PDA

View Full Version : Pass thing I kept seeing today...

ter-moo
01-07-2012, 12:35 AM
Sorry if this has been covered here before: My daughter and I headed over to the parks before I drop her at college in Irvine, and we kept seeing people with these 3 x 5 sized passes getting onto EVERY ride (not just Fastpass rides) by going through the exit and to the front of the line. Sometimes they just SHOWED them to the CM, and sometimes the CM was collecting them. They weren't the little free fastpasses you get from the Disney hotels--at least not the same kind we got earlier this year that just looked like regular Fastpasses.

I kept saying to my daughter, "I consider myself to be pretty smart about Disneyland, but this is new to me!" What were these? How does one get them? Why hasn't this been all over the boards???? :confused3

sonnyjane
01-07-2012, 12:40 AM
I'm almost positive you're talking about a Guest Assistance Card which is intended to assist guests with disabilities, both seen and unseen.

ter-moo
01-07-2012, 12:48 AM
Nope--none of these seemed to be GAC's. In fact, I saw one really large group with these cards talking to another guy (who was in the regular line at Alice in Wonderland with us) about the cost and whether it was worth it. And in every case, the person just waltzed to the front of the line with the card. :confused3

sonnyjane
01-07-2012, 12:50 AM
What color were they?

ter-moo
01-07-2012, 12:52 AM
They were big index cards (not small driver's license sized ones) and I think they were either light green or yellow.

LisainCalifornia
01-07-2012, 12:52 AM
If it was a beige card (about 4 inches by 5 inches) and they were using it at the exit line--then it was a Guest Assistance Card. They may have been talking about something else as far as the "cost" (talking about getting an annual pass rather than a park hopper). There is no other card that you can purchase like you are describing.

Malcon10t
01-07-2012, 12:55 AM
GACs are tan with a blue border about a 4x6, and CMs look at them. There are also child swap passes that are colors, and CMs collect them.

LisainCalifornia
01-07-2012, 12:55 AM
Sorry, I just read your follow up. If they were yellow or green--I don't know what they were.

There are extra fast passes that are yellowish that we got for staying at a Disneyland Resort Hotel--maybe it was that? They gave us them when we checked in--there were 3 for each person in our party.

sonnyjane
01-07-2012, 12:56 AM
If it was a beige card (about 4 inches by 5 inches) and they were using it at the exit line--then it was a Guest Assistance Card. They may have been talking about something else as far as the "cost" (talking about getting an annual pass rather than a park hopper). There is no other card that you can purchase like you are describing.

Yup. Did it look like this? http://www.idiotbrain.com/wp-content/2224124-disneyland-anaheim.jpg

Malcon10t
01-07-2012, 12:57 AM
I've had a green rider swap card before and a yellow one. Also, they used to give out yellow "FPs" that were good for any ride for specific instances.

skiingfast
01-07-2012, 01:00 AM
There are also child swap passes that are colors, and CMs collect them.

Sounds like them.

ter-moo
01-07-2012, 01:07 AM
They weren't like the GAC passes in the above picture. I thought about the child swap passes, but that group on Alice in Wonderland puzzled me. They had all ages with them (I think there were 8 of them altogether), and there would be no reason to do a child swap on that ride. :confused3

Maybe I'm just losing it... :lmao:

iKristin
01-07-2012, 01:16 AM
I've had a yellow, a lime green and an orangish-red colored single rider pass :)

iKristin
01-07-2012, 01:19 AM
here's one of them

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/308033_2228687209343_1612730378_2222133_711680492_ n.jpg

larina
01-07-2012, 05:50 AM
We had yellow and green Single Rider passes around Christmas time.

KaitlynandTaylorsMom
01-07-2012, 08:49 AM
I saw people with these passess too when we were there at Christmas time and was wondering what they were. They are definately not any of those passes pictured above. It was really starting to irritate me too because we would stand in line forever and then large groups of giggly teenagers would waltz up through the exit and hop on the ride. At Mr. Toad we had to wait for 10 cars to go to them when we were at the front of the line. :confused3

lcasa
01-07-2012, 03:34 PM
My son has a disabled friend ( not really visible ) that has a card that looks different from any of these - and gets him and up to 5 others to the front of the line. I think it was tan and about 4x6. It has his name on it. He has an AP and keeps the pass - think it's good for 1 year but not sure.

Maybe 6 is TOO many to let in though.

Tommy_B
01-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Sorry if this has been covered here before: My daughter and I headed over to the parks before I drop her at college in Irvine, and we kept seeing people with these 3 x 5 sized passes getting onto EVERY ride (not just Fastpass rides) by going through the exit and to the front of the line. Sometimes they just SHOWED them to the CM, and sometimes the CM was collecting them. They weren't the little free fastpasses you get from the Disney hotels--at least not the same kind we got earlier this year that just looked like regular Fastpasses.

I kept saying to my daughter, "I consider myself to be pretty smart about Disneyland, but this is new to me!" What were these? How does one get them? Why hasn't this been all over the boards???? :confused3

Did it have a picture o Benjamin Franklin on it??

jenpace
01-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Did it have a picture o Benjamin Franklin on it??

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

queen mimi
01-07-2012, 04:03 PM
[QUOTE=Tommy_B;43660266]Did it have a picture o Benjamin Franklin on it??[/QUOTE

That'll work!:rotfl:

ORMom2Four
01-07-2012, 10:24 PM
I wonder if they were there on a Wish trip?

PatMcDuck
01-07-2012, 11:04 PM
I have been on a Wish trip to DL with DD, and we got a regular GAC with various stamps, one of which indicates that we were Wish Trippers. I can't remember the color, but I probably have it stuck in a file somewhere. ;) I think the WDW ones were white and red, we usually go to WDW.

I have felt the same sort of confusion when I would see people with large decks of FP return slips. I would observe them shuffling thru for the ones they wanted, and I always wanted to ask, "hey, what the heck? Where did you GET all of those??" And no, they were not with a large tour group or something.

Sillysox
01-07-2012, 11:39 PM
I have felt the same sort of confusion when I would see people with large decks of FP return slips. I would observe them shuffling thru for the ones they wanted, and I always wanted to ask, "hey, what the heck? Where did you GET all of those??" And no, they were not with a large tour group or something.

When our family group of 12 went to Disneyland last, we would have been one of those groups with big wads of fastpasses, :rotfl:. All morning, as soon as the time came that we could we could get more fastpasses, I would collect everybody's tickets and send a runner for fastpasses for the group. We weren't even that efficient but by the late afternoon we had fastpasses for 5 or 6 rides..but for the group of us, you can imagine that would have been quite a wad LOL. It's a bit of running around but it's nice to have those for later in the day when lines are longer though...

btw: You can get fastpasses for Soarin before rope drop even happens at CA, which means the time you can get more fastpasses usually comes up quite quickly. :thumbsup2

Rynosaur
01-08-2012, 12:14 AM
they may have been the No Strings Attached pass. i received a few when the DLH messed up on some things with our room. from what other CMs said, it can be handed out for these type of problems or special occasions. they expire 30 days after the date filled out.

we used one on new years eve on toy story. it was awesome. it was around a 45 min wait and we just walked right on.

ill post a pic of them tomorrow.

larina
01-08-2012, 07:10 AM
I wonder if they were there on a Wish trip?

I was wondering about this too. There were several Wish trips going on when we were there last May (many staying in the PPH) and they had special passes.

they may have been the No Strings Attached pass. i received a few when the DLH messed up on some things with our room. from what other CMs said, it can be handed out for these type of problems or special occasions. they expire 30 days after the date filled out.

we used one on new years eve on toy story. it was awesome. it was around a 45 min wait and we just walked right on.

ill post a pic of them tomorrow.

We got one of these around Christmas time. Allows you to take up to 6 people with you (we were encouraged to take strangers with us, as the night it was given to us only my 8 year old and I were in the park from our group) and bypass the line.

My cousin insists there is some pass you can buy (for about $150 per person per day) that gets you to the front of the lines. He said he's going to get us the info on it. I think he's nuts and that he wishes we could get those...

Malcon10t
01-08-2012, 12:03 PM
My cousin insists there is some pass you can buy (for about $150 per person per day) that gets you to the front of the lines. He said he's going to get us the info on it. I think he's nuts and that he wishes we could get those...I think he is getting confused with Universal Hollywood, which does have a FOTL pass for $150 per day per person.

Rynosaur
01-08-2012, 12:50 PM
here are a couple pics

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j50/alwaysgqn/5fd1f7f9.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j50/alwaysgqn/a3c4c49e.jpg

as you can see, the CM can fill it out to be able to redeem for free stuff not only line passes.

we still have three left. so i guess we just have to make another trip in the next couple weeks.

lb2000
01-08-2012, 06:19 PM
A friend of mine got a pass that allowed her daughter (age 6) and the whole family to go to the head of the line for every ride. They thought it was only one ride, but none of the CMs collected it, so they used it all day. I don't know what it looked like, but a CM gave it to the 6 year old because she was crying and upset at not reaching the height limit for a ride. The CM was trying to cheer her up and gave her the pass. This was a couple of days before Thanksgiving, when the lines were really long.

ter-moo
01-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Rynosaur, that's about the right size, but they were definitely a COLOR (not beige) and it seems like they were printed in "portrait" rather than in "landscape" (i.e. vertical not horizontal, if that makes sense.)

This is probably close to what it was, though, from what everyone is saying...

ramkam
01-08-2012, 09:20 PM
My daughters and I had an unusual experience with these mystery passes a couple months ago. As we were about to get on Indiana Jones a gentlemen asked my oldest daughter if we would like to skip the line. The man was older, had grayish long hair he wore in a pony tail. He reminded a little bit of Doc Brown with a few more pounds. She said sure because she thought he was going to give her some unused fast passe. Next thing we know this guy takes us to the front of the line, shows the pass, the cast member asks how many people are with him and off we go. He was really into showing us all the hidden mickey's, Eeyore, etc. When we got to the loading area we were allowed to use the elevators and walk directly to the loading area. After the ride the guy offered to take us on Space Mountain but we had to leave. If it was a special assistance pass you sure could not tell from this guy. He had a real spring in his step. On later trips to the park I spotted him again taking other folks on rides. A most unusual experience indeed.

Halloweenqueen
01-08-2012, 09:22 PM
I lurk on the app Mousewait and often see people post that they have an "all access pass" for X amount of people. They offer to include others in their group.

cmwade77
01-09-2012, 12:00 AM
Rynosaur, that's about the right size, but they were definitely a COLOR (not beige) and it seems like they were printed in "portrait" rather than in "landscape" (i.e. vertical not horizontal, if that makes sense.)

This is probably close to what it was, though, from what everyone is saying...
If that is the case, then these were most likely from the Hotels. Although, there is a VIP tour that they could have paid for. I know there are a minimum number of hours and then they get a pass for the rest of the day, so this could possibly be it. But the VIP tour is expensive, so there probably wouldn't be too many of those.

larina
01-09-2012, 12:15 PM
My daughters and I had an unusual experience with these mystery passes a couple months ago. As we were about to get on Indiana Jones a gentlemen asked my oldest daughter if we would like to skip the line. The man was older, had grayish long hair he wore in a pony tail. He reminded a little bit of Doc Brown with a few more pounds. She said sure because she thought he was going to give her some unused fast passe. Next thing we know this guy takes us to the front of the line, shows the pass, the cast member asks how many people are with him and off we go. He was really into showing us all the hidden mickey's, Eeyore, etc. When we got to the loading area we were allowed to use the elevators and walk directly to the loading area. After the ride the guy offered to take us on Space Mountain but we had to leave. If it was a special assistance pass you sure could not tell from this guy. He had a real spring in his step. On later trips to the park I spotted him again taking other folks on rides. A most unusual experience indeed.

That's what happened to us. First this couple gave us the pass (and told us to take up to 6 people with us) at the Matterhorn. They said they had been using it all day. We used it there, with four strangers we invited to join us, and the CM let us keep it, saying, "Keep spreading the magic!!!" So we took it to the Haunted Mansion, and took 2 with us, but the CM there kept it :confused3 which was disappointing, but whatever, we were thrilled to have used it twice! (and it did say the CM was to take it upon use)

I lurk on the app Mousewait and often see people post that they have an "all access pass" for X amount of people. They offer to include others in their group.

How do they get that?