PDA

View Full Version : Bathroom Question

MissDisneyTeach
01-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Need some help remembering...it's been a few years:
At the Disneyland Hotel, is the sink in a different room than the shower and toilet? There will be three of us in a room, so we were trying to decide on the hotel that would be best for us trying to get ready in the morning.

Also, does anyone know what kind of hotel discounts you get with a DL AP?

Thanks for your help!
:)Teresa

skiingfast
01-10-2012, 10:15 PM
No it's all one bathroom.

With an AP the discounts vary depending on when. Sometimes several percent better sometimes the same as general discounts.

MissDisneyTeach
01-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Thanks!! :)

sonnyjane
01-10-2012, 10:19 PM
What discount you get depends on when you're travelling. It's a standard 10%, but it can vary up to about 30-35% off the rack rate.

As far as the bathrooms, I'm not sure, but someone else will chime in shortly! I looked at pictures on TripAdvisor and confusingly, it looks like they have two possible set-ups. :confused3

blackjackdelta
01-10-2012, 10:46 PM
Just got a pin for 35% off resort hotel rates.

Jack

YellowMickeyPonchos
01-11-2012, 05:08 PM
There is one door into most DLH bathrooms, however, once inside, there is another door that leads to the toilet. The shower is in the main room with the sink.

Rhonna
01-12-2012, 02:44 AM
We got "upgraded" to a suite 4 years ago at DLH. We would have gladly traded back down to a regular room because of the bathroom situation.

Our "suite" bathroom was SOOOO TINY. One sink with little counter space, toilet smack up against it and tub/shower smack up on other side of toilet. If someone was at the sink, no one could be on the toilet. If someone was at the sink OR on the toilet, the other person couldn't open the door without smacking a butt or knees. It was ridiculous.

A previous trip we had a regular DLH room but the bathroom had a long counter, two sinks, tub/shower at the end and a little toilet room too. Much better than the "suite". I think there are probably still different layouts in the hotel despite the remodel. That's very common in most hotels. I think the best would be to ask at check in.

pixiewings71
01-12-2012, 12:56 PM
PPH has a sink area that is separate from the toilet/shower/tub area.

sonnyjane
01-12-2012, 01:01 PM
PPH has a sink area that is separate from the toilet/shower/tub area.

So weird! The rooms must have different layouts depending on your category? I stayed in PPH in August - just a standard room, no theme park view or anything, and the sink, toilet, and shower were all in the same room.

pixiewings71
01-12-2012, 01:44 PM
That is weird, we had a theme park view room so maybe that's the difference but I remember specifically having the sink area separate because we were 2 adult couples sharing 1 room. We needed to be able to have sink/mirror access while the other one of us was showering.....

Virgoinab
01-12-2012, 01:46 PM
So weird! The rooms must have different layouts depending on your category? I stayed in PPH in August - just a standard room, no theme park view or anything, and the sink, toilet, and shower were all in the same room.

It does depend on which style of room you have in the DLH

We just got back from our wedding/family vacation over christmas and this is how the rooms looked.

We booked a 3 bedroom suite and where in the frontier tower. The main room with the "master" bedroom had dual sinks with a door that closed between the toilet and shower area, plus a door that closed from the sink area into the bedroom.

The second bedroom had the sink area, one sink, that had a seperate door for the toilet shower area. Plus a door that closed off the sink area to the bedroom.

The third bedroom again had the seperate sink and door between the toilet shower area, but no door to close off the sink to the bedroom, single sink again.

The fourth room we booked was a premium room, it had a small foyer plus dual sinks that again had a seperate door from the bedroom, plus a seperate door to the toilet shower area.

Different rooms, different bathroom set ups.

sonnyjane
01-12-2012, 01:47 PM
That is weird, we had a theme park view room so maybe that's the difference but I remember specifically having the sink area separate because we were 2 adult couples sharing 1 room. We needed to be able to have sink/mirror access while the other one of us was showering.....

BAH. Trying to post an image from TripAdvisor but can't. Basically yes, if you check there are pics of both PPH and DLH and if you look at images and then bathrooms specifically, you will see that there are multiple setups.

MissDisneyTeach
01-14-2012, 12:07 PM
Thanks everyone!

I looked at Tripadvisor and saw several different types.
I know when I stayed at DLH, there wasn't a door to the one sink/closet area, then there was a door with toilet and tub. We stayed at PP two times last year and had the bathroom with everything in one room type.

My friend just booked his room for June at GC! Yikes! The price on that made me almost pass out!!:sick: We are staying 6 nights! I'm used to WDW and Pop Century prices!! lol!! Or moderate resorts with my AP discount. So, I haven't booked yet, still trying to decide if we are going to take my niece with us.

I had thought about getting the AP for both parks. I go to WDW in 3 weeks, then to DL in June, then we usually go back to WDW in Oct. or Dec. Didn't know if the AP discount at DL would take that GC price down to where I could breathe normally or not!! :laughing:

Thanks for all your responses!! :flower3:

hootey
01-14-2012, 04:24 PM
I would request a room with seperate sink/shower facilities when making reservations. The disney hotel staff can be very accommodating while helping a guest have an enjoyable stay. We have made some unusual requests over the years and the DLH CMs have always come through like true proffesionals. Of course, the DLH CMs see thousands of people every week, there is probally not a lot of requests they have not heard.:cool1: