PDA

View Full Version : Best Western Park Place Inn and Mini Suites

abbie13_15
01-08-2012, 01:09 PM
We are looking into the Best Western Park Place Inn and Mini Suites. Has anyone stayed here recently? Last year we stayed at Fairfield and was happy with that, but this hotel is right across the street and only $15 total more for our week stay. What are your thoughts???

spacemermaid
01-08-2012, 01:28 PM
I stayed there for a week in December & was very happy with it :thumbsup2 The room I had was clean & comfortable, with a fridge, microwave & a view of DCA (I could see Mickey's Vomit Wheel uh I mean Mickey's Fun Wheel :rotfl: out the window) & I LOVED not having to take a shuttle. My room was at the front of the hotel, so it was under 5 minutes from room to Park turnstiles. I also liked that breakfast was included; that saved some time & money.

larryt
01-08-2012, 03:44 PM
We stayed there 3 years ago and will be staying there again this March. It's nothing fancy, but it's worth it alone for the convenience to DL. The hotel located right at the crosswalk/entrance to DL and like the previous poster said, it takes 5 minutes before you're in the park. I also like how we can sleep 6 to a room if you use the sofa bed in the suites. The microwave and fridge are also a plus, as we just load up on groceries to cut back the costs instead of eating out so much.

The breakfast isn't fantastic and it's also located at Captain Kidd's, which is next door to the property. Note that you cannot take strollers to the breakfast because it is upstairs and there are no elevators to get up there. I have heard, though, that they are planning to update the breakfast this year to have more variety and not be so "carb" heavy.

I haven't stayed at the other hotel you mentioned but I would recommend BWPPI!

Butterfly123
01-08-2012, 04:23 PM
We stayed there last June. It was clean, quiet, and very close to the parks. It is your average Best Western...nothing fancy, but no complaints either. The beds were comfortable, too. We are trying Park Vue this year, but would stay at BWPPI again.

Dizzy4DL
01-08-2012, 05:11 PM
We'll be staying there for the third time next month. The location is fantastic. :thumbsup2 It is a quiet hotel, but ask for a room away from the pool (ie: not overlooking it), those rooms are so noisy in the evening.

By the third morning of eating that breakfast we are all groaning. :lmao: But it saves money.

lauritagoddess
01-08-2012, 05:15 PM
We've stayed there twice. The convenience of being right across the street from DL is fabulous. Like the others said, it's not too fancy, but it's clean and decent. And the breakfast at Captain Kidd's is a nice bonus (it's the breakfast up the stairs, not the one on the first floor). I would definitely recommend staying there.