PDA

View Full Version : May ride or show closures?

Sjwillia
01-08-2012, 12:15 PM
I have a trip scheduled for early May and understand it is off season and there are sure to be refurbishments scheduled. I see that the Matterhorn will be one. GRR is down now, anyone know when it is planned to be re-opened? Are there other rides or shows scheduled to be or rumored to be down the first 2 weeks of May? I am already trying to put together my tour plan, so appreciate any information you can share.

3Minnies1Mickey
01-08-2012, 01:10 PM
Mouse Planet has the best list for refrubs. This is their weekly update from this week, so keep checking on Mondays as you get closer to your trip.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/9846/Disneyland_Resort_Update#Rehabs

skiingfast
01-08-2012, 07:20 PM
GRR is down now, anyone know when it is planned to be re-opened? Are there other rides or shows scheduled to be or rumored to be down the first 2 weeks of May?

You should wait until April to make your touring plan.

GRR is planned to be open at the beginning of March.

May is sure to have ride closures and some major rides closed.

Sjwillia
01-08-2012, 08:02 PM
I love taking grandkids to Disneyland and save and plan for a whole year. But, Skiingfast, you are right, I just need to be patient and wait for April. Until then I will keep checking the web-site from 3Minnies1Minnie. Thank you.

Mommy2PrincessAbby
01-08-2012, 08:28 PM
We've been twice in May, and you may luck out with not much closed. We usually only had to deal with 2 rides down (Casey Jr seems to be down often when we go in May.)

lozzypop
01-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Fantasmic has been in refurb in May in the past (at least four of the years that we have been in April/May) but you may be OK for F! as the refurb seems to be earlier this year.