PDA

View Full Version : Three hours at Disneyland

Nahanni
01-05-2012, 07:13 AM
I will be attending a conference at DLH next week and just learned we will have free passes one evening (starting at 4pm). Any must see or do attractions in the limited time or just walk around?

Dizzy4DL
01-05-2012, 10:30 AM
I'm assuming you've never been to DL, but you've been to WDW?
If so, you'll want to give Indiana Jones a spin since it's exclusive to DL.
Also, Pirates is supposed to be a different experience at Disneyland than it is at WDW.

Have fun!

ffugitive
01-05-2012, 10:58 AM
Working on the same assumption as the previous poster - Pirates and Space Mountain are the two musts, as they are both different from and superior to the WDW versions. Then work in Indy and whatever elese strikes you.

Kittyskyfish
01-05-2012, 11:07 AM
Must see (as a contrast to Magic Kingdom):

Indy (get a fast pass 1ST thing upon entering the park, then ride later)
Pirates
It's a Small World - 100% better than MK's version.
(jmo) King Arthur's Carrousel - it's a great way to look at the beautiful facade of Fantasyland.
Teacups - if you can handle spinny rides
Storybook Land Canal Boats
Space Mountain if there is time.

You do need to allow time to walk around the park and drink it in. DL is rich in ornamental detail and quite beautiful. It's an attraction in its own right.

skiingfast
01-05-2012, 12:20 PM
Sit in the front or rear of the Monorail.

Watch World of Color!!!! You will need a show ticket, so may consider getting a picnic meal or dinner package.

Also in DCA
Ride the Little Mermaid if you aren't going to WDW often.
California Screamin.
Monsters Inc.

ArchOwl
01-05-2012, 12:30 PM
As others noted, I am going to assume you are a WDW vet and you are alone and can use single rider.

I would get a FP for Space immediately upon entering the park if still available.
Ride Pirates
Single rider Indy
Fantasyland, specifically Mr. Toad, Storybook Land Canal Boats, Alice, IASW
(Sadly, Matterhorn will be closed I believe)
Use FP for Space

Park hop to DCA and do Little Mermaid, single rider Screamin', and Monsters Inc if time.

I totally agree with WOC! So perhaps arrange for a picnic or you could get lucky if it is slow and grab a free FP. It really depends on the day you will be going.

End the day with WOC. Good times. :thumbsup2

Butterfly123
01-05-2012, 03:09 PM
If the line is short for Jungle Cruise as you're walking by, I'd hop on that, too. There is often just a short wait, and it's a lot of fun. :)