PDA

View Full Version : How can I get out of an non-cancelable reservation?

tpmorley
01-04-2012, 09:16 PM
I apparently made a mistake by clicking on a 14 day advance reservation for Days Inn & Suites that is non-cancelable. Just after I made the reservation, I read some pretty awful reviews so I made a reservation at the Park Vue Inn, but I can't get my money back from Days Inn. Any ideas?

disneychrista
01-04-2012, 09:24 PM
I have stayed here many times. It is a basic hotel but it has always been clean & confrontable. The breakfast is one of the better ones I have seen for this type of hotel - Cereal, donuts, bread/toast, fruit, juice, coffee/tea.

miss.potatohead
01-04-2012, 09:30 PM
Call them up, explain the situation, but you have agreed to the terms and conditions of the hotel's booking policy, so I don't know what your chances are of getting the money back.

Good luck

abwdreaming
01-04-2012, 10:31 PM
I did this myself once when planning a vacation. I called back the same day explained my error. I explained our vacation plans are still not definite and I accidentally picked the wrong nonrefundable choice. They happily reversed the chargers. Be polite and call immediately.

starshine514
01-05-2012, 01:08 PM
I have to agre with abwdreaming here. Time is of the essence. I once accidentally booked a rental car (via my husband's account) for my dad IN my husband's name on Hotwire. I called immediately, they were not pleasant about it, but they did let us cancel/rebook the reservation (in a lower car class, but for the same price) in my dad's name instead. I called within minutes of making the reservation.

tpmorley
01-06-2012, 05:10 PM
I was very polite, owned my mistake and asked if there was any way they could cancel the reservation. After two refusals, I suggested that since our reservation was only for one night, they would probably be able to rent the room at a higher rate than the discounted rate that I had accidentally accepted. Without another word she said, "Your cancellation number is xxxxx." It must have been pixie dust. Thanks, everyone!

Nox54
01-06-2012, 06:43 PM
I'm glad it worked out. and quick thinking on your part ;)