PDA

View Full Version : DCA Attraction Questions

Chumpson
01-03-2012, 04:18 PM
So, there are some new things I see on the map that I haven't seen on my trips before. Tell me about:

World of Color, Goofy's Sky School, Little Mermaid--Ariel's Undersea Adventure.

skiingfast
01-03-2012, 04:29 PM
No known date for when Carsland opens, just that it will open for Summer.

World of Color is a big evening show. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=37986447WoC Superthread

Goofy's Sky School is a retheming of Mulholland Madness, it's a wild mouse style coaster.

Little Mermaid is a new calm dark ride.

HydroGuy
01-03-2012, 04:37 PM
So, there are some new things I see on the map that I haven't seen on my trips before. Tell me about:

World of Color, Goofy's Sky School, Little Mermaid--Ariel's Undersea Adventure.WOC info can be found here: "World of Color Superthread" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=37986447 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=37986447)

GSS is a re-themed version of Mulholland Madness. A bit better fit into DCA but still not that great.

LMAUA is a dark ride in the Haunted Mansion fashion that opened last June. It is not super popular or "blow your mind" good, but IMO it is a solid addition to DCA.

:wizard:

mrswh
01-03-2012, 07:40 PM
Goofy's is a great roller coaster for small kids (or roller coaster weenies like me). It is a pretty short ride with several stops. The theming is cute and you get a nice view at the top. You can usually ride it repeatedly with very little wait for the first hour after the park opens - after that you need a FP as the line moves pretty slowly.

I agree with HydroGuy that Little Mermaid isn't blow your mind good, but it's cute. It's a good one for little kids (my kids went on it about 15 times on our last trip). It's also a continuous loader so the line (if there is one) moves quickly. You rarely have to wait long and it's a great ride to escape the heat and crowds.

World of Color is a beautiful show using water, lights, projections and music. Totally worth checking out. If you are really into it and want to get that "perfect" view, you'll be investing a few hours of your time, no matter how you get your Fastpass. If you are OK with a decent view, or are very, very tall (like 7 foot 9), you can show up a few minutes before showtime.

Disney Dreams
01-03-2012, 08:09 PM
...or are very, very tall (like 7 foot 9)....

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

But holds some truth, sadly.

- Dreams