PDA

View Full Version : Help me organize my day.

trr3601
01-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Okay so we are going to disney on 3 seperate dates between now and September. I want to get as much in as possible on this first date, but we can always get stuff we didnt get on another date. Here is my MUST list.

WOC is showing at 8:15, I want to be at DCA at 9:30 to get a FP. DL opens at 9am on that date. It is a wednesday in february.

DCA must do:
Soarin'
Tower of Terror
Toy Story Mania
The roller coaster

DL
Indy
Space Mt.
Pirates
Haunted Mansion
Star Tours.

I also want to do as much in fantasyland as possible. Theres also more we'd like to do, but these are the most important for this trip. We will have a dinner reservation at Goofy's Kitchen. If this were you how would you organize this?

skiingfast
01-11-2012, 02:57 PM
:)

skiingfast
01-11-2012, 02:58 PM
Shouldn't be a problem if you use FastPass very well. You should use a runner. Are you familiar with how that works?

Change your dinner to a pre opening breakfast.

trr3601
01-11-2012, 03:02 PM
Is a runner someone from the group who runs to get fast passes? I should know this stuff by now, but I feel so out of the loop as its been 18mo since we've done anything disney (last trip was WDW).

Should we do all of the DCA stuff first, while we are over there?

princesszelda
01-11-2012, 03:10 PM
I would try and get as many fast passes during the day as well as ride the fantasyland rides. Then at night use your fastpasses.

ArchOwl
01-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Totally agree with skiingfast that you should switch your dinner ressie to breakfast if you really want to maximize time in the parks. Between dinner at Goofy's and lining up for WOC, your evening is virtually gone.

Also, there is no reason why you really must be at WOC FP distribution at 9:30am. On a slow day, there is no advantage to being there at 9:30 and it will actually hinder a good plan.

Be lined up at the security tables by 8:30am at the latest

9am-Walk with purpose to Peter Pan while one member of your party gets your tickets and goes to get a Star Tours FP for everyone.
Dumbo
Mr. Toad
Alice
Tea Party
Storybook Land Canal Boats
Runner goes to get Space Mountain FPs as soon as eligible. I am thinking about 9:50am.
Casey jr.
Snow White
Pinocchio
Carousel
(Leave out any you are not interested in and feel free to swap those not in bold)

Pirates
Haunted Mansion

Grab Indy FP

Now hop to DCA around 11am
Soarin' FPs (on your way to WOC FPs)
WOC FPs
Toy Story Midway Mania
Pick up Screamin' FPs

Lunch

Now use your FPs and pick up a TOT FP in whatever order is closest depending on where you had lunch.

Hop back to DL
Pick up a FP for whatever you are interested in
Use your ST, SM, and Indy FPs
Fill in with additional attractions with shorter waits, like Buzz, Autopia, or BTMRR

Eat dinner or snack as needed, be back in DCA by 6pm or so. Use TOT FP. Ride Little Mermaid, Monster's Inc, visit Animation Academy, etc.

WOC: for absolutely best vantage point, line up 90 minutes prior to show
For a good view, line up 60 minutes before

Enjoy WOC!

skiingfast
01-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Is a runner someone from the group who runs to get fast passes? I should know this stuff by now, but I feel so out of the loop as its been 18mo since we've done anything disney (last trip was WDW).

Should we do all of the DCA stuff first, while we are over there?

Yes that is how it works runner keeps all of the tickets and gets the FPs for the group.

After entering DL, the runner goes and gets a ST FP. Group goes to Peter Pan. They ride together on PP. Then runner leaves group gets an Indy FP, and goes to DCA. Gets the WoC Show Passes, Soaring FP. At 10 the rope drops and runner gets the California Screaming FP.

Later you can get an FP for ToT and Space. Keep in mind that you can get another FP when the small time on the bottom right indicates or two hours later if the return window doesn't open first.

With my order above, if you get the ST FP right away 9am, your next one will be about 9:35. So you go to Indy for a FP and then to DCA. In DCA FPs won't be affected by the DL FPs and vice versa. Also WoC Show Passes are FPs so they don't effect FP gathering.

trr3601
01-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Totally agree with skiingfast that you should switch your dinner ressie to breakfast if you really want to maximize time in the parks. Between dinner at Goofy's and lining up for WOC, your evening is virtually gone.

Also, there is no reason why you really must be at WOC FP distribution at 9:30am. On a slow day, there is no advantage to being there at 9:30 and it will actually hinder a good plan.

Be lined up at the security tables by 8:30am at the latest

9am-Walk with purpose to Peter Pan while one member of your party gets your tickets and goes to get a Star Tours FP for everyone.
Dumbo
Mr. Toad
Alice
Tea Party
Storybook Land Canal Boats
Runner goes to get Space Mountain FPs as soon as eligible. I am thinking about 9:50am.
Casey jr.
Snow White
Pinocchio
Carousel
(Leave out any you are not interested in and feel free to swap those not in bold)

Pirates
Haunted Mansion

Grab Indy FP

Now hop to DCA around 11am
Soarin' FPs (on your way to WOC FPs)
WOC FPs
Toy Story Midway Mania
Pick up Screamin' FPs

Lunch

Now use your FPs and pick up a TOT FP in whatever order is closest depending on where you had lunch.

Hop back to DL
Pick up a FP for whatever you are interested in
Use your ST, SM, and Indy FPs
Fill in with additional attractions with shorter waits, like Buzz, Autopia, or BTMRR

Eat dinner or snack as needed, be back in DCA by 6pm or so. Use TOT FP. Ride Little Mermaid, Monster's Inc, visit Animation Academy, etc.

WOC: for absolutely best vantage point, line up 90 minutes prior to show
For a good view, line up 60 minutes before

Enjoy WOC!

Thank you so much everyone for your help! That looks like a really good plan to me!

trr3601
01-11-2012, 03:40 PM
double post