PDA

View Full Version : DL or DCA for a newbie?

lsutigger
05-07-2001, 08:50 PM
I will be in CA in Nov for a conference and plan to do Disney one day, conf is in Anaheim close to Disney. My friend who is going with me hasn't been to either. I've been to DL several times and would like to see DCA. Which would you choose to do with a friend who hasn't done either?

Floydian
05-08-2001, 04:22 PM
.....we are choosing to go to DL with them, when we come down in June. Though we'd love to see DCA for ourselves, we've decided we'll have much more fun sharing the original with them for their first times. :)

Greg K.
05-08-2001, 04:31 PM
Disneyland, Disneyland, Disneyland.

DCA has its charms, but they pale when compared to the many delights of the original, DL.

DCA is more of a conventional theme park, with more predictable theme park rides -- a coaster, a raft ride, a carousel, etc. Characters are few and far between, and so is the sense of enchantment that is the hallmark of DL.

DL's attractions try to tell a story and offer a touch of magic. (As wonderful as "Soaring Over California" is, it can't begin to compare with the "Haunted Mansion," "Splash Mountain" or "Indiana Jones" - each of which is a certifiable classic.) The theming, landscaping and even the food in DL is better than DCA, too.

And - need I add? - you get a LOT more bang for your buck in DL, with about three times as many attractions for the same price.

Finally, DL is an American icon -- a vital and significant part of our popular culture. Everyone should see it at least once!!! :cool:

luvdsny
05-08-2001, 06:29 PM
DISNEYLAND

I can't say it any better than what Greg said, so I'll just say 'ditto' :)

teri
05-08-2001, 07:50 PM
I would vote for Disneyland as well - go for the original with new people. I hope you can extend your stay and visit both parks! Be sure to check out Downtown Disney. :D

lsutigger
05-08-2001, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the good thoughts. they were things I had not thought about. I think also that my friend would be more comfortable with the rides at DL. I'll have to work on her to ride SM I'm sure. I think we'll do DL and then go back sometimes to do DCA. Thanks again.