PDA

View Full Version : Dis Dads Convention - ROLL CALL!

DisDadDoc
01-06-2012, 04:58 PM
Time to refine our numbers a bit. I'm going to repost the poll with just "Yes", "No" or "Maybe" for January 2013.

Aaron is keeping his eyes peeled for the rates being released and then we can refine a date.

It will likely NOT be MLK weekend.

(And there will be more that I've texted/FB'd with that I know are coming but may not check in as often as others).

GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
01-06-2012, 05:02 PM
Once you finalize a specific Jan, 2013 date and once I see what our household schedule and finances are

Then maybe (Id like to, but I cant promise just yet).

theduck619
01-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Count me in :thumbsup2

Looking forward to helping plan some of the activities.

Cinderella's Fella
01-06-2012, 05:16 PM
Yes, and I will be bringing the Wife.

theduck619
01-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Yes, and I will be bringing the Wife.

I will be bringing my wife as well :thumbsup2

twokids0204
01-06-2012, 05:47 PM
I voted Maybe...

January is my vote... :thumbsup2

I just have to make sure $$$'ly it is doable.

simzac
01-06-2012, 06:26 PM
I voted maybe as we are now giving serious thought to going to DL in May of 2013

Rental01
01-06-2012, 07:16 PM
My wife said I could so we'll figure it out.

patkingpin
01-06-2012, 08:49 PM
I voted maybe. I am about 80% yes and 20% maybe right now and that means 0% no, but like a previous poster said, it is all about the money.
We are going October 2012, so I might have to sacrifice Christmas for this one :lmao:
Count me as coming, but give me an out clause just in case.

katoot
01-06-2012, 08:53 PM
No.:sad1:

We're planning on going to America sometime in November or December this year, and it's financially impossible for us to go twice within months of each other...

IndyDisney
01-06-2012, 09:29 PM
This may just work out perfectly....

Maybe for DW and I.

DisDadDoc
01-07-2012, 07:03 AM
Thanks guys! And "yes" doesn't actually commit (no money down or anything) but helps greatly with planning

katoot
01-07-2012, 07:35 AM
I suppose you could change my "no" to a "maybe."

There are so many variables in our potential trip at the end of the year, it's just as likely we could go in January...

Plus, I feel lonely in the "No" column...:lmao:

DisDadDoc
01-08-2012, 06:44 AM
I suppose you could change my "no" to a "maybe."

There are so many variables in our potential trip at the end of the year, it's just as likely we could go in January...

Plus, I feel lonely in the "No" column...:lmao:

I'll keep that I mind! Come on, the rest of you chatty Cathy's, vote!

FreezinRafiki
01-08-2012, 07:38 AM
Put me down as a solid Maybe.
IF we do Marathon weekend and...
IF I get my butt off the couch and train for it and...
IF the finances allow it...
then Maybe we'd come as a family.:thumbsup2

DisneyFed
01-08-2012, 08:03 AM
I voted "Maybe" simply because a lot can happen in a year in my line of work...90% sure it's really a "Yes" though.

middlepat
01-08-2012, 08:49 AM
I voted in the Maybe bucket. Still a lot of variables for us and I would be bringing the family if I do come. (hence the variables)

Turkey Lurkey
01-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Had to vote no. It would have been iffy for me to come up with the funds to go by myself, and then in a moment of Crown Royal influenced honesty last night, I asked my wife if it was okay if I could go. Even slightly tipsy, I knew that look she gave me was not a good one.

So, it was iffy for me to go alone, but there's no way I can get the money together to bring the fam too. :guilty: Alas.

TL

AJRitz
01-08-2012, 01:32 PM
We're up to 16 "yes" or "maybe" responses, and we're looking at an event that is still a year away (and a year for which Disney hasn't even released pricing yet). That's enough of a show of support for me to start doing some leg work on a group deal. I think the next poll that we should run (and you all can tell me whether it makes more sense to run it here or at Disdads.com) is whether we should do the convention on marathon weekend or the last weekend in January.

theduck619
01-08-2012, 01:43 PM
We're up to 16 "yes" or "maybe" responses, and we're looking at an event that is still a year away (and a year for which Disney hasn't even released pricing yet). That's enough of a show of support for me to start doing some leg work on a group deal. I think the next poll that we should run (and you all can tell me whether it makes more sense to run it here or at Disdads.com) is whether we should do the convention on marathon weekend or the last weekend in January.

I would prefer the weekend that is the least crowded of the two.

stopher1
01-08-2012, 02:23 PM
I said yes. BUT - if it's the last weekend of the month, it will be a no as that's already planned. So perhaps I should have said maybe. Of course if the marathon is once again this weekend next year... then it will be a no as well, since yesterday was my son's birthday. DW would kill me if I intentionally missed a birthday - and it would not be a family trip for me. SOOOOO - yeah, in reality there are some variables to consider for me as well - and it really is a maybe instead of a solid yes.

cj9200
01-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Let me explain my maybe vote.

Driving home today, all DD could talk about is running in next year's Marathon. That is four hours and 250 miles of marathon, Marathon talk (Paul you were right, she is hooked). So if she can get away from school, and if the meet is Marathon weekend I am a yes. If she will be running the Marathon and it is another weekend in January, then it is a no. Can't justify going, coming back, going right back again. She is probably going to want to run it even if she goes to school in the NE.

If she isn't going to run, than any date would be a yes. For estimating group sales, I will stay on DVC points either in my own room or sharing accommodations with others.

AJRitz
01-08-2012, 02:36 PM
stopher - next January's calendar is a little bit odd, so speculation is that marathon weekend will not be until January 10-13 (New Year's Day is on a Tuesday, and the general consensus is that two days later is too close for marathon weekend).

cj9200
01-08-2012, 03:29 PM
stopher - next January's calendar is a little bit odd, so speculation is that marathon weekend will not be until January 10-13 (New Year's Day is on a Tuesday, and the general consensus is that two days later is too close for marathon weekend).

I looked on the Marathon site today to get DD's time and the countdown clock said 367 or 8 days... Just check back and it is down now. So I would have to agree with Aarons thinking.

stopher1
01-08-2012, 03:47 PM

I looked on the Marathon site today to get DD's time and the countdown clock said 367 or 8 days... Just check back and it is down now. So I would have to agree with Aarons thinking.

Good to know. :thumbsup2 Not being a serious runner, I don't really follow when the marathons fall. That could indeed change in the coming years as I beef up my running, but for now - no.

I too will probably utilize points to stay, unless the rate is smokin' good. Of course if I pay cash I might just use my own TA discount instead... so I may or may not be part of any group booking. We'll see.

Wherem I Now
01-08-2012, 04:21 PM
If the stars can align, this is our "normal" time of year to go and I would hope to make it. Only problem is that DD5 has been asking consistently when we are going to see the real Mickey. She may not last that long and we definitely won't be able to make two trips there in the same year.

I wouldn't be able to go without taking the whole family.

Now a few Smiles from DD5... :cutie::love::cheer2::santa::bride:princess:

sduck
01-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Voted Yes, put it in the budget, but you all know that the economy could pull the rug out from me very quickly if work slows for some odd reason or DW's health worsens, but I am putting away for it starting with next week's pay.

theduck619
01-09-2012, 04:28 AM
If the stars can align, this is our "normal" time of year to go and I would hope to make it. Only problem is that DD5 has been asking consistently when we are going to see the real Mickey. She may not last that long and we definitely won't be able to make two trips there in the same year.

I wouldn't be able to go without taking the whole family.

Now a few Smiles from DD5... :cutie::love::cheer2::santa::bride:princess:

I am bringing my wife and daughters as well :thumbsup2

Captain_Oblivious
01-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Best I can do is a maybe. It is probably leaning towards "no" as I look at the budget today, but I don't want to rule it out yet.

Emma's Dad
01-09-2012, 01:22 PM
I'm a maybe for now... several variables to consider.. but if we can nail down a date I'll let you know for sure. I definitely would love a DDC meet!! :cool1:

theduck619
01-12-2012, 04:32 AM
Bump.

Aaron do we have a time frame for when rates will be released for January 2013?

RodBelding
01-12-2012, 08:39 AM
I responded Yes.

If it's marathon weekend than it's much easier for me, as it's the perfect excuse for me to come down 3 months after our big family trip and not have my wife leave me. :thumbsup2