PDA

View Full Version : Crowded!

ter-moo
01-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Down here taking my daughter back to college in Irvine. We decided to stay the two nights near Disneyland so we could pop into the parks while here. Went last night after we arrived (around 5ish) and MAN--it was crowded! I've never seen a line like that for Screamin' and I've been here at many different times of the year. I know it was night and nights are crowded, but you'd think people would have to be back in school by now!

I'd love to go over this morning and see how it is, but my daughter is NOT waking up! ;)

Lucille1963
01-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Many schools are off this week.

Have fun today!

blackjackdelta
01-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Wishing I had the opportunity this AM, need a break. When you get there have fun.

Jack

Cinerbelle
01-06-2012, 04:17 PM
Nope, my kids don't go back until the 10th.

Malcon10t
01-07-2012, 01:07 AM
I know it was night and nights are crowded, but you'd think people would have to be back in school by now!Schools don't go back in session until the 10th in most areas. If the schools were back in session, DL would be closing at 8pm and DCA at 6pm.

Judy from Boise
01-07-2012, 10:22 PM
I was there the 4-6th and it was very crowded. Goofy's sky school and the swings had 45 minute waits !

charmama4
01-07-2012, 10:39 PM
Our soldiers are coming home in droves and what better way to celebrate that homecoming than at DISNEYLAND!!! We have had airmen (Travis AFB)coming home every day for the past few weeks and more coming in. We will also be celebrating next month.

WELCOME HOME U.S. SERVICE MEMBERS!!!!

ter-moo
01-08-2012, 01:15 AM
We ended up going Friday morning around 10ish (I know, I know...) It was crowded again, but we did manage to do a few things and had a great day! Our longest wait was for Dole Whips! ;)

We enjoyed the warm weather, and watching people from the newly opened Jolly Holiday bakery!

Also had a nice encounter on Main St. with the Disneyland Marching Band! Love when those unplanned, spontaneous moments take you by surprise and delight you (even delight a jaded 18-year-old like my daughter!) :love:

I must add that I have NEVER seen that many people crammed over by the Mark Twain as I did! Three Kings Day was really drawing a crowd. :scared1:

Loved the juxtaposition of the Three Kings by the Three Caballeros! :rotfl2:

Lovely day...:cloud9: