PDA

View Full Version : Which Offsite Hotel for DLR?

WDWRocksMySocks
01-08-2012, 12:36 PM
We're planning a quick trip to DLR in March (3/7-10). A lot of places are full, but here's what's available:

Park Vue
Howard Johnson Plaza
Crown Plaza

I don't know why, but I'm having such an issue trying to decide which one to stay at. The other factor...should I just risk it on Priceline and bid on a 4 star (Hyatt Regency was recently booked for a decent rate)?

This is our first trip to DLR and I'm trying to book a place for $150 or less. Any help is VERY MUCH appreciated!! :goodvibes

Casey's Mommie
01-08-2012, 12:54 PM
I've stayed at both Park Vue, Howard Johnson and Hyatt Regency. I would pick the convenience of staying within walking to the parks over the 4 stars of Hyatt anyday.

Dealing with transportation to/from the parks is a huge pain. Even if you drive in, you still have a tram to take from the parking lot.

Park Vue is nice because they have a breakfast and an evening snack. Hojo is nice because they have the pirate pool area. I don't think you can go wrong with those two choices.

WDWRocksMySocks
01-08-2012, 01:05 PM
Thanks! I'm leaning more towards Park Vue b/c of the breakfast and it looks like the closest option to DLR. Is the walk to DLR pretty easy? My grandma may come with us and she has mobility issues.

Casey's Mommie
01-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Park Vue is the closest offsite hotel, right at the crosswalk. The walk from there is a lot easier than Hojo. You are going to have so much fun! :yay:

WDWRocksMySocks
01-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Thank you!! I'm really excited, although sad the Matterhorn will be closed while we are there. :-(

KCmike
01-08-2012, 03:51 PM
Hojo or Fairfield Inn are the two best on Harbor Blvd.
Hojo has the better pool situation. FFI is closer and has a McDonalds right in front of it and a pizza hut express inside.

duckwife
01-08-2012, 07:09 PM
We have stayed at the Park Vue several times and have always had a good experience. Every time I am starting to plan, I think maybe we should try HoJo's but then I remember how much closer Park Vue is and that sways me. The fact that they have free breakfast and a light afternoon meal is another bonus as well as free parking and WiFi.
At the end of a long Disney day, being able to see my room from the crosswalk is so sweet!!!:woohoo:

starshine514
01-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Thanks! I'm leaning more towards Park Vue b/c of the breakfast and it looks like the closest option to DLR. Is the walk to DLR pretty easy? My grandma may come with us and she has mobility issues.

We stay at Desert Inn & Suites (right next to Park Vue) everytime that my parents go with us for this very reason. I would think twice (or three or four times) about staying at Hojo with them along.

Park Vue will be your best location walk-wise.

ArdyG
01-12-2012, 03:14 PM
We've just finished staying at Park Vue Inn and location wise, it's great. We had stayed at Hojos last time and although we enjoyed it, after a long day, the walk back seemed so far compared to Park Vue Inn. We really appreciated seeing our hotel just across the road when we were at the lights.

It is an older hotel and it shows but the breakfast and light meal in the evening, location, the pool (though small, the kids enjoyed it), the friendly staff and the size of our room (though we had a family room) made it an excellent choice.

If your grandma does go with you, there are no elevators (it's only two-storied) so make sure you ask for groundfloor if you choose Park Vue Inn.

courtneydisney
01-19-2012, 12:37 AM
I'm a fan of Priceline - I've used them for my last 4 trips down there, and haven't gone wrong yet. I got the Ramada for $35 a night for the Disney 24!