PDA

View Full Version : Pin trade themes?

ArvisoCa6
01-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Hello all! I am a Pin trader, not a EXPERT by any means. I do it for fun. I have sturggled with creating an actual THEME for my collection. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or suggestions. Some of the ideas I have toyed with are,

Favorite rides
favorite characters
favorite movies

the one I am currently thinking of is a variation of the Movies one. I was going to try and collect title logos or emblems from some of my favorite movies. I would LOVE to find a pin for Hercules that is the gold symbol that has a cloud and a lightening bolt.
Anyone ever seem anything like this?

***Sorry if this in the wrong section******:confused3

kstand
01-09-2012, 10:45 PM
Try pinpics.com for pictures of disney pins. http://pinpics.com/cgi-bin/group.cgi?group=651

I didn't really address your original question, but your post made me remember this site.

Cannot_Wait_4Disney
01-09-2012, 11:17 PM
I tried to make Mickey head shaped pins my theme. Then I realized how many of those there were.

mydisneymoney
01-10-2012, 10:35 AM
I collect Donald Duck pins with him only on the pin (no other characters). My DS6 collects whatever he likes, no theme for him and my DH collects patriotic pins (red, white and blue).

princesszelda
01-10-2012, 11:31 AM
I collect villian pins.

elaw
01-10-2012, 11:43 AM
I collect pins of ... the Parks i've been to, The resorts i've stayed at, special holiday pins where i'm at the park and my favorite ride/attraction (Toy Story Midway Mania)... but pretty much only my one favorite ride since its way too easy to get carried away. I will sometimes trade for castmember hidden mickey pins too, but rarely.

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j340/elaw1995/41a82996.jpg

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j340/elaw1995/42912daa.jpg

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j340/elaw1995/2e96dbb2.jpg

Pikezh638
01-10-2012, 11:47 AM
My girlfriend does Princesses, some Villains, Cast Member / College Program, and Limited edition pins.

I am a lot easier, I do Pirates, Sorcerer Mickey/Hats, and DVC/AP/D23 pins.

nanni
01-10-2012, 01:23 PM
I collect villains, primates and other random ones I happen to like, like anything from Pete's Dragon or many with food themes.

PHXscuba
01-10-2012, 03:09 PM
When I was at WDW a few months ago, I was doing holidays. DD12 was doing the "Cutie" type pins and DD9 was doing Chip/Dale and Tinkerbell.

PHXscuba

94bruin
01-10-2012, 04:20 PM
I collect pins of ... the Parks i've been to, The resorts i've stayed at, special holiday pins where i'm at the park and my favorite ride/attraction (Toy Story Midway Mania)... but pretty much only my one favorite ride since its way too easy to get carried away. I will sometimes trade for castmember hidden mickey pins too, but rarely.

That's a great collection! Do you actually find these pins through trades or do you buy them? DD pin trades, but she doesn't have any particular theme when she trades - just whatever catches her fancy. I usually don't see such nice pins on the CMs when she trades.

Disney Dreams
01-10-2012, 04:21 PM
character
color
movie
attraction
sets
holidays
character sets (i.e. Muppets)
Any other categorization that is special for you

HTH,
Dreams

-KT-
01-10-2012, 04:27 PM
My pin lanyard has a ridiculous amount of Ariel pins so I guess that is the main theme of it. It also had some cool pins of mickey and donald my mom got in the 70s. When I was at WDW in July I collected mostly ride pins.

elaw
01-10-2012, 04:39 PM
That's a great collection! Do you actually find these pins through trades or do you buy them? DD pin trades, but she doesn't have any particular theme when she trades - just whatever catches her fancy. I usually don't see such nice pins on the CMs when she trades.

Both trades (mostly on pin BB's) and purchase (at parks and sometimes e-bay). Sometimes the CM's have some really neat pins .... but it takes a lot of searching and effort at DL .... WDW is a LOT easier because just about every CM has a lanyard

Rlv
01-10-2012, 06:36 PM
I collect resorts I've stayed at, parks I have visited, favorite rides, holidays when i am there and I like to trade for princess pins with cast members :-)

pixiewings71
01-10-2012, 08:21 PM
I have 2 favorite rides I collect and a few favorite characters. I have tons of pins....and there are tons more to collect! LOL

JeriLee
01-10-2012, 09:33 PM
My girls have been collecting pins for a while but not me Until recently! This past Saturday, I saw both a Goofy and a Pluto wearing firefighter hats. My husband is a fireman, so Ive decide to collect firefighter pins! I quickly borrowed 2 traders from my daughter and my collection has begun! :firefight