bought in to DVC!!

KCmike
01-25-2012, 12:46 PM
Glad you posted this thread. I did the survey and can't remember when I did it but still haven't received my gift card either. I will give it till the end of January I guess and then call back.

BebopBaloo
01-25-2012, 06:48 PM
I'm still waiting too. I think it's interesting that the discount ended on the 17th (I didn't realize that) and it seems that a lot of people haven't received their packet.

In their defense I did have a message on my phone today asking if I had received the packet and that the gift card could be another couple of weeks.

poohbear2
01-25-2012, 08:08 PM
I made my call on Dec. 18th and received my card today( Jan 25th).

wdw_girl_18
01-25-2012, 08:33 PM
The phone number on the card is 1-888-838-1406

Thank you! I just called and they said they mailed my packet out a month ago, but I never got it :confused3 They said they were going to mail another packet out. So hopefully I'll get that & my gift card soon!

blessedby3
01-26-2012, 08:00 AM
Thank you! I just called and they said they mailed my packet out a month ago, but I never got it :confused3 They said they were going to mail another packet out. So hopefully I'll get that & my gift card soon!

This is what I had to do. Once I called and told them I had never received the packet of info, they resent it and it came by FedEx within a couple of days. She assured me that the gift card was already in the system and I would get it. And I did :thumbsup2

kkandaj
01-26-2012, 09:19 AM
DH called on December 15th. Never received the packet, but received a door tag from FedEx that a package that needed to be signed for in person was being delivered. (This was January 24th). They are holding it at the FedEx site because we both work during the day.:banana:

I'm not upset that we didn't receive the packet, but kind of wish we had the coloring books for our kiddos. :rotfl:

Danibelle
01-26-2012, 03:30 PM
I e-mailed my rep this week and was given a number to call if my gc doesn't arrive within 60 days! Today (just 2 days later) I got my fedex with the gc! Maybe it's coincidental, maybe it's because I e-mailed my rep? Anyway, I'm glad because I am going to the World in Feb.! :yay:

It took me 5 weeks to receive my gc.

bell.of.the.ball
01-26-2012, 03:35 PM
OP again. I just got a phone call today saying Fedex would be bringing me a package tomorrow that needed to be signed for. Im guessing it is my $40 gift card....although I would rather have one of the free Disney Vacations they are giving away:lmao: I dont think you have to sign for those, though, so I figure my GC is what I am getting tomorrow:goodvibes
I got my call today saying that Fed Ex is coming tomorrow. I know it will be the gift card.....but I would love for it to be the vacation too. I enter every day.

BTW I call on 12/30 and did the phone tour.

Our 2 Princesses
01-26-2012, 04:03 PM
We did our tour the middle of December and haven't recieved a packet, I don't think. What is in it? All we recieved was a thank you letter from the DVC rep.

candy0730
01-26-2012, 04:06 PM
I did the phone tour on 12/21 and didn't expect to receive the gift card since my rep basically said I wasn't eligible since I did the tour previously but today Fedex stopped by with my GC! :cool1:

I also had that small hope that maybe I won the Disney contest. It could happen! ;)

blessedby3
01-27-2012, 03:05 PM
DH called on December 15th. Never received the packet, but received a door tag from FedEx that a package that needed to be signed for in person was being delivered. (This was January 24th). They are holding it at the FedEx site because we both work during the day.:banana:

I'm not upset that we didn't receive the packet, but kind of wish we had the coloring books for our kiddos. :rotfl:

What do you mean coloring books??? I didnt receive coloring books for my kids:lmao: They would have liked that (or at least 2 of them):goodvibes

We did our tour the middle of December and haven't recieved a packet, I don't think. What is in it? All we recieved was a thank you letter from the DVC rep.

I received a nice large booklet with pictures of all the DVC resorts with room layouts, etc. in them...plus a smaller booklet with the DVC charts telling you how many points you need during what time of year. I DID NOT receive the coloring books:lmao:

I did the phone tour on 12/21 and didn't expect to receive the gift card since my rep basically said I wasn't eligible since I did the tour previously but today Fedex stopped by with my GC! :cool1:

I also had that small hope that maybe I won the Disney contest. It could happen! ;)

Now thats some pixie dust:wizard:

carriemp
01-27-2012, 06:06 PM
I got my gift card today and I took the tour right after Christmas.:banana:

Nana2Callie
01-27-2012, 07:19 PM
I did the DVC tour on Dec 29 and received the card today. Thanks to all of you - otherwise I wouldn't have even tried it thinking it was a scam. Thanks.