PDA

View Full Version : Which one?

pookie10
01-09-2012, 05:07 PM
We are doing four character meals on our trip.
WE know we want to do Ariels Grotto Lunch & Goofys dinner

Which two breakfast buffets would you reccomend??
Storytellers(critter breakfast)?? PCH(surfs up breakfast)P??? or Plaza inn (minnie and friends)

skiingfast
01-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Plaza Inn, it has the best characters and it's inside DL. If you don't have MM access it can get you in the park early.

Storytellers is nice that you can dine from the buffet or order off the menu.

larina
01-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Until our last trip, our favorite breakfast buffet was Surf's Up Mickey at PPH (I am a big Mickey fan!!!, that's how our Disney thing got started), but I must say, in December we really enjoyed Minnie's for the character experience and Storyteller's for the food and the overall ambiance. We loved the Critters! We also liked the choice of buffet or menu (half our party did buffet, half ordered off the menu).

elaw
01-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Story tellers is great .... but I'd pick Goofy's Kitchen (Disneyland Hotel) over PCH(surfs up breakfast).

Sherry E
01-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Okay, so you're definitely doing both Ariel's and Goofy's, correct? It's the other 3 meals that you are trying to decide on for your 2 breakfasts?

To be honest, I am not a big Storytellers/Critter Breakfast fan but there are lots of people who are fans of it on the DIS, so I would say that, chances are, you'd probably like it too as long as you like the character selection (Koda, Kenai, Terk, Chip and Dale, and other woodsy/jungly guest stars who come and go).

The buffet at the Critter Breakfast is small (compared to the one you will find when you eat at Goofy's Kitchen), but I find the buffet to be a better deal than ordering one of the expensive dishes off of the menu. The buffet is generally just a few bucks more than the menu items so it made more sense to me to just do the buffet!

Minnie & Friends will have the most characters - anywhere from 8 to 14 characters on site at a given time. Pooh, Eeyore and Tigger can be found here, among many others. The food has gotten mixed reviews, but that is pretty much the case with any restaurant at DLR.

Surf's Up with Mickey is the only meal where you will find Mickey, and sometimes Daisy Duck as well. People seem to speak very highly of both the food quality and the character interaction at Surf's Up - even though I have not tried it yet, I think it must be a hidden gem because many people don't want to make the trip over to the Paradise Pier Hotel to eat there...so it probably gets overlooked a lot of the time. I have peeked in on Surf's Up a few times and it always looked to be pretty uncrowded - which probably lends itself to better character interaction!

pookie10
01-09-2012, 05:38 PM
I AM A HUGE MICKEY FAN. I must say this trip is for me, not the kids LOL :) So surfs up sounds like a good choice :) We are staying at DLH. I am leaning toward the minnie breakfast over the storytellers cafe critter breakfast...

Anyone have experience with the goofys kitchen character dinner??

Sherry E
01-09-2012, 05:45 PM
I AM A HUGE MICKEY FAN. I must say this trip is for me, not the kids LOL :) So surfs up sounds like a good choice :) We are staying at DLH. I am leaning toward the minnie breakfast over the storytellers cafe critter breakfast...

Anyone have experience with the goofys kitchen character dinner??

I just did the character dinner last month. I am so accustomed to doing the Goofy's breakfast that I wasn't sure how I would like the dinner - and as much as I love Goofy's Kitchen I would be honest and tell everyone if I didn't like the dinner.

It was good! The food was yummy - at least our table of 8 people all seemed to be satisfied with it. The roast chicken was delicious. The pot roast and roast pork were good. The mashed potatoes were pretty decent. The buffet is quite large, so you will have no shortage of choices.

The character interaction was wonderful. The 4-year-old in our group could not have been more excited and smitten by all of the characters (two of which included Belle and Cinderella). They spent a good amount of time, and a few of them came back for 2nd visits.

I think Surf's Up will be a great choice for you - Mickey wears his little lifeguard outfit and the other characters are in surf-ish attire. Stitch can also be found there!

princesszelda
01-09-2012, 05:56 PM
I like the food better at story tellers but the character experience is better at Minnies.

pixiewings71
01-09-2012, 06:05 PM
Minnie & Friends for sure!! We had the BEST time of any character we've done at M&Fs! It was great, we saw loads of characters and they came back time and again to mess with us. lol

I haven't done the Storyteller's breakfast or Surf's Up! We did the PCH breakfast when it was Lilo & Stitch and that was fun too. If I was choosing between these two I'd go with Surf's Up! for Mickey. :)

SoundGuy
01-09-2012, 07:30 PM
Another Vote for Minnie & Friends here. We saw Minnie(Of Course) Tigger, Eeyore, Capt. Hook, The Fairy Godmother, Chip and Dale, Max and a couple others I can't recall. Every one of them spent ample time at our table.