PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Paradise Pier

RuthieT
01-07-2012, 09:18 PM
How are the beds? How are the rooms? Do they offer the breakfast still in the mornings? How far of a walk is it to the monorails in Downtown Disney? Any pictures you can sure...
Thank you!!:thumbsup2

sonnyjane
01-07-2012, 09:26 PM
The rooms are bright and cheery - beds are comfy as well.

When you say "do they still offer the breakfast", are you talking about the Character breakfast? I did it in August - Surf's Up breakfast. It's the only character breakfast anywhere in the parks that has Mickey. I just went because I wanted a breakfast buffet. It would be considerably cooler if I had kids lol. Food wasn't that impressive, but was adequate and a lot of variety.

Don't walk to the monorail to get to the parks. First of all the monorail doesn't always run when the parks open due to some construction. Also, even if there is no construction, the monorail doesn't START running until the official park opening, whereas if you walk to the main gates, they will let you in to Main Street up to 30 minutes earlier to mill about before rope drop. You'll be behind the curve if you take the monorail. Also, coming from PPH, the monorail is actually out of your way (wrong direction). If going to do Disneyland, cut through the lobby of the Grand Californian and walk through DTD. It's easy as cake. If you're going to California Adventure, use the guest entrance through GCH, available to all on-site guests.

Go to tripadvisor for tons of pictures.

Judy from Boise
01-07-2012, 09:33 PM
Got back today from a 3 night stay. The beds are very comfortable with nice linens, but room quality it is not much different from a Hampton, and a step dow from an Embassy Suites. However the park view is great, and the location the big seller for us. I was very impressed with room service. Speedy, nicely priced, and tasty.

Sonny Jane is exactly right on the walking directions.

sonnyjane
01-07-2012, 09:37 PM
I was very impressed with room service. Speedy, nicely priced, and tasty.

Sonny Jane is exactly right on the walking directions.

We got room service when I was there as well...for breakfast! My sister got the croissant breakfast sandwich and I got the breakfast burrito. Both were REALLY yummy, not to mention huge! Obviously they were expensive but I like to splurge on room service at least once every time I stay in a major hotel.

pixiewings71
01-08-2012, 12:26 AM
The rooms were nice, big enough for 4 adults. The beds were comfy. Breakfast can be ordered from room service or you can go to the restaurant for the character breakfast, we didn't do either one, we went to DL for breakfast when we stayed at the PPH. Walk as sonnyjane said, don't ride the monorail, it takes longer. We just walked in every day, it was great.

ETA we did have a park view room and I honestly felt that made all the difference. If we'd been in a standard room it wouldn't have been as neat.

Eeee-va
01-08-2012, 12:26 AM
The walk from the parks to the Paradise Pier hotel was outstanding! Short and very pleasant. Going from DCA to the Paradise Pier in particular is a wonderful walk.

I didn't personally find anything else to really love about the Paradise Pier hotel. I'm cheap, so I expected that since we were paying twice as much to stay there as we did at the Red Lion (that same trip), that the service and rooms would be substantially nicer than the Red Lion's. The service we got wasn't quite as good as the Red Lion's and the rooms weren't much nicer. In our case, we pretty much paid for location and the Disney branding. It was not a BAD hotel by any means, but given the price, it didn't meet my expectations. My mom agreed that it wasn't that much nicer, and she really likes nice hotels.

I think if we would have splurged for park view rooms, that would've made it worth it. (I ADORE Paradise Pier in DCA.) So if you can afford it I'd definitely suggest you go for park view. Without a park view, I don't think I'd stay there again (barring an unheard-of low rate, like $120/night). And I don't know if I'll ever spend the money to get a park view either...if only I had more money... :rotfl:

Judy from Boise
01-08-2012, 12:32 PM
That is the dilema........the view makes the room, but hikes the rate so past the quality of the room......so it all comes down to the rate, and how much you don't like Harbor blvd! Also how much the pool slide and room service, and EE every day are worth it to you.