PDA

View Full Version : Deaf Entertainers Weekend at Disneyland

MrsPinup
01-10-2012, 10:13 PM
"See What I am Saying" - the documentary following Deaf entertainers - announced on their facebook page that a Deaf Entertainment weekend is coming to Disneyland March 16-18th. They will be screening the documentary, Hammer, and Switched at Birth with cast from all three shows. There will be live entertainment with Deaf entertainers the whole weekend in DTD.

Deaf Day is the weekend before on the 10th - I am not sure why they didn't do these the same weekend. Personally, I am a little bummed since I will have to miss this awesome weekend. The ASL 3 class that I teach has been planning for months for our field trip from Nor Cal to DL for Deaf Day, only to miss a bigger event. Bummer for us, but if you are Deaf, HOH, CODA, SODA, Terp or a signer and can make it - this will surely be an event to take in!:goodvibes

TigerlilyAJ
01-11-2012, 09:07 AM
This is awesome. Thanks for sharing.
It is weird that they didn't put the two together.

AJ

Brady's Mom
01-11-2012, 11:20 PM
The 10th will be our last day in the parks. It would be great to see some of the entertainment - but that's the next week, bummer...

I hope you have a fun trip with your class!

MrsPinup
01-22-2012, 11:09 PM
I know, such a bummer they are not combined! Thanks for the well wishing :)

MrsPinup
01-31-2012, 11:15 PM
I just received word yesterday that Deaf Day on the 10th will not be happening at Disneyland - DL was pretty tight lipped when I called even to the point of being rude and not transferring me to management when I asked :(

The good news - the Deaf entertainers weekend is still happening and I get to be there :cool1: