PDA

View Full Version : Egg-free or Vegan cake availability?

94bruin
01-08-2012, 10:28 AM
I was looking through the cake thread and saw that someone once ordered an egg-free cake through Disney. It was a a few years ago. I'm wondering if anyone has ordered one recently. If it's still available. How was it?

Considering getting a cake for DD2's birthday; however, DD1 has and egg-white allergy, so it limits our choices. We could just do a single cake for DD2, but if I could get a bigger vegan/egg-free cake, I know DD2 would love to have cake, and I wouldn't mind eat cake, too!

disneychrista
01-08-2012, 10:43 AM
I don't have a definite answer for you but they are very accomidating. Since the Cakes are special order, I am sure they could make you a vegan or egg free cake. Give them a call. I am sure they are used to the request.

lilpooh108
01-08-2012, 11:10 AM
I was looking through the cake thread and saw that someone once ordered an egg-free cake through Disney. It was a a few years ago. I'm wondering if anyone has ordered one recently. If it's still available. How was it?

Considering getting a cake for DD2's birthday; however, DD1 has and egg-white allergy, so it limits our choices. We could just do a single cake for DD2, but if I could get a bigger vegan/egg-free cake, I know DD2 would love to have cake, and I wouldn't mind eat cake, too!

I don't know the answer to your question about DLR cakes, but we sometimes get the Vegan Red Velvet cake from Sprinkles Cupcake in Newport Beach (kinda far, I know) for DD who has an egg/dairy/nut allergy. They use coconut cream for the mix and the frosting is coconut cream too (yes I know the FDA this year now considers coconut a nut but its fine for us). No eggs at all in it. And its really moist and delicious. I actually prefer it over regular red velvet myself b/c it's less sweet. Maybe you can order a few of those and do a cupcake tier.

If you search on Yelp.com and you'll see some pictures of it.

94bruin
01-08-2012, 11:23 AM
I don't know the answer to your question about DLR cakes, but we sometimes get the Vegan Red Velvet cake from Sprinkles Cupcake in Newport Beach (kinda far, I know) for DD who has an egg/dairy/nut allergy. They use coconut cream for the mix and the frosting is coconut cream too (yes I know the FDA this year now considers coconut a nut but its fine for us). No eggs at all in it. And its really moist and delicious. I actually prefer it over regular red velvet myself b/c it's less sweet. Maybe you can order a few of those and do a cupcake tier..

Mmm, sounds delicious. We'll have to stop by our local Sprinkles next time to try it out.

Unfortunately, your idea won't work because I'd like to order a cake for our lunch at Ariel's. Too bad there isn't a Sprinkles in DTD. Newport is definitely too far.