PDA

View Full Version : Who's staying up for 24 hours on Feb 29?

anonymousegirl
01-04-2012, 08:19 PM
I'll be there--hopefully for the full 24 hours. Even have a fun and wacky idea for getting into the Guinness Record Book!
Who is with me?

rockydek
01-04-2012, 08:34 PM
I will be at MK in DW 2/29 all night.

LisainCalifornia
01-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Not me! Even in college (in San Francisco) the latest I stayed up was 1ish. And I didn't like it! Even when I can be at Disneyland till 12, we are always out of there by 10 or 11 at the very latest, so I can't imagine wanting to be there all night.

You guys go have fun for me--with my blessing!:)

jemimabean
01-04-2012, 10:59 PM
I'm going to be there earlier in the month, but even if I could make it on the day, there's no way that I'd try for anything close to the full 24 hours. I think that I would most like to head into the park around 11pm and stay until about 7am. I'd love to watch the sunrise over Disneyland.

redboxcar
01-05-2012, 04:47 AM
I, too, will be there on the 29th - however, I don't plan on staying the full 24 hours either. I am gonna try the overnight thing as well. I'm staying at the Disneyland Hotel so I can make a few back and forth trips.

small2006
01-05-2012, 08:24 AM
My husband and I will be there, flying in from the uk. We'll be there at 6am for opening but I doubt very much we'll be there the full 24 hours. We'll still be jetlagged and we have a big road trip to think about so best to not be shattered for the rest of the holiday!

MotoWifey185
01-05-2012, 10:45 AM
Ohh I wish I could do this!!! :sad1:I stay up all night all the time.

princesszelda
01-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Thinking about going. Not sure if we would do the 24 hours though.

2plus2equalsus
01-05-2012, 01:19 PM
I am!!! Trying to get my friends on board. I know my (crazy as me) sister is with me! If you are a born & raised die hard Disneyland fan, this is a day you can't miss. It's like the 25th or 50th Anniversaries...a day in history!
World Record! What a great idea!!
Keep me posted on what you find out.

I'm doing flight & hotel research now! :banana:

jmac323
01-05-2012, 01:33 PM
We will be there but not doing the 24 hour thing. We have 2 little ones to take back to sleep. However, we did just talk about taking turns staying wiht the kids at the hotel while the other go back to play at night ;)

CalvaryMike
01-05-2012, 01:44 PM
I wonder how the ticket situation will work. Will they clear the park in the morning before the 1st?

aymekae
01-05-2012, 01:48 PM
I immediately decided I wanted to do this, but I wouldn't stay in the park the whole 24 hrs. Definitely getting a hotel so we can nap mid-day. I'm most excited about being there all night.

I'm really curious how the crowds will be. I think it's a typically slow time of year for DL, but this "event" will bring lots of people who wouldn't ordinarily go on that day. Then factor in young children, and the fact that it's on a Wednesday, so that locals would likely need 2 days off from work (what I am planning). Anyway. Time will tell if we get there or not.

aymekae
01-05-2012, 01:49 PM
I wonder how the ticket situation will work. Will they clear the park in the morning before the 1st?

Well, it said 6 AM, and I'm guessing the park doesn't open on the 1st till 8 or 9 AM, so yes, I'm sure they will boot everyone out while they restore the park to order!

MotoXPrincess99
01-05-2012, 01:56 PM
My DBF and I plan to go (Disneyland) and bring the RV so we can go back and nap for a few hours and then head back in the park around 1-2AM. RV parking is only $20.

After the parks close at 6AM we'll get some sleep and head back in the parks for a few more hours before we drive home Thursday night. We only live about 1 1/2 hours away and have AP's so I think our plan's a good one.

scion5220
01-05-2012, 03:29 PM
I am planning to try to make it all 24 hours here at MK in Florida! :thumbsup2

pixiewings71
01-05-2012, 04:53 PM
My DBF and I plan to go (Disneyland) and bring the RV so we can go back and nap for a few hours and then head back in the park around 1-2AM. RV parking is only $20.

After the parks close at 6AM we'll get some sleep and head back in the parks for a few more hours before we drive home Thursday night. We only live about 1 1/2 hours away and have AP's so I think our plan's a good one.

What a fun idea! :)

DBF and I are thinking of doing a mid-week visit just the 2 of us. The kids will have school....hehe :) If we do it will be a Tues-Thurs deal for us and we won't spend all of Wed in the parks. What we would do is sleep in Wed morning, hit the parks, grab FPs, rest in the afternoon/evening and eat outside the parks then head back in the late evening. We definitely want to try to stay as late (or early) as we can but we haven't figured out if we can even do it yet. :)

calibmom24
01-06-2012, 10:40 AM
I am going to go late, so hopefully in the middle of the night it won't be too crowded for once!!!

jessicaerv
01-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Wonder if the ticket price will be the same or if that day will end up being a "special event" ticket. Also wonder if APs will be blacked out.

Anyone know?

BeccaG
01-06-2012, 04:31 PM
I was thinking of going....but keep wondering what the crowds will be like. Maybe I will try and show up at 12 pm and take the place of those pooping out....what do you all think the crowds will look like?

rentayenta
01-06-2012, 05:16 PM
I haven't read all of the responses but I don't think 24 hours straight sounds like much fun. :blush: Unless they have CMs who normally work a type of graveyard shift, I think service will be sub par with good reason. It's going to be cold. People are going to be exhausted.

Having said that, I hope all of you going have a great time. :goodvibes I'll be here eager to read about everyones experiences. :thumbsup2

jpark
01-06-2012, 05:18 PM
i'm trying to get a group of friends to go. i'm hoping it won't be too crowded b/c most people have work/school/etc. i wonder if all stores and restaurants will be open as well?

tink71973
01-09-2012, 01:56 AM
I am flying in from Denver. DBF want's to be there when the park opens at 6:00am this will be his second trip and he is almost as excited as I am. The plan is be there at opening, Hang out till noon back to the room to sleep for a while and return around 7 and stay all night. I made it to the 50th anniversary and I would not miss this for anything.:goodvibes

Badge
01-09-2012, 11:58 AM
I am trying to make it to this. Went in Oct for a week so the hard part is coming up with the money.

Thinking about buying an AP since we are planning a family trip over the summer and I hope to go again this Oct. Does anybody know if they will add blackout dates for this event or are the blackout dates set in stone for the Deluxe pass?

If I do manage to go, I plan on being there for the full event! When I am in the parks, I never get tried. However, once the park closes and I am heading back to the hotel, that is when I crash. So, I think I should be fine for a full 24 hours. I just wish the matterhorn would be open!

RuthieT
01-09-2012, 03:37 PM
We will be there, but not sure if we will make it all 24 hours.. My DH and older DD might try to make it the whole time...

pixiewings71
01-09-2012, 06:49 PM
I am trying to make it to this. Went in Oct for a week so the hard part is coming up with the money.

Thinking about buying an AP since we are planning a family trip over the summer and I hope to go again this Oct. Does anybody know if they will add blackout dates for this event or are the blackout dates set in stone for the Deluxe pass?

If I do manage to go, I plan on being there for the full event! When I am in the parks, I never get tried. However, once the park closes and I am heading back to the hotel, that is when I crash. So, I think I should be fine for a full 24 hours. I just wish the matterhorn would be open!

I have a DAP, it is not currently blacked out for Wednesday Feb 29th. Hopefully they don't decide to change that. They can and will change it if they feel they need to. However, if you purchase your DAP on that day it will not be blacked out and you WILL be able to visit the parks for no additional fee.

Badge
01-09-2012, 08:27 PM
I have a DAP, it is not currently blacked out for Wednesday Feb 29th. Hopefully they don't decide to change that. They can and will change it if they feel they need to. However, if you purchase your DAP on that day it will not be blacked out and you WILL be able to visit the parks for no additional fee.

Would they change it like days before or weeks before Feb 29th if they were going to change it?

If everything goes as planned, I plan to arrive on Feb 28th in the morning, spend the day at DCA. Then of course on the 29th I plan on 24 hours at DL, followed by the 1st and 2nd going to ride whatever I feel like those two days (or sleeping :rotfl2:). I would hate to get there and not be able to get into the park with my pass! Do they offer any sort of "discounted" tickets for DAP holders if they want to visit on a blackout day, or is it full price?

momrek06
01-09-2012, 08:35 PM
I am going to go late, so hopefully in the middle of the night it won't be too crowded for once!!!

DH & I are going to do this!

We want to go to DL around 2am and stay until morning!

I just hope there will be availability in the DL parking lots.

taaren
01-10-2012, 10:14 PM
I'm going to be there earlier in the month, but even if I could make it on the day, there's no way that I'd try for anything close to the full 24 hours. I think that I would most like to head into the park around 11pm and stay until about 7am. I'd love to watch the sunrise over Disneyland.

I, too, will be there on the 29th - however, I don't plan on staying the full 24 hours either. I am gonna try the overnight thing as well. I'm staying at the Disneyland Hotel so I can make a few back and forth trips.

I'm hoping to be in Cali on the 29th ... if I am I'll be joining you guys on the overnight thing but don't really want to try the 24 hour thing either. 11p-7a sounds perfect.

jenn52
01-11-2012, 02:08 PM
Hi. Newbie here. Disneyland is my favorite place and am dying to go on the 29th. Like most, there is no way I can be awake for 24 hours straight, so me and DH are thinking of going to DL in AM, going back to hotel for a nap in afternoon & back to DL in the evening.

My concern is the crowds. Normally in Feb, it wouldn't be an issue, but what if it sells out and they don't let more people in? If you've already "used" your tickets earlier that day & got your hand stamped, do they let you back in even if they aren't letting other people in?
I live here in So Cali and usually avoid these sold out type days (my fave is a rainy weekday in Oct/Mar...LOL). Does anyone think it could be that full?

pixiewings71
01-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Would they change it like days before or weeks before Feb 29th if they were going to change it?

If everything goes as planned, I plan to arrive on Feb 28th in the morning, spend the day at DCA. Then of course on the 29th I plan on 24 hours at DL, followed by the 1st and 2nd going to ride whatever I feel like those two days (or sleeping :rotfl2:). I would hate to get there and not be able to get into the park with my pass! Do they offer any sort of "discounted" tickets for DAP holders if they want to visit on a blackout day, or is it full price?

I honestly have NO idea when they would change it. If they do change it and it becomes blacked out (I really don't think they will do that to us Deluxe holders, if they are going to do it I think it would be to the So Cal AP holders) you can purchase a $59 blackout pass that will be good for that day only.

Hi. Newbie here. Disneyland is my favorite place and am dying to go on the 29th. Like most, there is no way I can be awake for 24 hours straight, so me and DH are thinking of going to DL in AM, going back to hotel for a nap in afternoon & back to DL in the evening.

My concern is the crowds. Normally in Feb, it wouldn't be an issue, but what if it sells out and they don't let more people in? If you've already "used" your tickets earlier that day & got your hand stamped, do they let you back in even if they aren't letting other people in?
I live here in So Cali and usually avoid these sold out type days (my fave is a rainy weekday in Oct/Mar...LOL). Does anyone think it could be that full?

If they have to do this there will be signs up and visible as you exit the park.

IndayMichelle
01-12-2012, 12:20 AM
I think I'm going to go. I'm looking into taking the last flight out of Seattle to SNA on the 29th and going straight to the park and staying until 6AM! Not sure though. Still trying to attract a travel buddy to go down there with me.

Mortimer Mouse
01-12-2012, 12:36 AM
I posted this on another thread, but we should do like a 2am DIS meet....popcorn::

DLR29
01-12-2012, 02:53 AM
Me and some friends will probably be there for the evening, not the whole 24 hours because I have class and other stuff on Wednesday. I'll probably take a nap and then be there all night. :banana:

CA Disney Fans
01-12-2012, 02:16 PM
I am hoping to go. Has a list of what will be open made public yet?

ImTooExcitedToSleep
01-12-2012, 02:19 PM
I posted this on another thread, but we should do like a 2am DIS meet....popcorn::

You know the rule. ;)

anonymousegirl
01-12-2012, 02:38 PM
I'd love to do a 2am Dis meet! And what is the rule someone mentioned?

ImTooExcitedToSleep
01-12-2012, 02:42 PM

You know the rule. ;)

The Rule: If you bring it up....you have to plan it. :lmao:

2plus2equalsus
01-12-2012, 03:36 PM
I just booked my plane ticket! Looking for a hotel now.... :cool1:

azdoughboy
01-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Trying to talk the wife into it. Really do think this is something that's a once-in-a-lifetime deal. I took the days off, and HOPEFULLY she'll do the same...

BC

Mortimer Mouse
01-12-2012, 10:27 PM

Oh wow, I defer to your awesome-ness in organizing Dis meets and there for deem this idea as yours (pretty please).....popcorn::

kailuagirl
01-12-2012, 10:59 PM
I so wish I could be there for this! I would do it in a heartbeat. My DH or DD4 couldn't handle, but I could for sure. I can't wait to hear all the stories of all of you who did it, it's going to be amazing!!

I wish I could fly there for just that day and come right back afterwards, haha

Lewdannie
01-22-2012, 11:56 PM
I posted this on the February thread, so apologies.

But I noticed that there folk at Lines are predicting a 10/10 day for crowds on the 29th.

Do we really think it is going to be THAT crowded, all day, and why?

DisneyDreamer2
01-23-2012, 10:56 AM
I will be there! I couldn't convince my hubby or kids to stay up all 24 hrs with me though, so my best friend is also going to fly in and take the challenge with me. We arrive the 28th and hope to get a good night's sleep so we can be at the gates by 6am!

I wish I knew what kind of crowds to expect, although I bet Disney wishes they knew too, LOL. I would love to see them make this day extra special, but like all die hard fans, I just cant wait to be the park at 4am! Heehee

Here's to hoping they start making announcements of more details soon! they built an entire promotion around Leap day, so I am hoping they do more than just change the hours.

small2006
01-23-2012, 02:30 PM
I posted this on the February thread, so apologies.

But I noticed that there folk at Lines are predicting a 10/10 day for crowds on the 29th.

Do we really think it is going to be THAT crowded, all day, and why?

I refuse to believe its going to be crowded all day, mainly because we only have 2 days and if we have to fight for space on what should have been a really quiet day I'll be really annoyed! I think the crowds will increase around 4pm into the evening but there's no way it's going to be anything like Christmas surely?!!

WestWind
01-23-2012, 03:44 PM
I would totally stay in the park all night, it would be fun and an adventure - something to talk and brag about.

Unfortunately we will not be there. :sad2:

DisneyMomma81
01-23-2012, 04:36 PM
I'd love to *I have enough Delta skymiles to fly for free in and out of LGB!! I'm hoping I can talk my mom in to joining me.

ETA
Ugh ~ my mom is sticking to her budget, no trips in 2012!! I've posted a request to facebook, inviting anybody to join me. My kids aren't invited ;)

IndayMichelle
01-24-2012, 03:30 AM
Ugh ~ my mom is sticking to her budget, no trips in 2012!! I've posted a request to facebook, inviting anybody to join me. My kids aren't invited ;)

I did the same thing. I posted on facebook too. I have two people who might come meet me there for the day, but nobody will go for the weekend. I need to meet other Seattleites with APs...

hpfan100
01-25-2012, 09:13 PM
I'm going to be there!!!! I'll fly in on the 28th after work and fly home on the 1st. So just two days off from work. I'm probably going to be solo so if anyone does plan a meet I'd be happy to be there.

Not sure if I could do a 24 hour straight trip or not....I might need a nap. It's a cool goal though so maybe.

CA Disney Fans
01-26-2012, 03:45 PM
Booked my flight last night. Flying in early on 2/29 and leaving in the afternoon on 3/1. I can't wait!

IndayMichelle
01-27-2012, 09:07 PM

You know the rule. ;)

Oh wow, I defer to your awesome-ness in organizing Dis meets and there for deem this idea as yours (pretty please).....popcorn::

Get to planning! :thumbsup2

DisneyDreamer2
01-28-2012, 03:46 PM
Just one month from tomorrow people! Get your sleep now, while you can ;) My kids have been taking turns being sick in the middle of the night all week. Usually I'd be pretty grumpy being so tired, but I am trying to be positive and happy and consider it training for staying up the full 24 on 2/29/12.