PDA

View Full Version : If you were taking three 4 year olds to DL, what would be your "must do" activities?

RiderGirl
01-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Taking our four year old triplets in April and am now thinking I should start to book a few things but don't know where to start. What would your recommendations be?

ETA: Two girls and one boy

skiingfast
01-09-2012, 08:53 PM
Are you limited on time? Since they are 4yo can you try to avoid Spring Break?

Are they limited by height? You may be able to do almost everything.

becpee
01-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Goofy's Kitchen character breakfast, was the best character breakfast we went to :thumbsup2

RiderGirl
01-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Are you limited on time? Since they are 4yo can you try to avoid Spring Break?

Are they limited by height? You may be able to do almost everything.

We're booked for the end of April. They're probably limited by height for a few things likely as they're quite small. I was more thinking character meals, etc. Or are there other things that must be booked way in advance?

skiingfast
01-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Nothing needs to be booked way in advance. A week or two will be fine. You could do Bibbidi Bobbidy Boutique.
Character meals of course.
WoC meals in addition to any other meals.
Fatasmic Desert Packages.

If you aren't aware you can put three across on most rides with bench seats when you fit. BTMRR, HM, Autopia, Peter Pan........

DlandAmanda
01-10-2012, 11:56 AM
I'm guessing that this will be the first time they have been to Disneyland. In that case I would say maybe a character meal, but believe me it won't take much more to entertain/impress them. The magic is the park, rides, and characters which are all free and no reservations required. If there is more than one adult in your party I would say maybe one of you can wait and hold a good fireworks viewing spot, while the other entertains the kiddos. If you don't want to do this the Plaza Inn always seems to have good last minutes spots with chairs to sit in while you watch (also good for the exhausted children at 9:00 PM). My daughter is 4, she just loves being there. She loves Toon Town and meeting all the characters that she knows and loves. She loves dancing to the Main Street music, watching the bands, loves Soarin' Over California :love:, the monorail, the train, and the castle. Don't try and jam pack your schedule with stuff to do, I think the magic of the park itself will be more than enough!

Kids go crazy over those Mickey shaped suckers which are $6 for 5 or 6 I believe. You could try and surprise them with a plush/toy and those in the room (with some coordinating of one adult to distract while the other buys and sneaks around). Maybe a letter from Mickey welcoming them to Disneyland (great ideas over on the Creative DISigns boards for room decorating ideas http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105).

I say if money is no issue then go crazy:dance3:, a character breakfast every morning, Fantasmic! dessert package, Ariel's Grotto World of Color dining package, but all of these things are going to be more for the adults than the kids in the group. Kids are easy, enjoy being there and with one another!:grouphug:

Laurawill
01-10-2012, 12:17 PM
IMHO 4 is a great age for DLR! If you want to be doing somethings to get prepared you can decide now what character meals you want to do and if you want to do Fantasmic preferred seating like others have suggested, but realize you can't make reservations for any of these until you are 60 days out, and skiingfast is probably right that you could wait until even closer.

I always call to make reservations about 60 days out because I am so excited and it feels like the vacation is closer once I have that all done! princess:

As for things you can do right now, I would make sure your kids are familiar with a lot of the Disney movies they will be exposed to at DLR. Maybe show them Fantasia, Peter Pan, Mary Poppins, and Alice in Wonderland, etc. You could also expose them to the Star Wars movies, then they could see and possibly be chosen to be in the Jedi Training Academy, and you could consider making some kind of a special sign or shirt to get them more likely to be chosen. Go for some family walks to build their endurance. I am sure you will want to bring a stroller (or 2) but there is still a lot of walking and standing in lines where they can't be in the stroller.

Have fun it will be absolutely magical!

RiderGirl
01-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Thanks so much everyone! These are some fantastic suggestions!