PDA

View Full Version : so who has filed their taxes already?

Pages : [1] 2

surfergirl602
01-21-2012, 01:23 PM
We did! We had to wait for the Military active duty w-2 to be released today, but I had all the info typed in to the h&r site and ready to go, so all I needed to do was double check all the info and then hit send!

Expected return due on Feb 1st! (according to the IRS refund cycle chart.)

I'm so glad to get them out of the way.

mrsklamc
01-21-2012, 01:32 PM
We use an accountant, but our stuff is to him. We'll probably pay in though. DH does quite a bit of side work.

kydisneyfans
01-21-2012, 01:41 PM
Still waiting for a 1099 and 2 W-2's here.

Luv Bunnies
01-21-2012, 02:21 PM
I love getting the taxes out of the way as early as possible. DH already got his W-2. Mine is always attached to my January paycheck at the end of the month. I work for a school district and that's how they've always done it. DH will work on the taxes as soon as we get it!

heartsy77
01-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Our's were accepted the 18 and we should have dd on the 25th!:goodvibes

Fjobe
01-21-2012, 02:40 PM
We're still waiting on my w-2. We were supposed to get them yesterday, so I'm thinking they will be in on Monday. Our taxes are as simple as can be this year, so I plan on getting all the info put in this weekend, so all I'll have to do on Monday is add my w-2.

happygirl
01-21-2012, 02:41 PM
Wed the 25th

Shanna-like-Banana
01-21-2012, 02:41 PM
not us :(

Neither of us have our w-2's and we are still waiting on our 1099

After we get the 1099 there is slim to no chance that we'll even get a refund this year

furb & dez
01-21-2012, 02:47 PM
Done on thursday. Fed return accepted in thursday, state return on friday. Should have my refunds on February 1.

ruadisneyfan2
01-21-2012, 02:50 PM
Still waiting for our W2s. I'm not excited to get it done anyway since our refund is going toward a new roof. ho- hum.
Not fun but it has to be done.

2Pirates2Princesses
01-21-2012, 03:24 PM
Not yet. Still waiting on my W2 statement (DH got his almost two weeks ago!), my student loan interest statement, and our mortgage/escrow account statement. Any refund we get is going to home improvements and vehicle maintenance. We used a large percentage of our refund last year to pay for our plane tickets and pay on our package for our Disney World trip. Wish I could say the same for this year :laughing:

Swimalie
01-21-2012, 03:32 PM
We have everything but one bank interest statement. Everything else has been entered in and then we can file.

njmomtoone
01-21-2012, 03:42 PM
We did! We had to wait for the Military active duty w-2 to be released today, but I had all the info typed in to the h&r site and ready to go, so all I needed to do was double check all the info and then hit send!

Expected return due on Feb 1st! (according to the IRS refund cycle chart.)

I'm so glad to get them out of the way.

I am almost ready to hit send. Not happy with the return amount this year. Just posted a new thread on it!

diznee25
01-21-2012, 03:49 PM
Nope, not yet. We're waiting for our W2's and some other forms. We usually file within the first week or two of February.

But we are very excited, as we are either expecting to break even, or we may even get a refund. Either is fine with us! :thumbsup2

diznee25

worm761
01-21-2012, 04:27 PM
Ours are done. They were accepted on January 17th. According to the refund cycle that means DD on Jan 25 but the IRS website says Jan 31st. Going by what the IRS site says so we should have the return back in two weeks max. It comes at a good time too, the stove is dying. We are using part of our return on the stove, part to pay off the truck, part to pay off a credit card, and part to go to my sister's wedding. You know, all the fun things you get to do when you are an adult.

dreamin_disney
01-21-2012, 04:39 PM
I wont get my w2 until end of the month. Dh already got his. Our tax appt is feb 10th @6pm so it wont get entered until the following week. how long does it take to get the refund if you have automatic deposit?

NYEmomma
01-21-2012, 05:03 PM
Still waiting on a W-2 for DH & a W-2 and 1099 for me.

a1tinkfans
01-21-2012, 05:09 PM
we're waiting on papers...appt already set.....:rolleyes1

ilovemk76
01-21-2012, 05:15 PM
After having gotten burned by a W2 that was changed and a investment statement that changes (they have until 3/15 to do the changes and then send them out) we get everything ready but wait to send it in.

Scraggy
01-21-2012, 05:46 PM
Just filed mine. The W2 we were waiting for arrived today. Should get the refund on 2/1. :thumbsup2

j's m
01-21-2012, 05:54 PM
I am so mad. I did all our business taxes early for college financial aid when I usually don't finish them until April 14th, so I could have filed soon.

Then I found out that A**y Bank screwed up by not posting my interest and will have to eventually send me a corrected 1099. I absolutely refuse to amend a tax return so I have to wait probably until the end of February to file.

BrerMama
01-21-2012, 06:33 PM
Ours went in Thursday night. We use H&R Bilock online so all our info is there, just have to enter in W2 and interest (don't pay enough mortgage interest to itemize so it's super easy). Getting a federal refund, owe state $30 -- which I will pay on the last possible day since the state government irritates me to no end, and completed and sent in my son's FAFSA since he's a senior and we're trying to make a college decision. Need to know what he'll be offered for financial aid before we can do that.

torinsmom
01-21-2012, 06:34 PM
Finally got my W-2 yesterday and filed, so I should get my refund 2/1 as well. Mine is going towards Disney as usual.

For those waiting on end of year bank statements, you may be able to see them online. My 1099 and 1098 were there and I was able to view my student loan interest on that website as well.

Disfamily0405
01-21-2012, 07:16 PM
filed on the 18th Federal and State already accepted, federal says I will get the refund on the 31st, state is a different story... Georgia has always been a little sketchy on their refunds.

happygirl
01-21-2012, 08:32 PM
filed on the 18th Federal and State already accepted, federal says I will get the refund on the 31st, state is a different story... Georgia has always been a little sketchy on their refunds.

If you directed deposited you should have it the 25th:) 31 is the very latest

snarlingcoyote
01-21-2012, 10:13 PM
I know what our return will be, but I'm still waiting on DH's W2. . .same as every year, I'm ready in January, but always wind up filing at the beginning of February!

I'll put a new roof on the house with part of the money and sock the rest away into savings.

marie1203
01-21-2012, 10:38 PM
I am waiting until DH gets back tuesday. I don't have his password and he has no cellphone service as soon as he gets back I will get then done.

stacie_d
01-21-2012, 10:51 PM
Waiting.... We still have a couple of forms we need. I know we will be paying, but at least this year I sorta know the ballpark. Probably will file on DS No. 1's birthday.

HelenePA
01-21-2012, 11:07 PM
I'm still waiting on PSU for them to put the hope/lifetime learning credits on line Feb 1... so hopefully soon...

ShhhQ
01-22-2012, 05:16 AM
I filed my taxes online on Feb 17th (in the early am)... they weren't accepted until the 19th. According to the email I received, I should get my refund on Feb 1st.... however, when I go to the IRS site for where is my refund, it says that I won't get it until Feb 8th!!!

AnnaS
01-22-2012, 06:33 AM
Would love to get them done and out of the way early but we do not receive everything until the end of the month.

MizTink
01-22-2012, 07:43 AM
I filed my taxes online on Feb 17th (in the early am)... they weren't accepted until the 19th. According to the email I received, I should get my refund on Feb 1st.... however, when I go to the IRS site for where is my refund, it says that I won't get it until Feb 8th!!!

me too. except that i did mine even before the 17th (turbo tax) and it was automatically sent the 17th. i was really expecting my refund the 25th :confused:
that extra week i have to wait really is making a HUGE difference this year too. you have no idea just how bad i need it right now :headache:

heartsy77
01-22-2012, 07:49 AM
me too. except that i did mine even before the 17th (turbo tax) and it was automatically sent the 17th. i was really expecting my refund the 25th :confused:
that extra week i have to wait really is making a HUGE difference this year too. you have no idea just how bad i need it right now :headache:

Mine did the same thing. It probably will be there the 25th! I have used turbo tax for 4 years and always filling before they Irs accepted; I have always gotten our in the first round of refunds! Every time I check mine is says a different day now! As long as it was accepted by the Irs schedule cutoff you should be good to go!

happygirl
01-22-2012, 07:59 AM
So much for getting it on the 25th :headache::headache::headache:

Refund Status Results

Your expected refund date has been changed due to processing delays. You should receive your refund by February 7, 2012.

Please wait until that date to contact us again because we cannot take any action until then. Thank you for your patience.

torinsmom
01-22-2012, 08:06 AM
From what I read, your return had to be accepted by the IRS by 2pm on 1/18 to have the 1/25 direct deposit. After that, but before 1/25 would be 2/1.

MizTink
01-22-2012, 08:11 AM
Mine did the same thing. It probably will be there the 25th! I have used turbo tax for 4 years and always filling before they Irs accepted; I have always gotten our in the first round of refunds! Every time I check mine is says a different day now! As long as it was accepted by the Irs schedule cutoff you should be good to go!

i hope you're right!!! :goodvibes
the only reason i'm worried that there could be a true delay is that i owe money form a mistake a couple years ago. the irs set up a payment arrangement for me to pay it in full by may, knowing that my refund would be sooner, and it would just come out of that. i talked to an irs rep who said that it "shouldn't" cause a delay, but can't guarantee that it won't :confused3
guess i just have to cross my fingers and wait!!!

preschoolmom
01-22-2012, 09:06 AM
Not yet. We don't get all our forms until the end of the month...

Buckimom
01-22-2012, 09:08 AM
I filed mine already..TAXACT.com is telling me I will be paid by january 25th..the free IRS2GO ap on my iphone says by January 31st..so hopefully that means the 25th is still an option. I have to pay our Disney trip off by feb 10th. Please oh please let it come by the 25th, I just want to all said and done so we can plan the rest of our trip..

meriface11
01-22-2012, 11:05 AM
ours are essentially done, so i have a good idea what we're getting back on federal and what we owe on state, but we're just waiting for 2 more documents to finalize. haven't received my w2 from my old employer, but i was able to fill out the fields based on my last pay summary. still need the 1098 for our mortgage interest, but i was able to estimate based on the interest paid in our last bill. i called and both said they won't be available until Jan 31, so I just have to wait to finish until then. we are set to close on our refinance the middle of Feb, and i was hoping we'd receive our refund by then to pay our closing costs but doubt it now. we have the money, but mentally, i wish we could pay it with the "found" money of our return than from the savings account.

sorcerormickey
01-22-2012, 11:43 AM
I finished SO's the other day - his deposit is scheduled for Feb 1. :thumbsup2

torinsmom
01-22-2012, 11:51 AM
ours are essentially done, so i have a good idea what we're getting back on federal and what we owe on state, but we're just waiting for 2 more documents to finalize. haven't received my w2 from my old employer, but i was able to fill out the fields based on my last pay summary. still need the 1098 for our mortgage interest, but i was able to estimate based on the interest paid in our last bill. i called and both said they won't be available until Jan 31, so I just have to wait to finish until then. we are set to close on our refinance the middle of Feb, and i was hoping we'd receive our refund by then to pay our closing costs but doubt it now. we have the money, but mentally, i wish we could pay it with the "found" money of our return than from the savings account.

Definitely wait for the W2. I put all my last paycheck info in and when I got my W2, the wages were different due to things that had come out pre-tax. My refund went up by $1000 once I put the correct numbers in:woohoo:

BubMunkeyBles
01-22-2012, 12:29 PM
We're putting ours in today. We're just using it to pay off a credit card and getting some regular maintenance done on our car before we drive it 4,000 miles. If it's here in February sometime then we'll be happy.

happygirl
01-22-2012, 01:15 PM
I filed mine already..TAXACT.com is telling me I will be paid by january 25th..the free IRS2GO ap on my iphone says by January 31st..so hopefully that means the 25th is still an option. I have to pay our Disney trip off by feb 10th. Please oh please let it come by the 25th, I just want to all said and done so we can plan the rest of our trip..

You will get your mom on the 25th, They are giving the bank time to put it in the account

momtosam
01-22-2012, 01:37 PM
I don't even try to begin until after 1/31. We receive so many odd ball 1099's due to union dues, work assessments, etc. I can't keep track of all the documents I should have. I'm sure if I'd file before 1/31 something would show up in the mail a few days later that I should have included.

heartsy77
01-22-2012, 02:14 PM
i hope you're right!!! :goodvibes
the only reason i'm worried that there could be a true delay is that i owe money form a mistake a couple years ago. the irs set up a payment arrangement for me to pay it in full by may, knowing that my refund would be sooner, and it would just come out of that. i talked to an irs rep who said that it "shouldn't" cause a delay, but can't guarantee that it won't :confused3
guess i just have to cross my fingers and wait!!!

Fyi- We also had the exact same situation last year: we were on a payment agreement w/ Irs at time of file. They just deducted the balance due and our dd was on time!:goodvibes:wizard:

happygirl
01-22-2012, 02:14 PM
https://www.facebook.com/2011TaxRefundDelays?sk=wall

There is a whole FB group about people have issues getting refunds status switced around AGH

scbelleatheart
01-22-2012, 02:38 PM
We'll likely get an extension because it looks likes we'll owe over $25,000 even after an adjustment.:mad:

NYCDiane
01-22-2012, 02:46 PM
I got my W2 on 1/13. I filed electronically the same day. My return wasn't "accepted" by the IRS until late on 1/18 (due to the holiday). The IRS refund cycle schedule says I should have my refund directly deposited by 2/1. However, when I went on "Where's My Refund" on the IRS website, it says I should have my refund by 2/7. :confused3

Either way, I'm glad I'm getting something back. It will be nice to be able to catch up on certain bills and pay off others. Whew!

LovinPooh
01-22-2012, 09:10 PM
The 25th is coming up.. curious to see if anyone gets theirs then. I was told 1/30 by HRBlock, and 2/6 IRS. Gosh I hope the 30th:rolleyes1

The WMR site says its unavailable, is this happening for anyone else?

happygirl
01-22-2012, 09:38 PM
The 25th is coming up.. curious to see if anyone gets theirs then. I was told 1/30 by HRBlock, and 2/6 IRS. Gosh I hope the 30th:rolleyes1

The IRS is having major issues

NYCDiane
01-22-2012, 10:18 PM

I think they update it overnight from 10pm to 6am or something like that. I checked it earlier and it was working.

Oh, are they doing direct deposits on Wednesdays now?? In the past, it's always been on Fridays. Cool if it's on a Wednesday.

Handbag Lady
01-23-2012, 12:59 AM
We have so much stuff, it usually takes us until late February to even start to get everything together to get things to our tax guy.

I envy all of you who have your taxes done already.

mrodgers
01-23-2012, 06:27 AM
We have so much stuff, it usually takes us until late February to even start to get everything together to get things to our tax guy.

I envy all of you who have your taxes done already.
If you saw the reason I usually get mine done early (crap income), you wouldn't be envious at all, LOL. I wish I had to wait for the mortgage statement and bank account interest forms as that would mean I have a nice house and money in the bank :rotfl:

Though my wife thinks her work has the W2 forms sitting in the office. They passed a paper around wanting her to sign up for electronic forms and she would have gotten hers last week. She figures they want everyone to sign up so they are holding the paper w2s for no reason at all and won't get it until January 31st. Unfortunately, all the form does for us is reduce our nice return down to nearly nothing and depress her on how much she works and leaves the kids for so little money.

bettymae1121
01-23-2012, 08:04 AM
Me! DH got his W2 early for a change, we've waited for it until mid-February in the past. But not this year, and a good thing too. Our first child is due in two weeks and getting it done now means one less thing to worry about once baby is here.

Dax
01-23-2012, 08:38 AM
I have entered one of my W-2's and DH's W-2 into TurboTax already. I am still waiting on one W-2...my job switched payroll companies at the end of Nov...so I had 2...I have an idea how much the refund is...just waiting to pull the trigger and file em...Hopefully we have our refund by Valentines Day...

DISdreamin'
01-23-2012, 11:05 AM
I'm a little scared about taxes this year! We haven't gotten our W-2s yet, but I'm sure we're going to owe a load of money. Thus, no filing until April 17th for us! ;) Thankfully I have that day off, as I'll be making a trip to the PO for that return receipt. :thumbsup2

DawnM
01-23-2012, 11:36 AM
I do not have all the info yet.

mirage0306
01-23-2012, 11:42 AM
I filed ours the 14th, and federal was accepted a few days later. I am expecting the refund this week. State took a few days longer to accept so I anticipate that refund will be a few days later than fed.

ETA--just checked my email from Turbo Tax and they said the estimated date is actually 2/1, so I guess they didn't process mine until the 19th. Not really a big deal!

DisneyDreamer04
01-23-2012, 12:30 PM
Hiya Guys! We Filed ours Friday! :cool1: But our tax lady called us today, and said that she had forgot to put our bank info in when she filed, and she went in to try to delete it from the system, and it was already excepted? So, now we will get our refund in the mail!! Can anyone tell me how long I should expect for that to come in now?? She was very sorry, but I had that kind of money coming in the mail. Does anybody think it will cause some kind of a glitch with our refund, considering she tried to delete it, and it was already accepted? Good LUCK to everyone else!

FireyFate
01-23-2012, 01:18 PM
My company takes forever to provide me a W2 each year... you'd think with our pay being automated it wouldn't be too hard to pull the 5 or 6 numbers and print one out :rolleyes:

pawn626
01-23-2012, 02:08 PM
We did!!!!!!!!!!!!! and just booked our disney trip, and the best part is it is all paid off now. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wvjules
01-23-2012, 02:39 PM
I'm still waiting on PSU for them to put the hope/lifetime learning credits on line Feb 1... so hopefully soon...

Mine were on last week.

jmsaj
01-23-2012, 02:50 PM
Used turbo tax on 1/21.... accepted by IRS on 1/23.....on track for direct deposit on 2/1

VirataMama4
01-23-2012, 04:58 PM
Just filed with Turbotax at 4:45pm EST, Accepted at 5:06pm EST! :cool1: Estimated Direct Deposit Feb. 1!

Just in time for our move and Disney trip! :banana:

bjgrazi
01-23-2012, 05:33 PM
We owe, we'll file the last day and send that check. I hate that check.

Missy29
01-23-2012, 10:24 PM
We did ours today :yay: We were able to print my dh w-2s this year. H and R blocks computer said it was accepted by the IRS pretty much right away, but the WMF site was down, so I'm not sure when it's going to be direct deposited. Our taxes is paying for our Disney trip, home repairs, and paying off a credit card, oh and I'm getting me a new iPhone!!

HelenePA
01-24-2012, 01:43 AM
Mine were on last week.

Really?!?! Thanks! I'll go look now, it said the last time I checked they wouldn't be there til feb 1 so I haven't even bothered looking! :banana:

stczt
01-24-2012, 06:58 AM
We did ours the 13th, it was accepted before noon on the 17th and was in our bank this morning

love__goofy
01-24-2012, 07:26 AM
Mine was accepted before noon on the 17th too, but there wasn't any money posted to my bank account. IRS still says it is processing. :confused3

casndan
01-24-2012, 07:34 AM
I filed last night and it was accepted this morning by the IRS, should have our refund dd by the 1st! :cool1:

secretpantssam
01-24-2012, 03:19 PM
My work waits until the last possible minute to send out our W2s. I asked to have mine posted online this year so that might save me a day or 2. But I'm ready to file when I get it!

wvjules
01-24-2012, 03:22 PM
Really?!?! Thanks! I'll go look now, it said the last time I checked they wouldn't be there til feb 1 so I haven't even bothered looking! :banana:

Mine had said Feb 1 too but then I went to elion for something else last week and checked and it was there. :thumbsup2

LOVETHATMOUSE
01-24-2012, 03:51 PM
I don't even have all our forms from the bank, work, etc..how do you all get them all so early? We never can file before the end of February :(

sorcerormickey
01-24-2012, 04:29 PM
Has the 'Where's My Refund' site worked at all for anyone? I've been checking for days and it says it is not available. :confused3

torinsmom
01-24-2012, 06:12 PM
I don't even have all our forms from the bank, work, etc..how do you all get them all so early? We never can file before the end of February :(

I got my W-2 Friday(not really early) and my bank documents are posted online days before I get them in the mail.

HelenePA
01-24-2012, 08:34 PM
Mine had said Feb 1 too but then I went to elion for something else last week and checked and it was there. :thumbsup2

It was there!! awesome! thank you! I wouldn't have even looked unless you posted! I was wondering what the credit would do for our taxes! :thumbsup2

mrodgers
01-24-2012, 08:51 PM
I'm poor. I don't get forms from banks. I only get W2s from employers :thumbsup2

Got a whole $1.76 interest last year, whoohoo!

mrsklamc
01-24-2012, 08:53 PM
I'm poor. I don't get forms from banks. I only get W2s from employers :thumbsup2

Got a whole $1.76 interest last year, whoohoo!

No mortgage?

HelenePA
01-24-2012, 08:57 PM
No mortgage?

until 6 yrs ago the only thing we had were w-2's as well. No mortgage, no college stuff, heck even now we still use the standard deduction, we dont have enough to itemize. :confused3

karinbelle
01-24-2012, 08:58 PM
If you make more than $1 million a year, you should pay 30% in taxes.

If you make $250,000 or less, your taxes should not go up.

Makes sense to me.

stasijane
01-24-2012, 08:58 PM
Did mine this morning at 9am was accepted by the IRS at 12:30pm and hopefully I will have my refund by next weds!!

ShhhQ
01-25-2012, 06:12 AM
I filed both state and federal on the 17th... the federal was accepted on the 18th, but I didn't get notice till the 19th. Turbotax said my estimated day was Feb 1st.... while the IRS site still says by the 7th!!!

Didn't get notice of the state being accepted till days later.. however, checked my account this morning and there sits my State refund!!!

torinsmom
01-25-2012, 06:16 AM
I think the key to what the IRS site says is by Feb. 7. If I remember correctly, the IRS said something similar about my refund and I got it when I was supposed to which was indeed before that date. I guess we will see when people do or don't get their refunds today(people whose returns were accepted before January 18th).

mrsklamc
01-25-2012, 06:30 AM
until 6 yrs ago the only thing we had were w-2's as well. No mortgage, no college stuff, heck even now we still use the standard deduction, we dont have enough to itemize. :confused3

Thanks but I was responding to a specific poster because I am fairly certain they have mentioned their mortgage before.

KelnRon
01-25-2012, 07:22 AM
I filed both state and federal on the 17th... the federal was accepted on the 18th, but I didn't get notice till the 19th. Turbotax said my estimated day was Feb 1st.... while the IRS site still says by the 7th!!!

Same for us! :headache: We leave next week, was hoping for a little extra spending cash. Boo.

tinkmom2
01-25-2012, 07:27 AM
I love that Walgreens posts their W 2's on their secure website! We are just wating for the school I work at to send us mine. No doubt they will wait until the last possible minute! I hope to file by next week. We go to H&R Block and they have a special promotion where they will file your 1040 for free until Feb 2nd. (I think the same special is online also) I have to get my tax info in for my FAFSA and I am just waiting on our taxes.

MizTink
01-25-2012, 07:39 AM
NO DEPOSIT :sad1:
hopefully next week......

tinkerbell1984
01-25-2012, 01:28 PM
No deposit here either...WMR says till processing, mine were accepted the 17th....Supposed to be DD today...Nothing. :confused3

MizTink
01-25-2012, 01:44 PM
yeah, i e-filed mine really early in the morning on the 15th. irs still says processing.....

surfergirl602
01-25-2012, 01:52 PM
I just checked the wmr site and mine went from feb 1st to feb 7th. Don't they usually deposit on fridays? That would mean either the 3rd or the 10th for me.

LJSquishy
01-25-2012, 03:07 PM
We were supposed to get our refund direct-deposited today, but my husband just checked back and they changed it to Jan 31st now. It doesn't matter either way, but I hate when they change it.

CamoMama
01-25-2012, 04:01 PM
Ugh. I filed on Jan 6th, as soon as the Army published my W-2 on MyPay. TurboTax said that I should receive the deposit between the 25th and 28th, WMR says by the 31st. I really hope so, because I ended up having some unexpected expenses and our Disney spending account has been reduced dramatically. the trip is, of course paid off and the dining plan was included, so we won't have a lot of out of pocket expenses, but I was really looking forward to not having to worry about pinching pennies on vacation for the first time ever. We're leaving on Feb 3rd, so we should be fine, but I'd really like to know it's there well in advance of the trip.

sorcerormickey
01-25-2012, 05:18 PM
NO NO NO NO NO!! WMR is now saying our refund is Feb 7 instead of Feb 1! :guilty:

Scraggy
01-25-2012, 05:57 PM
NO NO NO NO NO!! WMR is now saying our refund is Feb 7 instead of Feb 1! :guilty:

Mine, too.

mom2val
01-25-2012, 06:02 PM
I filed mine last week and TODAY i get a corrected 1098 from Wells Fargo! So now I have to file an ammended return so I can get back an additional $225. What a pain but for an extra $225 I am gonna file it. I have to wait until I get my original refund and then I can file for the extra.

Also just checked and now my deposit is set for Feb 7- it was for Feb 1. Oh well- it's already spent ( going to help pay for dd's school tuition)

daughtersrus
01-25-2012, 06:07 PM
I just checked the wmr site and mine went from feb 1st to feb 7th. Don't they usually deposit on fridays? That would mean either the 3rd or the 10th for me.

I thought that they changed it to Wed this year.

I filed yesterday and it was accepted a few minutes later. I thought it should be there on Feb 1st but based on the delays that people have posted, I'm thinking that it will be Feb 8th instead.

VirataMama4
01-25-2012, 07:57 PM
Did anyone get their refund today? I wonder if it will be deposited on Friday. I'm suppose to get mine on the 1st according to Turbo tax, by the 7th according to WMR and on the 3rd according to my turbo tax app... :confused:

LovinPooh
01-25-2012, 08:17 PM
I got the 7th as well...

stacy347
01-25-2012, 08:17 PM
Filed mine this evening. I was a little surprised that all of our forms came before the end of the month, but I'm glad it's over with! :thumbsup2
We ended up pretty on par with previous years, so I'm happy. :)

HelenePA
01-25-2012, 09:56 PM
Thanks but I was responding to a specific poster because I am fairly certain they have mentioned their mortgage before.

I have a mortgage but we dont pay enough in taxes to itemize with it so we dont really wait for that paper. :confused3

MizTink
01-25-2012, 10:13 PM
so how long does it take to process a return (usually)? i filed on the 15th, and wmr still says it's being processed. is this normal??

VirataMama4
01-25-2012, 10:21 PM
Duplicate Post

NYCDiane
01-25-2012, 10:23 PM
My company takes forever to provide me a W2 each year... you'd think with our pay being automated it wouldn't be too hard to pull the 5 or 6 numbers and print one out :rolleyes:

I thought there was some new law (passed a few years ago) that companies have to provide people with their tax forms no later than January 30th???? I remember in the "old days" when you wouldn't get your W2s sometimes until late Feb or March. I think people got sick of that and that's why they made the new law or guideline. I know my company has our W2s to us by the 2nd Friday in January.

SgtClaymore
01-25-2012, 10:34 PM
Thankfully I'm still receiving my retirement benefits and checks so I don't have to mess with all the stress of tax season!!!

NYCDiane
01-25-2012, 10:38 PM
Mine, too.

Me, three! I was originally 2/1 (according to Turbo Tax) but the IRS WMR says 2/7. All I want to do is pay these bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and maybe have enough left over for a treat for me!)

Missy29
01-25-2012, 11:50 PM
We filed on Mon. the 23rd and IRS says its processing and should be direct deposited on Feb 7th also. Looks like there telling everyone the same date.

DisneyNutMic
01-27-2012, 08:17 AM
Filed 01/25 - return accepted 01/25 at 11:40 before the cut off at noon. All charts show I should get refund by 02/01. The IRS (where is my refund) is now showing 02/14. I wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't planned to use the money to buy tickets to a hockey game for my son's 10th birthday on 02/08. Oh well that will teach me to not plan better.

VirataMama4
01-27-2012, 08:22 AM
Has anyone that was supposed to get their refund on the 25th, checked to see if it was there today?

Its looking like refunds are on the same 2 week schedule that they've always been on, instead of the new schedule the IRS has posted.

heartsy77
01-27-2012, 10:28 AM
Has anyone that was supposed to get their refund on the 25th, checked to see if it was there today?

Its looking like refunds are on the same 2 week schedule that they've always been on, instead of the new schedule the IRS has posted.

Mine was accepted on 18 by 11am. I have not got it. Last week it said 2/1 now it says 2/7:confused?

I am trying to not let this bother me, it's not like we need the $$, I just want it!:rotfl: But to be honest it does erk me!:mad:

daughtersrus
01-27-2012, 11:03 AM
There are some delays with some returns.

http://www.accountingtoday.com/news/IRS-Warns-Tax-Refund-Delays-61542-1.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

I filed mine earlier this week. It was accepted within a few minutes.

WMR shows that I should have it before Feb 7th

tinkerbell1984
01-27-2012, 11:51 AM
I was supposed to get mine the 25th and didn't. WMR says 'still processing' should get it by the 31st...I called to check on it and they show a deposit date of the 3rd when speaking to a person :confused3 Hoping it's accurate.

mjmartin01
01-27-2012, 06:13 PM
I'm hoping to file ours on Monday. A week delay will be MUCH better then last year's TWO MONTH delay...

Makcarly
01-27-2012, 06:19 PM
Ours was accepted the 17th (maybe it was the 18th?) and was supposed to be deposited on 1/25. Then the bank that Turbotax uses for fees (SBBT) said it would be 2/1 due to processing delays. I had a generic 1/31 date on the IRS site for a few days and now it says I should get it before 2/7. So I am guessing I really will get it on the 1st but who knows. I am trying not to stress about it. I did get my state refund deposited yesterday and that's the first time I ever got my state before the federal.

HelenePA
01-27-2012, 08:44 PM
I filed today, although most of the PSU stuff was online I had to wait for a paper telling me what our account number/service number was. Dh got a text 2 min. later saying it was accepted.

surfergirl602
01-28-2012, 07:09 PM
Ugh, just checked the WMR site: Refund Status Results

Your expected refund date has been changed due to processing delays. You should receive your refund by February 7, 2012.

That sucks. lol Its been delayed a whole week!

disneychrista
01-28-2012, 07:17 PM
I filied with HRblock on 1/20 and I actually got mine a week earlier than I expected, yesterday.

surfergirl602
01-28-2012, 07:23 PM
I filied with HRblock on 1/20 and I actually got mine a week earlier than I expected, yesterday.

I filed using h/r block online and efiled, so I am really hoping I get them early. Its not like we need it, I'm just excited to buy the last bit needed for our trip - park tickets!

MizTink
01-28-2012, 08:33 PM
so how long does it take to process a return (usually)? i filed on the 15th, and wmr still says it's being processed. is this normal??

i logged on to check if the status has changed. now it won't even log me in. :confused3

Snoopygirl
01-28-2012, 08:42 PM
UGH!! So frustrated! I have all my info plugged in and I'm just waiting for my W2. Got paid on Thusday and was hoping it would be w/ my paycheck but no such luck. Asked my employer and she said she was printing them as we spoke and we would get them on Friday. NOPE!!! And it wasn't in the mail today. I know they have til the end of the month but come on.......I want my refund!! :)

turtlebean
01-29-2012, 09:41 AM
I filed yesterday and got an email saying both state and federal was accepted today. According to the IRS chart, I should get it Feb. 8, but sounds like I probably won't get it until Feb. 15. Now I just need to figure out how to file non-resident VA taxes (we live in MD) since DH's employer took out both MD and VA taxes out of his check last year. We didn't notice it until half way through the year.

disneychrista
01-29-2012, 11:23 AM
Funny I just got an email from HRblock saying there may be a delay in my return...only as I said I already got my return, earlier than schedule.

sorcerormickey
01-29-2012, 12:37 PM
I just checked ours for the heck of it: Originally scheduled for 2/1, then WMR said 2/7, now WMR says 2/1. I'm not sure if the appropriate smiley is :headache: or :confused3 or even :laughing: .

heartsy77
01-29-2012, 02:17 PM
Ok I just checked WMR again and it says our deposit is scheduled for 2/1!:cool1:

ShhhQ
01-29-2012, 02:35 PM
sounds like I need to check again.... I filed the 17th, accepted the 18th... was told the 1st then the 7th..... still hoping for the 1st!!!

torinsmom
01-29-2012, 02:56 PM
Woohoo! Mine changed to 2/1 also!:banana:

BubMunkeyBles
01-29-2012, 03:11 PM
I'll have to ask DH, he told me earlier today though it said 2/7.

marmalade
01-29-2012, 03:23 PM
We filed on the 17th and it was accepted the 18th and it was just updated that it will be DD on 2/1. I'm not holding my breath though. :rotfl:

CamoMama
01-29-2012, 03:31 PM
I just checked wmf again, and it no longer says it's being processed. Now it says it will be direct deposited on 1 Feb, but to contact them if not by the 6th. It had better be there on the 1st, or else the first half of our trip is going to be devoid of souvenir shopping.

surfergirl602
01-29-2012, 04:46 PM
Funny I just got an email from HRblock saying there may be a delay in my return...only as I said I already got my return, earlier than schedule.

I got that email too, only. I haven't received my return yet. lol I hope it comes early.

furb & dez
01-29-2012, 05:49 PM
I got my state refund on Friday... 5 business days after filing!

torinsmom
01-29-2012, 06:39 PM
I just checked wmf again, and it no longer says it's being processed. Now it says it will be direct deposited on 1 Feb, but to contact them if not by the 6th. It had better be there on the 1st, or else the first half of our trip is going to be devoid of souvenir shopping.

I think that is the standard blurb in case your bank doesn't follow through in their end.

You can always have everyone shop and take pictures of things(and the tags) they might want. Then, near the end of your trip, you can look at the pictures and narrow it down. We do something similar every trip, because when the money's gone, it's gone. I got tired of the crying when my son saw something he wanted terribly the day after he got something else he really wanted.

taymorel
01-29-2012, 06:56 PM
We haven't even gotten our W-2s yet. Hope to get them in the next 2 weeks, so we can file.

CamoMama
01-29-2012, 08:10 PM
I think that is the standard blurb in case your bank doesn't follow through in their end.

You can always have everyone shop and take pictures of things(and the tags) they might want. Then, near the end of your trip, you can look at the pictures and narrow it down. We do something similar every trip, because when the money's gone, it's gone. I got tired of the crying when my son saw something he wanted terribly the day after he got something else he really wanted.

Ooh, great idea! I might use that idea, even if we do have the money in hand, just to make sure we son't go overboard. Thanks!

disneychrista
01-29-2012, 08:18 PM
We haven't even gotten our W-2s yet. Hope to get them in the next 2 weeks, so we can file.

Your employeers only have a few days to get them to you. By law they have to be available to you (or post-marked if you no longer are in their employ) by 1/31.

daughtersrus
01-29-2012, 08:23 PM
I filed 1/24 and it was accepted within a few minutes.

Tax Act shows...

This federal electronic return has been successfully filed. It was accepted by the Internal Revenue Service(IRS) on 1/24/2012.

Based upon the acceptance date of this Federal electronic return, the Federal refund should be transferred to the appropriate bank on 2/1/2012 (allow 48-72 additional hours for transfer to the appropriate account). Please keep in mind, however, that the IRS does not guarantee a specific date that a refund will be deposited into a taxpayer's financial institution account or mailed. Taxpayers should wait at least three weeks from the time the electronic return data is acknowledged as accepted by the IRS before checking the status of a refund. To check the status of a refund, call TeleTax at 1-800-829-4477 (toll free) or go to www.irs.gov and click Where's My Refund.

The WMR sites shows...
We have received your tax return and it is being processed. Unless there is a processing delay or you owe other taxes, you should receive your refund by February 7, 2012.

torinsmom
01-29-2012, 08:43 PM
I filed 1/24 and it was accepted within a few minutes.

Tax Act shows...

This federal electronic return has been successfully filed. It was accepted by the Internal Revenue Service(IRS) on 1/24/2012.

Based upon the acceptance date of this Federal electronic return, the Federal refund should be transferred to the appropriate bank on 2/1/2012 (allow 48-72 additional hours for transfer to the appropriate account). Please keep in mind, however, that the IRS does not guarantee a specific date that a refund will be deposited into a taxpayer's financial institution account or mailed. Taxpayers should wait at least three weeks from the time the electronic return data is acknowledged as accepted by the IRS before checking the status of a refund. To check the status of a refund, call TeleTax at 1-800-829-4477 (toll free) or go to www.irs.gov and click Where's My Refund.

The WMR sites shows...
We have received your tax return and it is being processed. Unless there is a processing delay or you owe other taxes, you should receive your refund by February 7, 2012.

Mine said 2/7 until today, so your could still change.

NYCDiane
01-29-2012, 08:46 PM
I think they're still doing direct deposits on Fridays. For example, they're saying it's scheduled to be "sent" on 2/1 (wed) and if you don't get it by the 7th (tues), contact them. So, if they "send" it to your bank on Wednesday, that would be for a Friday direct deposit (as the feds have always done w/tax refunds). Also, they mail out tax refund checks on fridays to be received on Tuesday. So, with this answer, they're covering both sides (direct deposit and check).

MarriedToAPrince
01-29-2012, 09:11 PM
We filed on Thurs, I think, through TurboTax. It has been accepted and we should get our DD around the 8th I think.

We owe for state so we are filing that later, but our federal ended up being more then double back what we thought, which is awesome. We are going to use that money for some house stuff.

tinkmom2
01-29-2012, 09:47 PM
We went to get our taxes done Saturday. We go to H&R block and of course didn't qualify for the free tax preperation lol This was the worst year return wise we have ever had! We changed our deductions and didn't have enough Flex pay for medical expenses taken out of his checks. We don't owe but our return is very small. (No Disney for us for the next few years) We made sure for this year to fix our withholding. I am also a student this year so that will help to increase our return for this next year.

Our medical insurance went up a bit but a friend of mine is saying they have a $3000.00 deductable to meet:scared1: By the time we get my husbands check we are scratching our head as to where it all goes:rotfl:

aleask
01-30-2012, 01:13 AM
Yes, all done! Took a break from college class studying and whipped out my taxes. I can't believe how quick it was accepted by federal (literally minutes) and state not to far behind, maybe five hours.

herdtoDisney
01-30-2012, 05:07 AM
I did TurboTax last night and I was shocked also at how fast it was accepted! :cool1: And that was after an initial rejection :headache: because, like I do every year, I put my married name instead of my maiden name-I kept it with SS and they check for a match, so I have to remember to use it on my taxes. TurboTax let me correct it and I refiled and got accepted quickly!

Dh and I prefer paper checks so we will be getting it in the mail. I'll check in a couple days to see when it is expected.

I print and mail my state one.

I did spend a couple hours on the taxes, but it wasn't hard and I ordered pizza and salad for us for dinner so I didn't have to stop to cook :thumbsup2 I made a nice file with all the paperwork too-we are heading to Disney in a few weeks and I wanted to get it done before we left so I wouldn't have to think about it! :cool1:

pyrxtc
01-30-2012, 05:27 AM
still waiting for my DH's W2. It won't be online until Feb 1st and we haven't gotten the physical paper yet. My taxes are all filled out and ready to go, I just need to put in those numbers and we are done.

KelnRon
01-30-2012, 08:03 AM
Darn mine hasn't changed back to the 1st.:confused3

SDSorority
01-30-2012, 08:27 AM
We haven't done ours yet because I just got my W-2's today. (annoyed...)

We'll do ours over the next couple of weekends... wheeeeeeeeeee.....

chimilady
01-30-2012, 10:06 AM
Just filed last night. Woo-hoo!

njmomtoone
01-30-2012, 10:46 AM
We filed on 1/23, accepted the next day. IRS site said 2/1 deposit then it changed to 2/7 and now went back to 2/1, so we'll see!

figmentsimagination
01-30-2012, 10:57 AM
I was all ready to file my taxes until I realized I had to wait to see if we get a 1099 because my husband received stock (or something) from his grandmother. Grrrr. so ready to hit submit.... to put some money away for disney and bills!!!!!!! Ahhh:headache:

daughtersrus
01-30-2012, 02:01 PM
I thought that I would see if the WMR site updated today. Looks like they're having some problems. They have a message that says "We're having some technical difficulties right now but expect to have this resolved soon. We apologize for the inconvenience."

pyrxtc
01-30-2012, 05:34 PM
Got his W2 today. Everything is filed and has been accepted.

MyDizneyBoyz
01-30-2012, 06:55 PM
Filed and accepted on 1/25 before the 11am cutoff time. The Where's My Refund page has said we can expect our return to be deposited on the 31st (tomorrow - woohoo!) and it's said that ever since we filed. Hopefully it's accurate. I figure it will post to our account within a day or two as our credit union is usually pretty quick about these things.

surfergirl602
01-30-2012, 07:10 PM
I thought that I would see if the WMR site updated today. Looks like they're having some problems. They have a message that says "We're having some technical difficulties right now but expect to have this resolved soon. We apologize for the inconvenience."

I've had that error all day. Annoying. lol:laughing:

ToodlesRN
01-30-2012, 07:27 PM
Did it take the full 72hrs to view your status on the WMR website?

LovinPooh
01-30-2012, 07:59 PM
Mine is still showing the 7th. It was accepted on the 18th. I am keeping my fingers crossed, but I am really worrying about it. I am a worrier ;)
Is there a certain time of day it shows up in bank account? And do they always show when it will be DD on the WMR site, or does it just show up in accnt?

torinsmom
01-30-2012, 07:59 PM
I've had that error all day. Annoying. lol:laughing:

I had that error on the first page, but underneath the error is another link to where's my refund. When I click on that, I am able to get my refund status.

jenn1972
01-30-2012, 09:36 PM
I submitted on 1/26, it was accepted at 10pm that evening. I checked the WMR at 72 hours (pretty much to the minute, haha) and it's telling me nothing.

By poking around I've seen they update their information on Wednesdays (who knows true or old wives tale?)

I guess I could take a patience pill and see what happens on Wednesday or alternative is to stalk the IRS.gov site.

si-am
01-30-2012, 09:48 PM
We used TurboTax and filed tonight. This is the first year we haven't owed anything-- not sure what changed, but we're getting a whopping $64 back from the Feds, which just about covers the Turbo Tax fees to file. (We're getting more back from State, but we always do.)

NYCDiane
01-30-2012, 10:19 PM
Mine is still showing the 7th. It was accepted on the 18th. I am keeping my fingers crossed, but I am really worrying about it. I am a worrier ;)
Is there a certain time of day it shows up in bank account? And do they always show when it will be DD on the WMR site, or does it just show up in accnt?

The IRS has always done direct deposits to show up in your account on Fridays. This year, they're saying your DD is scheduled to be "sent" on _____ and the dates are all Wednesdays. My take on it is that they start transmitting the bank wires on Wednesdays and it arrives in your account on Friday morning. (That's how my job does it, too. Payroll is done on Tuesday and given to ADP. They take the info and make the transmission on Wednesdays. We get our DD or paper checks on Friday).

If you're getting a paper check, they mail those on Friday and you get it by Tuesday.

MyDizneyBoyz
01-31-2012, 06:57 AM
Filed and accepted on 1/25 before the 11am cutoff time. The Where's My Refund page has said we can expect our return to be deposited on the 31st (tomorrow - woohoo!) and it's said that ever since we filed. Hopefully it's accurate. I figure it will post to our account within a day or two as our credit union is usually pretty quick about these things.

Update - Fed return deposited and posted this morning. :cool1:

daughtersrus
01-31-2012, 07:12 AM
Update - Fed return deposited and posted this morning. :cool1:

WMR still isn't giving me a deposit date. Just this message.

We have received your tax return and it is being processed. Unless there is a processing delay or you owe other taxes, you should receive your refund by February 7, 2012

I'm thinking that means that our deposit will be made next week sometime.:confused3

VirataMama4
01-31-2012, 07:37 AM
WMR still isn't giving me a deposit date. Just this message.

We have received your tax return and it is being processed. Unless there is a processing delay or you owe other taxes, you should receive your refund by February 7, 2012

I'm thinking that means that our deposit will be made next week sometime.:confused3

Mine says the same thing...

momto2inKC
01-31-2012, 07:41 AM
Did our taxes 1/27, they were accepted that evening. Just now it's finally showing up on the IRS website. It say we should have our refund by Tuesday 2/14. I guess their refund schedule is still not accurate. According to it we should have it by 2/8.

Missy29
01-31-2012, 08:45 AM
We got our taxes done Jan 23( last Monday) at H and R Block and our taxes were direct deposited this morning:yay:

KingK12
01-31-2012, 08:49 AM
still waiting on this w-2!!! It better get here soon...

daughtersrus
01-31-2012, 08:52 AM
We got our taxes done Jan 23( last Monday) at H and R Block and our taxes were direct deposited this morning:yay:

Out of curiosity, what does the Where's My Refund website show? I'm wondering if because of the problems that they're having, that maybe the site just hasn't been updated. :confused3

kinntj
01-31-2012, 09:25 AM
Fantastic to those who have gotten it done already! It's such a relief to have that over with.

DH does it as soon as his list of items comes in. I think we got what we needed from the bank and investments. Our refunds are either really small or we pay in, so it's nothing too exciting to do anything with.

mookie
01-31-2012, 09:38 AM
Did our taxes 1/27, they were accepted that evening. Just now it's finally showing up on the IRS website. It say we should have our refund by Tuesday 2/14. I guess their refund schedule is still not accurate. According to it we should have it by 2/8.

We filed ours yesterday through HR Block. It was accepted yesterday afternoon, but there is no info on the IRS site yet, but HR says we won't get our refund til the 13th, which is wierd because the IRS schedule says we should get it on the 8th. Going to wait for the IRS site to update and then see if it says the same thing. Hoping it's sooner rather than later! Wonder if they are still behind in processing?

ToodlesRN
01-31-2012, 09:45 AM

We filed on the same day and was expecting the 8th not the 14th. Checked WMR this morning and it's showing the 14th too.

momto2inKC
01-31-2012, 09:50 AM
We filed ours yesterday through HR Block. It was accepted yesterday afternoon, but there is no info on the IRS site yet, but HR says we won't get our refund til the 13th, which is wierd because the IRS schedule says we should get it on the 8th. Going to wait for the IRS site to update and then see if it says the same thing. Hoping it's sooner rather than later! Wonder if they are still behind in processing?

The IRS site took the full 72 hours for ours to show up that it states it might take. I was worried there was something wrong, I don't remember it taking that long in prior years.
I thought the issues they were having were fixed, but it looks like that might not be the case.

BubMunkeyBles
01-31-2012, 09:58 AM
Our money dropped this morning. :) DH filed on the 24th for those curious to know when he filed. We normally get paid a day early so its not surprising it went in today (we also got paid this morning and the 1st is payday for the military).

GottaLuvMickey
01-31-2012, 10:44 AM
Our money dropped this morning. :) DH filed on the 24th for those curious to know when he filed. We normally get paid a day early so its not surprising it went in today (we also got paid this morning and the 1st is payday for the military).

Yay for you! :cool1: Boo for me.... :mad: We filed on the 21st and it was accepted (according to the email Turbo Tax sent me) on the 22nd. When I check the Where's My Refund webpage, it says to expect it "By Feb 7th." which is next Tuesday, but we really were hoping to have it tomorrow like the IRS deposit schedule says... I guess I should keep my fingers crossed! :confused3

Tgtown
01-31-2012, 11:23 AM
We filed 1/24 with deposit date of 2/1. Last week updated to 2/7. This week updated to 2/14. Here we go again.

MyDizneyBoyz
01-31-2012, 12:14 PM
Out of curiosity, what does the Where's My Refund website show? I'm wondering if because of the problems that they're having, that maybe the site just hasn't been updated. :confused3

WMR has said this since a day or two after our taxes were accepted and the money was available in our acct this morning as promised:

Refund Status Results
Your tax refund is scheduled to be direct deposited on January 31, 2012. If your refund is not credited to your account by February 5, 2012, check with your bank to find out if it has been received. Please wait until February 5, 2012 before you contact us again because we are unable to take any action until then.

Missy29
01-31-2012, 12:29 PM

After it processed it said it should be direct deposited on Jan 31 and it was actually on time. At first it said Feb 7 but as of Fri it said Jan 31.

FarmDisney
01-31-2012, 01:22 PM
When I try to log back in to check out refund status, it says that I must have entered something in error. Ugh! At first, the IRS WMR site said the 1st, then the 7th, then the 14th, now it doesn't even show up on the site. Hope nothing is amiss.

CowboyCO
01-31-2012, 01:40 PM
Filed today and already got email stating it was accepted by the IRS. Hoping to get it by the 8th. :woohoo:

momto2inKC
01-31-2012, 01:47 PM
How frustrating...I went back to re-read what the Wheres My Refund site said about ours and now it's not even able to pull it up :rolleyes: It's back to the message that's on there right after you file.

BubMunkeyBles
01-31-2012, 02:23 PM
Yay for you! :cool1: Boo for me.... :mad: We filed on the 21st and it was accepted (according to the email Turbo Tax sent me) on the 22nd. When I check the Where's My Refund webpage, it says to expect it "By Feb 7th." which is next Tuesday, but we really were hoping to have it tomorrow like the IRS deposit schedule says... I guess I should keep my fingers crossed! :confused3

Ours said the 7th too and never changed. I think some has to do with the bank you use.

wvjules
01-31-2012, 03:35 PM
I filed and it was accepted last night. If I don't have the money in two weeks then I'll worry about it. No need checking the website every hour, or calling them. It comes when it comes. :thumbsup2

momto2inKC
01-31-2012, 03:47 PM
I filed and it was accepted last night. If I don't have the money in two weeks then I'll worry about it. No need checking the website every hour, or calling them. It comes when it comes. :thumbsup2

You might want to give it 3 weeks going by what everyones posting on here. The refund schedule is not accurate for some reason this year (in a lot of cases).

stephgles
01-31-2012, 08:52 PM
That past few years refunds were direct deposited on a Friday even though it had a Tuesday date. I guess I will find out between Feb 8 - Feb 14 (hopefully).

sorcerormickey
02-01-2012, 03:08 AM
Woohoo! Got our deposit today - what a relief! :dance3:

surfergirl602
02-01-2012, 06:26 AM
Woohoo! Got our deposit today - what a relief! :dance3:

Sigh, nothing for us this morning. Hopefully friday!

Scraggy
02-01-2012, 06:28 AM
Mine wasn't deposited either.

rileyreese
02-01-2012, 06:32 AM
Mine either! I am just paying off a bunch of bills with it but it would still be nice to have!

HHSTigerFan
02-01-2012, 06:36 AM
Got ours, woke up at around 2AM, checked real quick and was already there..:banana:

ChiCat
02-01-2012, 06:57 AM
We filed ours on Monday night and it was accepted on Tuesday. I soooo wish we were using it for a vacation but we are using it to put money in our Roth IRA and probably a down payment on a new car. Which I know the new car will be fun but we won't be getting that for a few months.

And I know the IRA thing doesn't make any sense because we should keep it where we don't get a return and we should put money into our IRA after tax season so it has all year to grow but we always put it in at the "end of the year". If that makes sense, I've been up since 3am :rotfl2:

daughtersrus
02-01-2012, 07:00 AM
Nothing for me either. WMR still shows that I should get it by Feb 7 even though the chart shows Feb 1

LovinPooh
02-01-2012, 07:13 AM
scheduled for Friday! :cool1:

njmomtoone
02-01-2012, 08:00 AM
Ours was deposited this morning. Just in time for our new roof today!

mirage0306
02-01-2012, 09:07 AM
IRS accepted ours on 1/19. No deposit for us today.

ETA: Just checked WMR and it is scheduled to go in Friday. :)

daughtersrus
02-01-2012, 10:12 AM
Looks like mine must have a problem. :headache:

I did ours Jan 24 and it was accepted a few minutes later. WMR still shows We have received your tax return and it is being processed. Unless there is a processing delay or you owe other taxes, you should receive your refund by February 7, 2012.

I did DD's two days later on Jan 26th and it was accepted on the 26th. WMR shows

WMR shows
Your tax refund is scheduled to be direct deposited on February 3, 2012. If your refund is not credited to your account by February 8, 2012, check with your bank to find out if it has been received. Please wait until February 8, 2012 before you contact us again because we are unable to take any action until then.

StacyMarie
02-01-2012, 10:17 AM
Filed on the 25th, DD this morning. Just in time to pay off a couple bills and dump the rest into the "down payment on a house fund". Now, to build or buy already built :)

Disfamily0405
02-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Mine is pending in my account this morning! so excited, I can't wait to go buy the rest of my gift cards at Target, I have have a my husband's employee discount, our Target Visa, and a Pharmacy rewards card so I will be paying off the remainder of our 2013 cruise.

stacy347
02-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Just checked again and WMR now says our deposit should be in by the 3rd (we went from the 7th to the 14th at first) ~ happy to see it will be sooner! :)

StacyMarie
02-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Filed on the 25th, DD this morning. Just in time to pay off a couple bills and dump the rest into the "down payment on a house fund". Now, to build or buy already built :)

StacyMarie
02-01-2012, 10:44 AM
Double post

ksloane
02-01-2012, 11:04 AM
Just filed mine....now to play the waiting game. :-)

NYEmomma
02-01-2012, 11:29 AM
So February 1st has arrived and still no hide nor hair of DH's W-2 from his former employer (he quit in April). :rolleyes:

I guess it just has to be post-marked by January 31, right?

daughtersrus
02-01-2012, 12:11 PM
So February 1st has arrived and still no hide nor hair of DH's W-2 from his former employer (he quit in April). :rolleyes:

I guess it just has to be post-marked by January 31, right?
That's correct.

lilpig
02-01-2012, 05:31 PM
So no dd as of this morning :sad2: even though according to the filing chart it should have. The irs website still says the 7th :confused3

I just want it so i can pay off my trip ( I can without it) just makes it easier..

ShhhQ
02-01-2012, 07:33 PM
So no dd as of this morning :sad2: even though according to the filing chart it should have. The irs website still says the 7th :confused3

I just want it so i can pay off my trip ( I can without it) just makes it easier..

I didn't get mine either :sad2:.... I wanted mine so I could make my deposit!! It is more than enough to pay for the whole trip, but gonna wait and see if FD comes out to pay balance, but can't make the deposit without that refund!! Plus my quoted hold will run out tommorrow so have to redo it all.

mom2val
02-01-2012, 07:39 PM
We filed 1/22 in the am using Turbo Tax. WMR still says..."We have received your tax return and it is being processed. Unless there is a processing delay or you owe other taxes, you should receive your refund by February 7, 2012."

:confused3

ugadog99
02-01-2012, 07:44 PM
We filed 1/22 in the am using Turbo Tax. WMR still says..."We have received your tax return and it is being processed. Unless there is a processing delay or you owe other taxes, you should receive your refund by February 7, 2012."

Yep, me too. :headache:

surfergirl602
02-01-2012, 07:48 PM
I didn't get mine either :sad2:.... I wanted mine so I could make my deposit!! It is more than enough to pay for the whole trip, but gonna wait and see if FD comes out to pay balance, but can't make the deposit without that refund!! Plus my quoted hold will run out tommorrow so have to redo it all.

If you call, they should be able to extend the hold for you. I've done it for clients many times. :)

NYCDiane
02-01-2012, 08:13 PM
My status on WMR finally changed this morning. It said that my refund is scheduled to be direct deposited into my account on Friday (2/3). Finally!!!

I can finally pay off a few bills and get something for myself that I've been waiting to get. Yay! Hoping to also have enough left over to put aside for emergency.

ShhhQ
02-02-2012, 06:35 AM
My status on WMR finally changed this morning. It said that my refund is scheduled to be direct deposited into my account on Friday (2/3). Finally!!!

I can finally pay off a few bills and get something for myself that I've been waiting to get. Yay! Hoping to also have enough left over to put aside for emergency.

Me Too!! Me Too!!

momto2inKC
02-02-2012, 07:16 AM
Mine changed this morning from 2/14 to Monday 2/6:thumbsup2

mom2val
02-02-2012, 07:33 AM

Check this am and now it has changed to... "Your tax refund is scheduled to be direct deposited on February 6, 2012. If your refund is not credited to your account by February 11, 2012, check with your bank to find out if it has been received. Please wait until February 11, 2012 before you contact us again because we are unable to take any action until then"

at least it is done processing so I can breathe a sigh of relief! :thumbsup2

FirestoneRocks
02-02-2012, 08:31 AM
My DD was there this morning. YAY!! :thumbsup2 (We filed on 1/17)

The WMR said it would be DD tomorrow, but our credit union always releases our deposits a day early, including our paychecks. :cool1:

daughtersrus
02-02-2012, 08:49 AM

We filed 1/24 and still have the same message as you.

Looks like we got stuck in the set of returns that were delayed.

http://www.accountingtoday.com/news/IRS-Warns-Tax-Refund-Delays-61542-1.html

The IRS noted that the delay only affects some early filers, and taxpayers whose returns were accepted by the IRS on or after January 26 would not experience the delay.

ugadog99
02-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Mine were filed on the 22nd, so I'm still getting the February 7th message. Darn.......:rolleyes1

surfergirl602
02-02-2012, 11:22 AM
Mine were filed on the 22nd, so I'm still getting the February 7th message. Darn.......:rolleyes1

Same here. I'm always worried something is wrong until the deposit goes though. Its okay that its on the 7th... DH can't buy our park tickets until he gets back to his base anyway... (he's training somewhere else for the next three weeks) but I just want to have them in hand. lol

VirataMama4
02-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Went to check WMR and its saying it can't provide any information.:confused3 It was saying the 7th, so maybe they're updating the status... Once can hope anyways. :lmao:

Ryansdad0727
02-02-2012, 03:37 PM
I got mine back yesterday. I bought a solar powered hot water heater this year and the government paid for $3898 of it. I had an adoption rebate last year and didn't get my money until late August. It was much better this year.

rileyreese
02-02-2012, 03:41 PM
Went to check WMR and its saying it can't provide any information.:confused3 It was saying the 7th, so maybe they're updating the status... Once can hope anyways. :lmao:

Mine says by the 7th too and I checked it and it was down so I am with you and am hoping it will change and say DD tomorrow!

ShhhQ
02-03-2012, 05:37 AM
Finally!!! 2 and a half weeks AFTER filing.... I got my DD today!!!!

Yippee now can finally book....

VirataMama4
02-03-2012, 06:38 AM
Finally mine DD is scheduled for the 7th! :cool1:

surfergirl602
02-03-2012, 06:40 AM
Oh my God.... freaking out here..... I got our refund today.... it was the wrong amount?!?!? Its supposed to be $3700, they only deposited $115!!!!! I am going to call (and be on hold forever) as soon as the kids leave for school, but I am just sick over this. I have NO idea what the problem is! Our taxes are straight forward, and done online with h&r block!

VirataMama4
02-03-2012, 06:47 AM
Oh my God.... freaking out here..... I got our refund today.... it was the wrong amount?!?!? Its supposed to be $3700, they only deposited $115!!!!! I am going to call (and be on hold forever) as soon as the kids leave for school, but I am just sick over this. I have NO idea what the problem is! Our taxes are straight forward, and done online with h&r block!

Have you checked WMR to see if it says anything? Could you possibly owe anything to anyone that could get it taken out of your refund, IE Child support, student loans, etc :confused3 I hope you get it worked out and quick!

surfergirl602
02-03-2012, 06:48 AM
Have you checked WMR to see if it says anything? Could you possibly owe anything to anyone that could get it taken out of your refund, IE Child support, student loans, etc :confused3 I hope you get it worked out and quick!

No, we don't owe anything like that. I did check the site, and it doesn't say anything. Ugh, there is just a huge knot in my stomach.

daughtersrus
02-03-2012, 07:12 AM
Finally mine DD is scheduled for the 7th! :cool1:

Does it say that your DD is scheduled for the 7th?

Mine still says We have received your tax return and it is being processed. Unless there is a processing delay or you owe other taxes, you should receive your refund by February 7, 2012.

We filed on the 24th and it was accepted on the 24th. I filed DD on the 26th and her DD was in her bank account today.

surfergirl602
02-03-2012, 07:20 AM
I've been trying for 20 minutes now just to speak to an actual person! The automated system keeps hanging up on me!

VirataMama4
02-03-2012, 07:22 AM
Does it say that your DD is scheduled for the 7th?

Mine still says We have received your tax return and it is being processed. Unless there is a processing delay or you owe other taxes, you should receive your refund by February 7, 2012.

We filed on the 24th and it was accepted on the 24th. I filed DD on the 26th and her DD was in her bank account today.

Mine says : Your tax refund is scheduled to be direct deposited on February 7, 2012. If your refund is not credited to your account by February 12, 2012, check with your bank to find out if it has been received. Please wait until February 12, 2012 before you contact us again because we are unable to take any action until then.

My bank even shows that it is a pending deposit set to post on the 6th and available on the 7th! So I know its coming. :goodvibes

Yesterday I couldn't check the status at all with WMR, so I'm guessing that is when the status was being changed. I filed on the evening of the 22nd and it was accepted that night.

surfergirl602
02-03-2012, 08:10 AM
UPDATE:

I just got off the phone with the irs... it turns out they have no idea what the federal deposit is, that my tax refund isn't showing to be deposited until the 8th, and it is for the full amount. (yay!!) They told me to call my bank.

The bank told me that all they can find is that its a federal deposit. SO... I googled it.
It turns out its some sort of per diem pay or something owed to my husband, who is deployed.

Now that the shock is gone, and all is right with the world, and my dreams of disney are no longer shattered (refund is our ticket money) I think I'll go take a shower. lol

momto2inKC
02-03-2012, 08:11 AM
Ours is showing in our bank account to be deposited on Monday :thumbsup2 I filed 6 days ago online and had an original deposit date of 2/14.

DAD21
02-03-2012, 08:11 AM
Not till April 17th. My wife is a CPA for a large firm and we have our taxes set so we usually owe between $100 and $200 dollars or somewhere close to that. We never let the government hold our money interest free.

daughtersrus
02-03-2012, 08:22 AM
UPDATE:

I just got off the phone with the irs... it turns out they have no idea what the federal deposit is, that my tax refund isn't showing to be deposited until the 8th, and it is for the full amount. (yay!!) They told me to call my bank.

The bank told me that all they can find is that its a federal deposit. SO... I googled it.
It turns out its some sort of per diem pay or something owed to my husband, who is deployed.

Now that the shock is gone, and all is right with the world, and my dreams of disney are no longer shattered (refund is our ticket money) I think I'll go take a shower. lol
Great news!

marmalade
02-03-2012, 08:32 AM
UPDATE:

WOW! Glad to hear it worked out. I love that your main fear was your WDW trip, a true die hard disney fan. Those would have been my exact thoughts also, Nooooooooooo I need that money for the mouse. :rotfl:

surfergirl602
02-03-2012, 08:39 AM
Great news!

Yes, it is! lol

LisaNJ25
02-03-2012, 08:59 AM
Mine was supposed to be deposited 2/8 and it showed up today :cool1:

mjmartin01
02-03-2012, 09:57 AM
We filed ours 1/31. Got the email they were accepted 2 hours later... Checked WMR yesterday and it said "should be deposited by 2/7" (which I thought was early) and now this morning it says, should be deposited by 2/14

Arynrm1
02-03-2012, 10:07 AM
Filed 5 days ago and I already have state!!! I expected it by Feb 8.

They are super fast this year

Southernmiss
02-03-2012, 10:19 AM
Did turbo tax ourselves online. Completed late Thursday night 1/26. Received Fed refund this a.m. 2/3. No delays here!

daughtersrus
02-03-2012, 10:38 AM
Did turbo tax ourselves online. Completed late Thursday night 1/26. Received Fed refund this a.m. 2/3. No delays here!

The delays were for those the returns that were accepted before 1/26.

simba_fan
02-03-2012, 10:51 AM

That's me too! I am becoming addicted to the Where's My Refund page as well as the SBBT as we are having it Direct Deposited. This is almost as bad as waiting for a new Disney code to be released (you know? The days leading up to the final announcement...) :rotfl2:

ToodlesRN
02-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Received our DD today filed on the 27th, first it was the 8th then the 14th and now the 3rd. They did withhold $1346 from our return and it was a huge mistake a note on WMR saying that we owe the federal government called the number and some other state shows I owe child support:scared1: my response was I didn't know I gave birth to another child and left it in a state Ive never been to!! After further investigation my SS# got mixed up with another persons. I spoke to the director and I clearly said this was a mistake that should have never happened the person who was entering the info should double, triple check that the name, SS# and address match correctly before hitting the enter button. It's going to take months to get that money back but I told them I need it by March the latest so we shall see??

daughtersrus
02-03-2012, 11:02 AM
That's me too! I am becoming addicted to the Where's My Refund page as well as the SBBT as we are having it Direct Deposited. This is almost as bad as waiting for a new Disney code to be released (you know? The days leading up to the final announcement...) :rotfl2:

I don't think that WMR is accurate for those that filed early. Mine still shows that it's in process and I should have it by Feb 7. I called and spoke to someone today. She checked the system and said that there are no holds (child support, back taxes...) and that it's scheduled for a deposit Feb 8. She said that I will need to allow 5 days to get the money so it may not be in the bank until Feb 13th.

I filed DD return two days after ours and she got her DD today.

bettymae1121
02-03-2012, 11:05 AM
got my refund today, yay!

simba_fan
02-03-2012, 11:09 AM
I don't think that WMR is accurate for those that filed early. Mine still shows that it's in process and I should have it by Feb 7. I called and spoke to someone today. She checked the system and said that there are no holds (child support, back taxes...) and that it's scheduled for a deposit Feb 8. She said that I will need to allow 5 days to get the money so it may not be in the bank until Feb 13th.

Well here's hoping that we all get them soon. :thumbsup2

Southernmiss
02-03-2012, 02:45 PM

Ahh ok. I hope that all gets sorted out for those in the delay very, very soon!

surfergirl602
02-03-2012, 02:50 PM

When I called today the lady I spoke with said the same thing. So I'm hoping the beginning of next week! I did get my state today though.

kldmom200
02-03-2012, 03:41 PM
It's usually April 10-16 for us :( :( DH is self-employed and is incorporated, so we have an accountant do the business taxes first, and then he can do ours.... THANKFULLY the last 8 or so years we've gotten refunds... keeping my fingers crossed this year is no different!! :thumbsup2

daughtersrus
02-03-2012, 04:37 PM
When I called today the lady I spoke with said the same thing. So I'm hoping the beginning of next week! I did get my state today though.

We're in IL so the chances of seeing out state anytime soon is pretty slim.

AnnaS
02-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Wow - we finally received our last paper/statement yesterday so now we can actually make our appointment to file. Good for you guys!!! No refund for us so no hurry :(

lilpig
02-03-2012, 05:52 PM

This is me too!!! I am going crazy!!! Because our trip is soon and I need the money for shopping and eating!!!:laughing:

North of Mouse
02-03-2012, 07:21 PM
My DH filed our taxes online yest. They said the money would be in our account (direct deposit) in 7 days. The state is usually fairly quick also.

disneydreamin247
02-03-2012, 08:56 PM
I filed 1/30 so by the chart should be getting my refund by 2/7 but WMR says 2/14. So frustrating!

berries
02-03-2012, 11:11 PM
I was sick that it said mine wouldn't be DD until the 14th. I needed to purchase plane tickets, etc before they were higher. Then it changed to the 7th. But it arrived today! I'm so thrilled!

natenapril
02-04-2012, 09:41 AM
I filed 1/30 so by the chart should be getting my refund by 2/7 but WMR says 2/14. So frustrating!

I filed the same day so I'm hoping mine goes in on the 7th.

I was sick that it said mine wouldn't be DD until the 14th. I needed to purchase plane tickets, etc before they were higher. Then it changed to the 7th. But it arrived today! I'm so thrilled!

Hopefully the same happens for us!

rszdtrvl
02-04-2012, 11:33 AM
We filed already. According to our bank online, the money is floating and scheduled to deposit on Monday.

Gonna do the fun thing and pay bills. Maybe save a bit for shopping though. DS and I are going to NY in June, and are going to need good walking shoes.