PDA

View Full Version : LGB to Paradise Pier

brookelizabeth
01-09-2012, 09:27 AM
Our flight lands in Long Beach at 4:45 PM on Wednesday, we are renting a car from Alamo and headed for the Paradise Pier.

Should we avoid the highways and just take the local road - Wardlow that turns into Ball to go straight to the resort? Or will it not matter that much?

Thank you in advance, the driving portions of our trip have me a tad nervous! :goodvibes

jdb in AZ
01-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Our flight lands in Long Beach at 4:45 PM on Wednesday, we are renting a car from Alamo and headed for the Paradise Pier.

Should we avoid the highways and just take the local road - Wardlow that turns into Ball to go straight to the resort? Or will it not matter that much?

Thank you in advance, the driving portions of our trip have me a tad nervous! :goodvibes

After you get the rental car, you could find a restaurant and enjoy a leisurely dinner, which would help you avoid most of rush hour.

jlmarr
01-09-2012, 03:45 PM
I'd definitely recommend avoiding the freeway at that time of day. Take either Wardlow/Ball Road or Willow/Katella, which is more of a high volume street, and from which you can see PPH when you get to the DLR area. If you do choose to stop for dinner I'd highly recommend the Original Fish Company on Katella and Los Alamitos Blvd (southwest corner): http://g.co/maps/kjmr2

brookelizabeth
01-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Thank you to you both! We will likely stop for dinner, but we shall see how the toddler is doing first if it be drive-thru or a sit-down. I will take down the suggestion! :thumbsup2

jlmarr
01-10-2012, 12:04 AM
Ah, a toddler. That's a different kettle of fish. ;) The Original Fish Company (http://www.originalfishcompany.com) is a nicer restaurant so you might want to save it for just the two of you. :fish:

geekypeach
01-11-2012, 12:20 AM
I third the surface road suggestion. Take it easy, it's not a bad trip at all. :)