PDA

View Full Version : Do you think there will be any other ticket specials coming up?

alohamom
01-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Hi everyone-still palnning my DLR getaway and I am hoping some of you Disneyland veterans can help me out here. I see that you can buy online the 3 day adult hopper for 199. Then I see the SoCal resident 2 day/1 park price of 99 and I am hoping Disney might come out with a special for us non-SoCal folks, like the pay the child price of last year. Is there traditionally a "special" that comes around yearly? Any insight(or speculation) into this is greatly appreciated, tia...

3Minnies1Mickey
01-09-2012, 10:24 AM
I doubt it. I can't remember a time where they've had more than one ticket special. Free park hopping is likely as good as it gets this year.

alohamom
01-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Ah, ok, I see now, the "hopping" is the special! I cannot believe I forgot that is extra, lol!!! Thanks, I think you are correct...

3Minnies1Mickey
01-09-2012, 10:34 AM
Ah, ok, I see now, the "hopping" is the special! I cannot believe I forgot that is extra, lol!!! Thanks, I think you are correct...

Yep. With all the mess in DCA I guess they felt the need to encourage everyone to hop this spring. The special is right up until the end of May when Carsland has the potential of opening. ;)

cari12
01-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Is "hopping" really an extra anymore or are they just wording it hthat way to make you think you are getting something special? We went in 2009 and used parkhoppers with a special "everyone pays kids price" so they are not new just because of Carsland.

skiingfast
01-09-2012, 05:00 PM
Is "hopping" really an extra anymore or are they just wording it hthat way to make you think you are getting something special? We went in 2009 and used parkhoppers with a special "everyone pays kids price" so they are not new just because of Carsland.

They are wording it as "3 days in both parks for $199", but the discount is the difference between hoppers and 1 park per day.