PDA

View Full Version : Anything going on Feb 24-27th?

nicolispicoli
01-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Was planning a trip for DLR Feb 24-27th and wanted to make sure before I book anything that there isn't much going on? I looked at the event page and didn't see anything, but wanted to be sure. I assume people who book special trips for the leap day event won't be arriving until mid-week after we leave or later.

Anything I should know about? I am looking for low crowds, aside from normal weekend numbers. I know about the few refurbs and the slower than usual event calendar, just looking out for special events...etc. Thanks!

skiingfast
01-03-2012, 04:26 PM
There is a small Scrap Booking expo. Some Disney fans attend this but it doesn't effect crowds in more than a small way.

nicolispicoli
01-03-2012, 04:47 PM
There is a small Scrap Booking expo. Some Disney fans attend this but it doesn't effect crowds in more than a small way.

Perfect, thank you!!

Mom2micayla
01-03-2012, 05:11 PM
All Tucson schools have Feb 23-27 off for rodeo break. We've gone then and experienced higher crowds than I expected, but it seems like all of Tucson goes then.:rotfl:I wouldn't expect crazy crowds, but don't expect super low ones either. (Also, keep in mind that Feb is the rainiest month in Anaheim and you're likely to deal with a day or two of rain)

MukilteoSailor
01-03-2012, 05:31 PM
It will be the tail end of the President's Day weekend (Feb 18 - 20). Some schools get the whole week off (20th-24th). We will be down around the same time. Last year we did the same thing and the park was busy on Thursday, packed on Friday (and it was even raining), and totally dead on Saturday (was forecasted to rain but was a beautiful sunny day and no crowds). I was sure the crowds were going to go the other way too.

skiingfast
01-03-2012, 06:35 PM
Just to explain that week in a fair manner. Presidents Day weekend end, and has a minor effect on the whole week.

Tuscon can be out of school, but they don't make that a busy week or weekend.

you can verify my statements by looking at historical hours. They are smaller than medium hours. Not close to long hours that crowds warrant.

Poppins2010
01-03-2012, 06:58 PM
For some reason, Touring Plans lists this time as a 9 out of 10 for crowds. I don't know why, but perhaps there is something going on. They are usually pretty accurate.

DryCreek
01-03-2012, 07:05 PM
For some reason, Touring Plans lists this time as a 9 out of 10 for crowds. I don't know why, but perhaps there is something going on. They are usually pretty accurate.

I kinda hope they're not - at least for the 23rd through the 28th. Does that sound selfish of me?

To the right of the main projection (i.e 10/10) there are some more numbers, under DL and DCA. How exactly do I interpret those?

MukilteoSailor
01-03-2012, 07:12 PM
Just to explain that week in a fair manner. Presidents Day weekend end, and has a minor effect on the whole week.

Tuscon can be out of school, but they don't make that a busy week or weekend.

you can verify my statements by looking at historical hours. They are smaller than medium hours. Not close to long hours that crowds warrant.

Tuscon isn't the only area that has that entire week off. Our district and others do as well as a mid winter break.

I would not classify it as the highest crowd times but it is busier than it has been in the past.

As for hours here is a site with the listings for last Feb: http://allthingsmouse.com/february-2011-park-hours-released-for-disneyland-and-california-adventure/

While not at peak operating hours it is definitely higher than the rest of the month.

While my expectations were similar to what skiingfast described the reality of what we experienced last year at the time was something entirely different.

GrandBob
01-03-2012, 11:31 PM

Sorry to contradict you, but if you check around on other posts on this side of the DIS, you'll see that they're pretty universally considered to be highly inaccurate for Disneyland.

-Bob

SunsetsOnTheBeach
01-03-2012, 11:34 PM
We are in SoCal and have President's Week off (Feb 20-24). I have a lot of friends who plan to be at Disney that week/weekend, including us!

nicolispicoli
01-03-2012, 11:49 PM
We are in SoCal and have President's Week off (Feb 20-24). I have a lot of friends who plan to be at Disney that week/weekend, including us!

Good to know, thank you! Since we're flexible, we may push it out a week. I am assuming spring breaks don't start until later in march.

3Minnies1Mickey
01-04-2012, 12:25 AM
Sorry to contradict you, but if you check around on other posts on this side of the DIS, you'll see that they're pretty universally considered to be highly inaccurate for Disneyland.

-Bob

Worth repeating