PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Eating

KittyKat1978
01-09-2012, 10:51 AM
I am used to WDW and eating inside. This is my first time to DL since I was 7, and I am going in February.

I was wondering if it's really cold outside, do they put out heat lamps to keep the areas warm? And if so, what temp is considered really cold?

Thanks

3Minnies1Mickey
01-09-2012, 11:03 AM
Many locations have indoor seating too. The weather wasn't a problem when we went in December (even eating breakfast outside). The only concern I'd have is possible rain, but I think most places have indoor seating or covered outdoor.

pixiewings71
01-09-2012, 05:16 PM
They will close certain restaurants if it's raining because the seating is outside and not well drained or covered. Cafe Orleans and Carnation Cafe come to mind, other places will be opened because they have indoor seating. I don't know if I've ever noticed Tomorrowland Terrace closing but the seating there isn't "covered", it's simply covered with umbrellas. You'll be ok tho, even with the few that close (or have limited operations) there will be plenty that are open and you've got all the DTD restaurants as well.

skiingfast
01-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Many locations have indoor seating too.

They will close certain restaurants if it's raining because the seating is outside and not well drained or covered.

^^^ Both good points. A few places have heating units outside but many don't. If you are comfortable depends on a couple things. What you are comfortable with, and what the weather is.

Weather Averages. (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=23004158)