PDA

View Full Version : Transportation from Convention Hotels to Disneyland

SherriA1
01-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Hello,

I am considering going to a convention at the Anaheim Convention Center and staying at either the Hilton Anaheim or the Anaheim Marriott. Are these two hotels within walking distance of the entrance to Disneyland / California Adventure?

I was at Disneyland two years ago, but stayed at the Grand Californian, so I am unfamiliar with how far other hotels are. If the convention center hotels are not within walking distance, what are my transportation options to the parks?

Thanks,
Amanda

OKW Lover
01-08-2012, 01:23 PM
Yes, you can walk to DL from these hotels. Its a bit of a walk but certainly doable. I believe these hotels also off a shuttle service so you may want to check into that.

mvf-m11c
01-08-2012, 01:34 PM
The two hotels are walkable distance, but they will take at least 20-30 minutes to walk on foot. This applies both ways of going up towards Harbor Blvd on the east side of the DLR or Disneyland Drive towards the DLR hotel area.

If you don't want to walk, one of the transportation to get to the DLR is the ART (Anaheim Resort Transit) bus system. You have to pay to use the ART to get from the hotel to the park and back. Here is the website about the Anaheim Resort Transit (http://www.rideart.org/)

BELLEDOZER
01-08-2012, 03:05 PM
The Hilton Anaheim is a 15 min walk to the parks, 30+ when you've spent the entire day at the parks and are dead tired. We stayed there for 4 days in Sept, and found the walk doable. The 7-11 on the corner of Katella and S Harbor blvd is a cheap place to get snacks and water. The Mix restaurant is pricey at the Hilton Anaheim, but the food is outstanding, and if you can afford it, it's worth trying. Their pools look really nice, but it was such a short trip we concentrated on time in the parks and not in the pool. I would recommend the Hilton Anaheim to anyone as it's a nice hotel.

SherriA1
01-08-2012, 03:49 PM
Thanks for all the info!!