PDA

View Full Version : When is the best time to go?

watkinsme
01-11-2012, 10:59 AM
We are looking at a possible DL trip in the future. When is the "best" time to go. Low crowds :) We have school age kids, but aren't worried about them missing school.

We've been to WDW several time (leaving in 24 days) but this is our first DL trip...and I understand it's a whole different "land" or World - :rotfl2:

HydroGuy
01-11-2012, 11:20 AM
We are looking at a possible DL trip in the future. When is the "best" time to go. Low crowds :) We have school age kids, but aren't worried about them missing school.

We've been to WDW several time (leaving in 24 days) but this is our first DL trip...and I understand it's a whole different "land" or World - :rotfl2:Just so you know...a common mistake WDW vets make at DLR is to shoot for low crowds assuming off-season works the same at DLR as WDW. It doesn't. Some find find out too late the downsides - and then come here to vent. :cool2:

You are doing the right thing by asking now before you are locked in to a date.:) Check out these threads and hopefully they will help you make the right choice for you:

"Choosing When To Visit DLR: Summary of High and Low Season and When Each Happens" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=36509602 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=36509602)

"What You Should Know About Off-Season at DLR" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=18462889 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=18462889)

Have a magical trip! :wizard:

watkinsme
01-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Ah - thanks - we will be getting 5 day ph tickets, and were thinking about near the end of sept first of Oct ....are those good times?

LizzyS
01-11-2012, 03:59 PM
Ah - thanks - we will be getting 5 day ph tickets, and were thinking about near the end of sept first of Oct ....are those good times?

We are thinking of doing a Sept trip this year, too.

skiingfast
01-11-2012, 04:04 PM

Yes, I like them. Great weather. A mix of low crowds, and long hours. Halloween party possible that could let you see the two best firework shows.