PDA

View Full Version : Team Iluminate at DCA

jetskigrl
01-04-2012, 12:55 AM
I was wondering if anyone has seen the Team Iluminate performance at DCA on one of the past couple of weekends. My DD loves them and really wants to see them but I can't find anything that says when and where the performances will be held (only that it is part of Electronica). I was hoping to find out the times and where it is being held so that we make sure to be there in plenty of time. Thanks so much.

skiingfast
01-04-2012, 01:18 AM
I found a time noted as 8pm, which sounds right, but other information was very strange on the same site so it may be wrong. You may need a Entertainment Times Guide when you enter the park to find out.

The location is the only stage in the Hollywood Backlot. If you aren't familiar with the area, make a left to muppets, you go under the "TRON" Scanner and follow the path about 50 feet and you will see the stage on your right, kind of opposite the Muppets entrance.

Have fun it should be a great show.

KaitlynandTaylorsMom
01-04-2012, 09:23 AM
We saw them the day after Christmas. They were FABULOUS! The show times were listed on the times guide that we picked up at the gate. I believe it was 8:00 and 8:45. They perform on the same stage as Disney's Dance Crew in the Hollywood Backlot. The one I like to call the "hidden stage" because I can never remember that it's tucked back in there. lol

We got there at about 6:45 or so for the 8:00 show and just barely made it in time for a front row spot. It filled in very quickly behind us too. There was some dancing going on in the same area so my little ones were able to enjoy that while we waited. At 7:30 Laserman performed on the same stage. We did not know about him so that was like an added bonus for us. It was pretty cool too.

jetskigrl
01-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Awesome! Thank you both, so much! I know the stage but I wasn't sure if they were having the performance there since the show requires complete darkness (did they turn out all the lights in the area, or just on the stage?).

We are heading down there about 5 on Friday night but even with traffic we should be able to get there and in the park by 6:45 :thumbsup2

Just in case we don't make it, I'm glad to hear that there is a second show.

KaitlynandTaylorsMom, did you happen to notice how the 8:45 show was handled? Did people just hang around until the first audience left or was there some kind of line where people waited.

KaitlynandTaylorsMom
01-04-2012, 11:53 AM
To be honest with you, I didn't pay any attention to the lighting in the rest of the area. It was dark where we were but since we were in the front row we did see them moving around on the stage (maybe it was better further back?). It wasn't anything too distracting though, IMO. We were still able to enjoy the show. My 7yo dd did mention though after the show that she saw them moving. It did seem to bother her but she is also a perfectionist. ;)

I didn't notice how they handled the 2nd show. I did notice that it was madness behind us though so we just scooted off to the right and made a beeline out of the entire area.

jetskigrl
01-04-2012, 12:01 PM
To be honest with you, I didn't pay any attention to the lighting in the rest of the area. It was dark where we were but since we were in the front row we did see them moving around on the stage (maybe it was better further back?). It wasn't anything too distracting though, IMO. We were still able to enjoy the show. My 7yo dd did mention though after the show that she saw them moving. It did seem to bother her but she is also a perfectionist. ;)

I didn't notice how they handled the 2nd show. I did notice that it was madness behind us though so we just scooted off to the right and made a beeline out of the entire area.

Thanks so much! All the information is extremely helpful :thumbsup2 I think we will shoot for getting there in time to get a spot up close to the front for the first show.