PDA

View Full Version : Booking trip package together or separtate?

RuthieT
01-07-2012, 06:55 PM
What is the best going deal for hotel and flight?? We are thinking of staying at a Disney onsite hotel

sonnyjane
01-07-2012, 07:06 PM
You should know that it is almost ALWAYS more expensive to book a package through Disney than it is to get your items "a la carte". If you want to stay at a Disney hotel (or a Good Neighbor hotel), you should book a room-only reservation, then buy your tickets online (either directly from Disneyland.com or another reputable company) for a discount. Expedia sometimes offers discounts if you book a flight and hotel together, and they do have the on-sites on Expedia, but I'm not sure how much of a discount it would be, as I always drive to Disneyland so I've never looked into flights.

CandMmommy
01-07-2012, 09:25 PM
We are flying in march, renting a. Car and staying at Hojo. Expedia was about 300 cheaper than doing them separate. I didn't purchase the tickets to DL there though

cari12
01-07-2012, 10:15 PM
When we went in Oct 2009, I priced out Hotel/ tix package and then Hotel and tickets separately on the Disney website, and the package was $120 more than separately. I emailed them to ask what the extra is for and got no response. I was not impressed.:confused3
I ended up purchasing hotel and tickets on Expedia and they did not add $120 to buy them together! Needless to say for our trip this year, I will be booking separately and probably through expedia.

Echie
01-07-2012, 10:39 PM
You should know that it is almost ALWAYS more expensive to book a package through Disney than it is to get your items "a la carte". If you want to stay at a Disney hotel (or a Good Neighbor hotel), you should book a room-only reservation, then buy your tickets online (either directly from Disneyland.com or another reputable company) for a discount. Expedia sometimes offers discounts if you book a flight and hotel together, and they do have the on-sites on Expedia, but I'm not sure how much of a discount it would be, as I always drive to Disneyland so I've never looked into flights.

Yes!! That's what we did this time around, booked separately!

In the past we've found a better package deal going through Expedia with flight/hotel, but not this time around, it was cheaper for us to book a disneyland resort hotel room through the disney website and book our flight directly from the airline's website!