PDA

View Full Version : Quality inn on Manchester street

lillibet123
01-06-2012, 06:45 PM
Hi all

I am looking for some information on the quality inn and suites on Manchester street. I was wondering if people know:
-how far the walk is and is there a cut though/shortcut?
-what are the kids suites like (the suite with the bunk bed)
-also any other info you are willing to share

Tia :)

skiingfast
01-06-2012, 09:48 PM
It's about 12 minuts from the gates. There is no short cut, but a little way to save some time you can do a couple things. Cross at the intersection of Manchester and Harbor. The sidewalk on the west side is less crowded and you avoid crossing at the busy crosswalk. When you get past the bus stop cut through the bushes and follow the walkways in. Neither of these things save distance but get you off the crowded walkways.

I don't know about the Kids Suites.

longtimedisneylurker
01-07-2012, 10:44 AM
No first-hand experience to share, but I can pass on my mother-in-law's comments from her stay two years ago. Rooms clean. Staff nice. Beds hard and uncomfortable. I think this may also have been the place she complained about that had the plastic mattress covers that she found annoying and noisy. Walk was just a bit too far from her perspective. I know where the hotel is though, so the walk is really only a few minutes longer than the walk from Hojo. Skiingfast's estimate sounds good to me. My mother-in-law's opinion was that while nothing about the experience was bad or icky she wouldn't stay there again. She has since always chosen a different, closer location (i.e. Fairfield, Tropicana, Candy Cane Inn).

starshine514
01-07-2012, 10:50 AM
We stayed there for our December trip. We stayed in a H/A two - doubles room. It was very small and tight. The room was clean, it had a fridge and microwave (as well as tiny coffee pot, hair dryer and safe). The walk wasn't much more than Hojo, but did seem a bit long after leaving Harbor. The breakfast was decent (cold cereal, pastries, boxed donuts, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, waffles, toast, apples & oranges). and served from 6:30 - 9:30. We didn't have any problems with the beds, nor did we notice a noisy plastic liner (and I would have)

We would stay there again if the price was right.

maberlyne
01-07-2012, 07:37 PM
I'm not totally sure, but does this location for sure have bunk beds? Maybe I'm thinking of a suite... I know we stayed at a different location before because there wasn't a suite available (but maybe it was just booked).

We've stayed there probably 4 or so times in the last year because we had free points. Some of the rooms have an upgraded mattress that is actually verrryyyy comfortable. Both rooms we stayed in with this were single bed rooms (queens, I think). I did verify at the desk of this, because the bed was so much nicer. The manager did say some beds were upgraded.

Just to give you a heads up, in the last room we stayed in we did see two roaches :(. But of all the times we've stayed there, that was the only time we saw anything like that.