PDA

View Full Version : Dis Dads Convention

Pages : 1 [2]

middlepat
02-22-2012, 02:22 PM
You guys know that there's a marathon relay option, right (two people each run a half-marathon)?

Never heard of that.

I can barely run a mile right now, let alone 13+... :headache:

Not a bad idea though. :idea:

I wonder if they would let us create a team of 52 Dis Dads to run 0.5 miles each. I might be able to pull that off. :lmao:

that's nice
02-22-2012, 02:23 PM
I wonder if they would let us create a team of 52 Dis Dads to run 0.5 miles each. I might be able to pull that off. :lmao:

Now you are talking my language!!!! :rotfl::rotfl:

trennr
02-22-2012, 02:31 PM
We could have a DIS Dads Race...from the MK entrance to Aloha Isle. To the Victor...Free Dole Whip. :thumbsup2

AirGoofy
02-22-2012, 03:55 PM
Barry is alway quick to dish out the abuse and no other DDC members ever fire back at him. It's like the rest of this group is scared of him or something. Someone has to stop him before he takes over the tri-state area.
. popcorn::

I called him King of the Weiner's on the main thread earlier today. I don't think any are exempt from our fodder.

cj9200
02-22-2012, 04:15 PM
You guys know that there's a marathon relay option, right (two people each run a half-marathon)?

I'd bet we could turn that into a GKTW fundraising event - the rest of us Dads helping to collect sponsors for your relay run. Maybe make it a race -- you guys running the relay vs. Ryan running the regular Marahon.

Whaaddya say? :confused3

Thinking along the same line. Last year, DD raised about $300 for her half. I know if she runs the full next year, she will do the same thing. Good fundraising potential with the number of dads that are running and all us old men rooting from the sidelines.

FreezinRafiki
02-23-2012, 06:20 AM
I'm not even allowed to leave the state let alone go to Florida to compete against you in a silly race. :lmao::lmao:

Court ordered? GPS monitoring ankle bracelet? There sounds like a story here...

I'd bet we could turn that into a GKTW fundraising event - the rest of us Dads helping to collect sponsors for your relay run. Maybe make it a race -- you guys running the relay vs. Ryan running the regular Marahon.

Whaaddya say? :confused3

:scratchin Hmmmmm

cj9200
02-23-2012, 11:05 AM
Just tried to book my room but DVC Member Services is down until 3ish. Plan to book a 1BR at the Boardwalk.

that's nice
02-23-2012, 11:07 AM
Court ordered? GPS monitoring ankle bracelet? There sounds like a story here...

My parole agent won't let me leave (without her). :lmao:

AJRitz
02-23-2012, 11:19 AM

Heh. No. They only let you divide it into two. I heard several folks - I think some here on the board and some podcasters, talking about how the relay was a better experience than just running the Half-Marathon. They liked the course better and the overall experience was better (because the Half-Marathon, by itself, is sort of a stepchild of the full Marathon).

And, of course, I just talk a good game. Running a half-mile for me these days would probably take a full year of training (at least) :headache:

that's nice
02-23-2012, 11:28 AM
Heh. No. They only let you divide it into two. I heard several folks - I think some here on the board and some podcasters, talking about how the relay was a better experience than just running the Half-Marathon. They liked the course better and the overall experience was better (because the Half-Marathon, by itself, is sort of a stepchild of the full Marathon).
So, Barry and I would have to be on the same team? No way! :sad2:

I rather run next to him and try to push him off course. :rotfl2:

And, of course, I just talk a good game. Running a half-mile for me these days would probably take a full year of training (at least) :headache:
Well, it is 10 months till the race. :scratchin

cj9200
02-23-2012, 11:37 AM
So, Barry and I would have to be on the same team? No way! :sad2:

I like it. Ultimate Fighting Marathon Relay. Maybe a PPV event.

And you can count me out on running. Still couldn't walk that far.

Goofy + 3
02-23-2012, 12:40 PM

i would agree. I only did the half but would have preferred to do the full relay. I only spent about 3 or 4 miles in the parks for the half but with the relay - especially the 2nd leg- it would be much more. Being in the park really makes you forget about the pain! With the 2nd leg you get to go through three parks instead of just two.

theduck619
02-23-2012, 02:35 PM

Maybe we could break into multiple teams of two for a little Dis competition :confused3

Cinderella's Fella
02-23-2012, 02:56 PM
Maybe we could break into multiple teams of two for a little Dis competition :confused3

Yea, break into teams of two, yeah that's the ticket. :rolleyes1I'll get to hold two Dole Whips! :rolleyes1

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g447/rnaspapa/dl195.jpghttp://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g447/rnaspapa/dl195.jpg

middlepat
02-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Yea, break into teams of two, yeah that's the ticket. :rolleyes1I'll get to hold two Dole Whips! :rolleyes1

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g447/rnaspapa/dl195.jpghttp://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g447/rnaspapa/dl195.jpg

I'll pass out these. Randall, we would make a good team.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/MickeyBarRooks.jpghttp://www.disneyfoodblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/MickeyBarRooks.jpg

FreezinRafiki
02-27-2012, 11:41 AM
My parole agent won't let me leave (without her). :lmao:

Well? Did you get permission to leave the the state yet?

that's nice
02-27-2012, 11:53 AM
Well? Did you get permission to leave the the state yet?

You always have a comment.... :rolleyes1

Yes. I am allowed to leave the state... and head to VT to buy some REAL cheese and go snowboarding. :woohoo:

Cinderella's Fella
02-27-2012, 12:03 PM

Yes. I am allowed to leave the state... and head to VT to buy some REAL cheese and go snowboarding. :woohoo:

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g447/rnaspapa/laughing-monkey.gif

stopher1
02-27-2012, 12:03 PM

:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

FreezinRafiki
02-27-2012, 12:30 PM

You know that SNL sketch where Chris Farley's Matt Foley eats a steady diet of government cheese and lives in a van down by the river? Ever wonder where the government gets that bulk, inexpensive, low-grade "cheese"? You're probably expecting me to say Vermont - but even the government has standards.

And be careful snowboarding - I hear bones get brittle in old age. :rolleyes1

scott2997
02-27-2012, 12:32 PM
You know that SNL sketch where Chris Farley's Matt Foley eats a steady diet of government cheese and lives in a van down by the river? Ever wonder where the government gets that bulk, inexpensive, low-grade "cheese"? You're probably expecting me to say Vermont - but even the government has standards.

popcorn::

that's nice
02-27-2012, 12:53 PM
Now that's a low blow... even for you. :rolleyes:

What am I, a year older than you? Remember, you are about to have kid #3.. that is sure to shave some years off your life. :p

that's nice
02-27-2012, 12:54 PM
popcorn::

You enjoying this Scott? Watch out, Barry might come after you next! :rotfl:

stopher1
02-27-2012, 12:56 PM
You enjoying this Scott?

I know that I AM. :cool2:

scott2997
02-27-2012, 12:59 PM
You enjoying this Scott? Watch out, Barry might come after you next! :rotfl:

I hope you're both coming to the convention - I'd love to see this banter in person! :thumbsup2

that's nice
02-27-2012, 01:06 PM
I know that I AM. :cool2:
You might be hit by shrapnel next. :eek:

I hope you're both coming to the convention - I'd love to see this banter in person! :thumbsup2

Barry, doesn't want any part of me. I bet he'd even find some sly way to back out of running in the marathon if I actually challenged him. :lmao::lmao:

FreezinRafiki
02-27-2012, 01:11 PM
What am I, a year older than you? Remember, you are about to have kid #3.. that is sure to shave some years off your life. :p
After years of deep fried cheese, I'm in peak physical condition. I'm not worried.

Barry, doesn't want any part of me. I bet he'd even find some sly way to back out of running in the marathon if I actually challenged him. :lmao::lmao:
Says the guy who's wife won't let him go. :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

stopher1
02-27-2012, 01:11 PM
You might be hit by shrapnel next. :eek:

I can't imagine why. I don't live in Wisconsin. ;)

So challenge him and find out. :laughing:

I know you wouldn't find me running a marathon... but he has, at least the 5K. So you just might lose that bet if you made it.

FreezinRafiki
02-27-2012, 01:43 PM
So challenge him and find out. :laughing:

I know you wouldn't find me running a marathon... but he has, at least the 5K. So you just might lose that bet if you made it.

Listen to him, Tim. I wouldn't want to see you end up hurt or embarrassed.

Wait, now that I think about it, I just might.

stopher1
02-27-2012, 02:36 PM

Too true, too true.

cj9200
02-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Go off the boards for a few days and all He** breaks out. You two stop it or I am tuning this car around. Don't think I won't. And Stopher, quit egging them on and get in the back of the station wagon.

FreezinRafiki
02-27-2012, 03:24 PM
Go off the boards for a few days and all He** breaks out. You two stop it or I am tuning this car around. Don't think I won't. And Stopher, quit egging them on and get in the back of the station wagon.

My Official Position On This Matter: Tim Started It.

afwdwfan
02-27-2012, 03:32 PM

I can see it right now... I'm picturing that ESPN commercial with Peyton and Eli Manning walking down the hallway kicking each other.:lmao::rotfl2:

Says the guy who's wife won't let him go. :rolleyes1:rolleyes1
I know how that works. :sad2:

I've been seeing how much fun everyone had at the marathon, and I just listened to the WDW Radio podcast about the marathon last week, and I started thinking it looks like something that might be fun to try... and I HATE running. When I played basketball last night, after about the 5th trip down the court, my opinion about a marathon officially became "screw that."

stopher1
02-27-2012, 03:40 PM

Too late.

Barry started it.

Tim continued it.

I ran with it. :rotfl:

And there's no stopping it... at least, not until January.

theduck619
02-27-2012, 03:54 PM
Too late.

Barry started it.

Tim continued it.

Please continue....I am finding this quite amusing :lmao:

cj9200
02-27-2012, 06:35 PM
Too late.

Barry started it.

Tim continued it.

I tried. So my conscience is clear. Time to join in. But on which side? Barry, Tim or should I encourage both of them?

stopher1
02-27-2012, 07:58 PM
I tried. So my conscience is clear. Time to join in. But on which side? Barry, Tim or should I encourage both of them?

Definitely Tim.

Yes, Tim.

FreezinRafiki
02-27-2012, 08:16 PM

Definitely Tim.

Yes, Tim.

Do not give in to the power of the Dark Side!

Besides, we have better cheese over here. Just ask Tim - I don't see Vermont offering Chocolate Cheese. :rolleyes1

stopher1
02-27-2012, 09:20 PM
Do not give in to the power of the Dark Side!

Besides, we have better cheese over here. Just ask Tim - I don't see Vermont offering Chocolate Cheese. :rolleyes1

Bleh. So - what do they do there in Wisconsin - add chocolate sauce to velveeta and call it chocolate cheese? :confused3

Too late oh youngling. Lest you forget, (which apparently you have - because it was only like 9 or 10 threads ago when lines in the sand were drawn, sabers rattled, and Nemesis sides were drawn...), my allegiance was bound with Timmy long ago. Despite my fondness for a number of your bad puns and jokes, (and you taking me to dinner) and that adorable little princess UND GENIUS of yours, Madison - I am a DJ-dude at heart, not an IT-dude. (even though I do play one now in my company) .

Plus these dudes ROCK and over time have RULED the world...

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm34/stopher1_photos/2006-09303.jpg

...of baseball...

even though you are mistaken enough not to believe it to be so.

Besides, my namesake is in his household... not yours.

cj9200
02-27-2012, 11:44 PM
Stopher, very persuasive arguments. Especially the Yankees point. NOT!

I spent the night (OK, a couple of seconds) weighing my options.

Both are good family men who somehow talked their wives into marrying them. Both have children that are beautiful, intelligent, and destined for greatness (traits obviously inherited from their spouses).

The determining factors were:

U. Conn. cost me the Dis Dad March Madness Tournament
Wisconsin has cow pies and cow chips

So Barry, it would be an honor sir if you appoint me as your second. "You may take our lives but you will never take our cheese curds."

Now go away or I will taunt you a second time.

DisneyDadC
02-28-2012, 07:36 AM
Wow i spend the day at the hospital with my wife only to come home to see the convention thread being hijacked. Also to find out that now we are choosing on backing one of two dads on an issue:rotfl2:I see so far the parties are split with each one grabbing a backer.As stated in previous post both are great dads,husbands,have great children etc,etc,etc.It seems others are backing one or the other based on products from their home states. Well let me say this. One has sent me some cheese and one has sent me some beer ,each from their respective state. So :rolleyes1 Now if they would both send a sample of the the opposite product they have have previous sent me then I will have had both products from both guys from both states :thumbsup2 Then maybe I could throw my backing one way or the other.

Cinderella's Fella
02-28-2012, 07:54 AM
Wow i spend the day at the hospital with my wife only to come home to see the convention thread being hijacked. Also to find out that now we are choosing on backing one of two dads on an issue:rotfl2:I see so far the parties are split with each one grabbing a backer.As stated in previous post both are great dads,husbands,have great children etc,etc,etc.It seems others are backing one or the other based on products from their home states. Well let me say this. One has sent me some cheese and one has sent me some beer ,each from their respective state. So :rolleyes1 Now if they would both send a sample of the the opposite product they have have previous sent me then I will have had both products from both guys from both states :thumbsup2 Then maybe I could throw my backing one way or the other.

I hope your DW is ok!

afwdwfan
02-28-2012, 08:04 AM
Why do we really have to pick a side? I prefer to just take random shots at both of them and then stand back and watch.:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

that's nice
02-28-2012, 08:09 AM

Dem are fightin' words... :headache:

My Official Position On This Matter: Tim Started It.
I'm not so sure about this.... you want to look again. :surfweb:

I've been seeing how much fun everyone had at the marathon, and I just listened to the WDW Radio podcast about the marathon last week, and I started thinking it looks like something that might be fun to try... and I HATE running. When I played basketball last night, after about the 5th trip down the court, my opinion about a marathon officially became "screw that."
:lmao::lmao: :lmao::lmao:

stopher1
02-28-2012, 08:09 AM
Why do we really have to pick a side? I prefer to just take random shots at both of them and then stand back and watch.:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Hey, if that's your plan, I say stick with it! :rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

that's nice
02-28-2012, 08:11 AM
If you're smart you'll choose my side. ::yes::

Definitely Tim.

Yes, Tim.

Why, thank you Stopher! :banana::banana:

stopher1
02-28-2012, 08:11 AM
Dem are fightin' words... :headache:

Exactly. And I'm not even running.

And I never did anything to him. :littleangel:

that's nice
02-28-2012, 08:14 AM
Bleh. So - what do they do there in Wisconsin - add chocolate sauce to velveeta and call it chocolate cheese? :confused3
:lmao::lmao:

Too late oh youngling. Lest you forget, (which apparently you have - because it was only like 9 or 10 threads ago when lines in the sand were drawn, sabers rattled, and Nemesis sides were drawn...), my allegiance was bound with Timmy long ago. Despite my fondness for a number of your bad puns and jokes, (and you taking me to dinner) and that adorable little princess UND GENIUS of yours, Madison - I am a DJ-dude at heart, not an IT-dude. (even though I do play one now in my company) .

Plus these dudes ROCK and over time have RULED the world...

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm34/stopher1_photos/2006-09303.jpg

...of baseball...

even though you are mistaken enough not to believe it to be so.

Besides, my namesake is in his household... not yours.
:welcome: aboard Christopher!!!

Looks like it's 2-1!!! :woohoo::woohoo:

Stopher, very persuasive arguments. Especially the Yankees point. NOT!

I spent the night (OK, a couple of seconds) weighing my options.

Both are good family men who somehow talked their wives into marrying them. Both have children that are beautiful, intelligent, and destined for greatness (traits obviously inherited from their spouses).

The determining factors were:

U. Conn. cost me the Dis Dad March Madness Tournament
Wisconsin has cow pies and cow chips

So Barry, it would be an honor sir if you appoint me as your second. "You may take our lives but you will never take our cheese curds."

Now go away or I will taunt you a second time.
Say it ain't so C.J.! :sad2:

I thought we had a bond. I am like your long lost son. I drove into that garage door for YOU! :sad1: :sad1:

I guess it's 2-2 now.

that's nice
02-28-2012, 08:17 AM
First off Carl.. I hope everything is OK with your DW.

Second, beer trumps cheese EVERY TIME. ::yes:: Just sayin' :rolleyes1

Way to stay neutral. :sad2: :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Exactly. And I'm not even running.

And I never did anything to him. :littleangel:
Yes, you are an angel. ::yes::

:rotfl::rotfl:

stopher1
02-28-2012, 08:21 AM
Hey Tim! You're just 20 away from a big milestone!

middlepat
02-28-2012, 08:22 AM

I'm with Andy. Too much fun sitting back and randomly taking shots.

So the way I see it now is as follows:

Tim: 2 (Stopher)
Barry: 2 (CJ)

Random: 2 (Andy / Brian)
Declared Undecided: 1 (Carl)
Undeclared Undecided: 679

Any other categories I'm missing? :confused3

stopher1
02-28-2012, 08:23 AM
Yes, you are an angel. ::yes::

Why thank you sir! ::yes::

cj9200
02-28-2012, 08:37 AM
Wow i spend the day at the hospital with my wife only to come home to see the convention thread being hijacked.

Carl, hope Deb is doing OK.

that's nice
02-28-2012, 08:42 AM
Hey Tim! You're just 20 away from a big milestone!
I didn't even notice... that snuck up on me. :eek:

So whose side are you on Brian? :confused3

middlepat
02-28-2012, 08:57 AM
So whose side are you on Brian? :confused3

I'm in the Random bucket with Andy... of course this means my loyalty can be bought. :lmao:

cj9200
02-28-2012, 09:07 AM

Can't blame you Andy. There is so much material to pick on with both sides. And that includes the principal characters and their seconds.

Say it ain't so C.J.! :sad2:

I thought we had a bond. I am like your long lost son. I drove into that garage door for YOU! :sad1: :sad1:

I guess it's 2-2 now.

That was another reason. I just got my car insurance renewal (insert scary and passing out smiley things). First one since Crash's two crashes. I couldn't afford you.

It is not just numbers but quality of the participants. I think we win hands down.

DisneyDadC
02-28-2012, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the get well wishes for my wife I put a small description of her issue on the prayers page as to not hijack this one even more:rotfl2:
Tim I do agree that beer trump cheese every time. That is why I am hoping maybe Barry will send me some beer,and then I may be able to choose a side based on an equal evaluations.:thumbsup2

scott2997
02-28-2012, 10:17 AM
Can't we all just compromise and go with Beer Cheese?!? It's good stuff - especially with a soft pretzel!

:rotfl2:

Cinderella's Fella
02-28-2012, 10:31 AM
Can't we all just compromise and go with Beer Cheese?!? It's good stuff - especially with a soft pretzel!

Really Scott?!? Beer Cheese?!? That's your answer to everything!!!

that's nice
02-28-2012, 10:38 AM

Really Scott?!? Beer Cheese?!? That's your answer to everything!!!

Yes, there is a thing as cheese beer. A few months back I made a bet with Barry on the Giants/Packers game. I won and Barry graciously (he was probably nauseous doing it) added some cheese with the beer he owed me. One of the cheeses was Beer Cheese!

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/random%20pics/DSC03257.jpg

FreezinRafiki
02-28-2012, 10:43 AM

I was all ready to get upset at this comment, instead I'll let a rather unexpected source back me up on this.

OH TIMMY! Wasn't it you that asked where I got that wonderful chocolate cheese that was in your "Packers won but didn't cover the spread" package? And where it was that you could get some more?

I'm honored to have you!

One has sent me some cheese and one has sent me some beer ,each from their respective state. So :rolleyes1 Now if they would both send a sample of the the opposite product they have have previous sent me then I will have had both products from both guys from both states :thumbsup2 Then maybe I could throw my backing one way or the other.
Carl, let me warn you. If you eat Connecticut cheese, you might as well get comfy in that hospital - you'll be there for quit a while. Leave the beer and cheese to the professionals out here.

(Serisouly, though, prayers for your wife. Sounds like a scary situation. )

I'm not so sure about this.... you want to look again. :surfweb:

Oh, I'm not saying that's what happened, I'm saying that's my story. :rolleyes1

:
Now that's the best idea I've heard today!

Cinderella's Fella
02-28-2012, 10:47 AM
Yes, there is a thing as cheese beer. A few months back I made a bet with Barry on the Giants/Packers game. I won and Barry graciously (he was probably nauseous doing it) added some cheese with the beer he owed me. One of the cheeses was Beer Cheese!

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/random%20pics/DSC03257.jpg

But is it Darn Good?

http://www.zacstout.com/images/adeles-beer-cheese.jpg

afwdwfan
02-28-2012, 10:52 AM

Well, my logic behind my decision is that Stopher is backing Tim seemingly based on their interest in the Yankees. Since Tim is a Yankees fan and Barry is a Cubs fan, there is no way that I can, in good conscience, support either one of them exclusively.

I would think you and Barry would be on the same team though since you're both Cubs fans and he wore his Tower of Terror shirt in an elevator with Mark. :rolleyes1

stopher1
02-28-2012, 10:58 AM
Well, my logic behind my decision is that Stopher is backing Tim seemingly based on their interest in the Yankees. Since Tim is a Yankees fan and Barry is a Cubs fan, there is no way that I can, in good conscience, support either one of them exclusively.

Oh there is more to it than that. :rotfl: But that alone is a very good reason.

But to be perfectly frank - I support Barry too. I have a certain allegiance to him as well, even though I'm not disclosing such things here, unless he says I can.

But since they are Nemesises - and I swore an allegiance to Tim on his side of the frackas 9, 10 or was it 11 threads ago... I'm sticking with it. :) Loyalty is one of my character traits. Same as Cubs fans. :rotfl:

that's nice
02-28-2012, 11:01 AM
I was all ready to get upset at this comment, instead I'll let a rather unexpected source back me up on this.

OH TIMMY! Wasn't it you that asked where I got that wonderful chocolate cheese that was in your "Packers won but didn't cover the spread" package? And where it was that you could get some more?

I have had about enough of your worthless banter. You want to put your money where your mouth is?

I will put it here in writing for all the world to see.

I CHALLENGE you to run against me in the WDW 1/2 Marathon in January. I know you will probably come up with some sorry excuse like 'I have no place to leave the dogs' or 'It's against my religion' or 'Bambi won't let me.'

The challenge is on the table... unless you are too chicken.

http://90ie.ru/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/nazad-v-bydyshee-nobody-call-me-chicken.jpg

FreezinRafiki
02-28-2012, 11:07 AM
I have had about enough of your worthless banter. You want to put your money where your mouth is?

I CHALLENGE you to run against me in the WDW 1/2 Marathon in January. I know you will probably come up with some sorry excuse like 'I have no place to leave the dogs' or 'It's against my religion' or 'Bambi won't let me.'

http://90ie.ru/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/nazad-v-bydyshee-nobody-call-me-chicken.jpg

GAME ON!!!

I'll be there. You won't know it's me, because all you'll see the back of my shirt as I leave you gasping for air a basking in my awesomness.

stopher1
02-28-2012, 11:11 AM

:thumbsup2

GAME ON!!!

I'll be there. You won't know it's me, because all you'll see the back of my shirt as I leave you gasping for air a basking in my awesomness.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

:woohoo: Finally.

Good play Timmy.

Good acceptance Barry.

:cool2:

Cinderella's Fella
02-28-2012, 11:15 AM

GAME ON!!!

Aaron does the Swag Shop have DISDad's Team Barry / Team Tim t-shirts yet? :rotfl2:

that's nice
02-28-2012, 11:24 AM
GAME ON!!!

We'll see about that... want to up the stakes? Want to place a wager on it? popcorn::

that's nice
02-28-2012, 11:25 AM
Aaron does the Swag Shop have DISDad's Team Barry / Team Tim t-shirts yet? :rotfl2:

Good idea! Make Barry's the color of Wisconsin cheese... GREEN! :crazy2:

FreezinRafiki
02-28-2012, 11:36 AM
An EPIC Clash of Titans (oh, and Tim will be there too) calls for an EPIC Pre-Trip Report. And there just happens to be one here:

Nemesis Challenge: It's OK to Finish Next-To-Last, As Long As I Beat HIM (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2885526)

middlepat
02-28-2012, 11:54 AM

I would think you and Barry would be on the same team though since you're both Cubs fans and he wore his Tower of Terror shirt in an elevator with Mark. :rolleyes1

Andy, you are right that there is the common bonds of Cubs / terrorizing the good Captain, but on the other hand we have the whole Bears / Packers thing as well as the Illinois / Wisconsin thing.

2 for, and 2 against - puts me square in the middle and willing to take shots at both.

that's nice
02-28-2012, 11:55 AM
An EPIC Clash of Titans (oh, and Tim will be there too) calls for an EPIC Pre-Trip Report. And there just happens to be one here:

Nemesis Challenge: It's OK to Finish Next-To-Last, As Long As I Beat HIM (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2885526)

Now we can let this thread go back to it's regularly scheduled programming... popcorn::popcorn::

Cinderella's Fella
02-28-2012, 11:55 AM

Well played Guys, Well played! :thumbsup2

afwdwfan
02-28-2012, 11:58 AM

Now we can let this thread go back to it's regularly scheduled programming... popcorn::popcorn::

Andy, you are right that there is the common bonds of Cubs / terrorizing the good Captain, but on the other hand we have the whole Bears / Packers thing as well as the Illinois / Wisconsin thing.

2 for, and 2 against - puts me square in the middle and willing to take shots at both.
Well, I guess it is time to move this topic of discussion over to their PTR so the fortunate ones who are actually going to attend convention can get back to business around here.

Is anybody going to be keeping track of who's on which team over in the PTR?:lmao:

that's nice
02-28-2012, 12:13 PM
Well played Guys, Well played! :thumbsup2
Why thank you! :rotfl2:

Well, I guess it is time to move this topic of discussion over to their PTR so the fortunate ones who are actually going to attend convention can get back to business around here.

Is anybody going to be keeping track of who's on which team over in the PTR?:lmao:

Yes, we will be keeping track over there... unless you are volunteering. :confused3 :rolleyes:

IndyDisney
03-02-2012, 09:48 PM
So.....

Is anyone seriously considering running the half marathon over DisDads Convention weekend?

I'm interested, never having run one, but having it on my bucket list....And this would be a perfect opportunity.

Now only if I can figure out how to work out DW's vacation so we can attend....

Cheer,
Indy

FreezinRafiki
03-02-2012, 10:18 PM
So.....

Is anyone seriously considering running the half marathon over DisDads Convention weekend?

I'm interested, never having run one, but having it on my bucket list....And this would be a perfect opportunity.

Cheer,
Indy

I think there are others, but for sure Tim and I are. We've never done it either but posed a challenge to one another to get in shape and do it. Check out our PTR/training blog link in my signature. The more the merrier!:thumbsup2

DisneyDadC
03-03-2012, 09:25 AM
ok dads all this talk about the marathons really has me interested. I have been looking into doing one for a bit now. My only problem is I dont run. I dont jog,I dont walk fast... Get my point ? when I walk i walk anywhere from about 13 to 15 min miles. I think Disney set the slowest pace allowed at 16 min mile is this true? if so I could in theory walk the whole thing and still finish in time. I was looking at the times for this years race and se many peopl past the 16 minute mile:confused3

Bib FName LName City State Country Div Age Sex ChipTime ClockTime Overall SexPl DivPl AgeGrade 5K Split 10K Split 15K Split
STAFFORD VA WOMEN -- 40 THROUGH 44 44 F 3:51:11 4:03:04 22176 12152 1752 30.8% 0:41:02 1:27:05 2:23:37
WINCHESTER KY WOMEN -- 30 THROUGH 34 30 F 3:51:12 4:24:12 22177 12153 1855 28.5% 0:50:57 1:49:10 2:48:52
50214 KENDALL BERTAGNOLE CASPER

A question I have is what is the Chip time? And what is the clock time??

Me seeing people doing it at a slower pace may convince me to try it.

FreezinRafiki
03-03-2012, 07:53 PM
ok dads all this talk about the marathons really has me interested. I have been looking into doing one for a bit now. My only problem is I dont run. I dont jog,I dont walk fast... Get my point ? when I walk i walk anywhere from about 13 to 15 min miles. I think Disney set the slowest pace allowed at 16 min mile is this true? if so I could in theory walk the whole thing and still finish in time. I was looking at the times for this years race and se many peopl past the 16 minute mile:confused3

Bib FName LName City State Country Div Age Sex ChipTime ClockTime Overall SexPl DivPl AgeGrade 5K Split 10K Split 15K Split
STAFFORD VA WOMEN -- 40 THROUGH 44 44 F 3:51:11 4:03:04 22176 12152 1752 30.8% 0:41:02 1:27:05 2:23:37
WINCHESTER KY WOMEN -- 30 THROUGH 34 30 F 3:51:12 4:24:12 22177 12153 1855 28.5% 0:50:57 1:49:10 2:48:52
50214 KENDALL BERTAGNOLE CASPER

A question I have is what is the Chip time? And what is the clock time??

Me seeing people doing it at a slower pace may convince me to try it.

Clock time starts as soon as the starter gun goes off. But if you're in the back of the starting field, the clock may be showing 5 minutes before you even cross the start line. They give you a little microchip to put on your shoe that starts your "chip time" as soon as you cross the start line. So the clock time is how long it takes to finish after the official start of the race, chip time is how long it took you to complete the course.

You should go for it Carl! You've got time to train - even if you jog every other mile or so.

jmwest
03-04-2012, 04:36 PM
So.....

Cheer,
Indy

I might be trying to do this also as part of my weight loss plan. We shall see.

Cinderella's Fella
03-05-2012, 12:41 PM
I was think that we need to start figuring out who is going and what they need as far as a room. As in, I am going and I will be bringing SHE, so, I will be getting a room for us to share. But some of the Dads are going solo and might want to share. So who wants to share? And are there any DVC owners who will share?

And maybe some Dads who would like to go, but don't think they can afford to, can share and get to go!

twokids0204
03-05-2012, 05:24 PM
I was think that we need to start figuring out who is going and what they need as far as a room. As in, I am going and I will be bringing SHE, so, I will be getting a room for us to share. But some of the Dads are going solo and might want to share. So who wants to share? And are there any DVC owners who will share?

And maybe some Dads who would like to go, but don't think they can afford to, can share and get to go!

I am still up in the air... am stoked to go, just have to figure out the logistics, and funds.

But If I am going... I would be going solo, and would love to share a room.

cj9200
03-05-2012, 06:35 PM

I have a 1BR at the Boardwalk but not sure if DD is going with me. If she doesn't go, I will have room for someone. The problem is I won't know until much later in the year.

FreezinRafiki
03-05-2012, 08:53 PM

We'll be there, probably Jan 11-14. We haven't booked yet, but will probably be in a DVC studio to save points. Anyone is welcome to crash on the floor, Ryder will not even be a year yet, so you'll be on diaper duty. :thumbsup2

theduck619
03-06-2012, 04:29 AM
My family will be coming with me. Barry I have 2 daughters who could be assigned to diaper duty if you need them :thumbsup2

Of course, I know you will save the best for Tim after you beat him in the race :cool1:

IamTrike
03-06-2012, 08:31 AM
I'm in, but DW and I will also be there to celebrate our anniversary so room sharing could be mighty awkward.

theduck619
03-06-2012, 11:29 AM
I'm in, but DW and I will also be there to celebrate our anniversary so room sharing could be mighty awkward.

For who :lmao::rotfl2:

unclescrooge_0707
03-06-2012, 09:37 PM
So, just how real is the convention?

And, what are plans currently consisting of?

Just in case, I contacted my down-the-street neighbor, who is a certified running coach. I figure, I'd rather be ready to run and not go, compared to deciding to go and then being out of shape.

The current plan is marathon weekend, yes?

While I really, REALLY doubt i'm going to make it, Feivel said never say never.

Dreams are easy. Reality is.... reality.

scott2997
03-07-2012, 10:08 AM
Does anyone have a list of the people going to the convention so far - or the ones that think they are going?

Maybe we can add a post to page one of this thread or something.

Doc? Just a thought.

theduck619
03-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Does anyone have a list of the people going to the convention so far - or the ones that think they are going?

Doc? Just a thought.

I think it was on the other version of this thread. I believe we had 10-14 originally. It sounds like that number may have grown a little.

Cinderella's Fella
03-09-2012, 08:52 AM

Doc? Just a thought.

Don has set up a who is going in the Vacation post on page 1 of the fatherthread. If you want to be added, just send him a PM. (You might have to remind him to check his PM's.)

Emma's Dad
03-09-2012, 09:00 AM
Dang, Randall... beat me to this thread! :lmao:

Hey guys! Anyone who is confident about making it to the DIS Dads convention in Jan 2013 and would like to be put on the list on page one, please PM me. Exact dates are not necessary at this time. :thumbsup2

And I'll be better about my PM's, too :rolleyes1

Cinderella's Fella
03-09-2012, 09:06 AM
Dang, Randall... beat me to this thread! :lmao:

Hey guys! Anyone who is confident about making it to the DIS Dads convention in Jan 2013 and would like to be put on the list on page one, please PM me. Exact dates are not necessary at this time. :thumbsup2

And I'll be better about my PM's, too :rolleyes1

Now, where have I heard that before?

Emma's Dad
03-09-2012, 09:16 AM
Now, where have I heard that before?

SmilingGrump
03-16-2012, 02:34 PM
I'm in!
I'll be coming down with my oldest daughter (8) but, do to school, we can only do 1 week which will be Jan 5-12 so we'll miss the last couple of days of the Convention, but we'll be there for the start!

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone! I'm especially looking forward to the look on my daughter's face when the wife and I tell her ... we're considering just picking her up at school and going to the airport ... but I don't know if I can keep the excitement bottled up that long (it's March, and I'm already starting to plan and dream .... )

that's nice
03-18-2012, 09:26 PM
Chris (DisDadDoc)

Is it possible to edit the first post and add who is going, where they are staying, and for how long? I was talking about Jan. with DW today and I'm trying to figure out where we are going to stay. Part of me wants to stay somewhere nice, but I have a feeling we aren't going to spend any time at the resort so I might just do a value.

She also threw out the idea of going down on Thursday and staying till Monday... That is going to have to get discussed. It does sound like we are leaving the kids home for the weekend though. :confused:

theduck619
03-19-2012, 05:37 AM
Chris (DisDadDoc)

Is it possible to edit the first post and add who is going, where they are staying, and for how long? I was talking about Jan. with DW today and I'm trying to figure out where we are going to stay. Part of me wants to stay somewhere nice, but I have a feeling we aren't going to spend any time at the resort so I might just do a value.

She also threw out the idea of going down on Thursday and staying till Monday... That is going to have to get discussed. It does sound like we are leaving the kids home for the weekend though. :confused:

I think at first POR,All Star, and WL were the resorts being discussed, but not sure. We are looking at Thurs through Monday as well.

Cinderella's Fella
03-19-2012, 06:17 AM
Chris (DisDadDoc)

I think at first POR,All Star, and WL were the resorts being discussed, but not sure. We are looking at Thurs through Monday as well.

As you know Don has started a list of who's going in the Vacation post on page one of the Fatherthread, also Aaron has started a thread in the DISDad's forums.

Emma's Dad
03-19-2012, 06:57 AM
Hmmmm... having three locations with info doesn't seem to be very efficient. :lmao: But right now that sounds like what we need.:confused3

theduck619
03-19-2012, 07:20 AM
As you know Don has started a list of who's going in the Vacation post on page one of the Fatherthread, also Aaron has started a thread in the DISDad's forums.

I was not aware so I apologize.

Cinderella's Fella
03-19-2012, 07:32 AM
I was not aware so I apologize.

It's cool David, no need to apologize. Better to hear it twice than not at all. :)

theduck619
03-19-2012, 07:37 AM
It's cool David, no need to apologize. Better to hear it twice than not at all. :)

Agreed :thumbsup2

that's nice
03-19-2012, 10:11 AM

Thanks I'll pop over there and see what's doing. I haven't had time for this website in the past week, let alone the other site. :headache:

:EDIT:: so I went there and I didn't see anything... got a link for me? :)

AJRitz
03-19-2012, 04:05 PM
Thanks I'll pop over there and see what's doing. I haven't had time for this website in the past week, let alone the other site. :headache:

:EDIT:: so I went there and I didn't see anything... got a link for me? :)

Here ya go! (http://boards.disdads.com/showthread.php?92-DISDads-Convention-Roll-Call-January-10-14-2013)

carlnix30
03-20-2012, 08:30 AM
Has a date been set in stone? I am feeling kind of out of the loop!

FreezinRafiki
03-20-2012, 08:42 AM
Has a date been set in stone? I am feeling kind of out of the loop!

Yes, marathon weekend (January 10-14). No official events have been planed yet.

that's nice
03-20-2012, 08:47 AM
Yes, marathon weekend (January 10-14). No official events have been planed yet.

So the 1/2 marathon isn't an official event? :confused3

Emma's Dad
03-20-2012, 08:52 AM

theduck619
03-20-2012, 09:13 AM

I guess we could show up in eam Barry shirts or Team Loser, um I mean Team Tim shirts and cheer you guys on :thumbsup2

(jk about the Team Loser)

FreezinRafiki
03-20-2012, 09:30 AM

I meant that so far, nothing has been placed on the DDC agenda.

I'm certainly planning on the 1/2 marathon and having my legion of supporters cheering me on to victory.

that's nice
03-20-2012, 09:39 AM
I guess we could show up in eam Barry shirts or Team Loser, um I mean Team Tim shirts and cheer you guys on :thumbsup2

(jk about the Team Loser)
I hope 100 people show up in team Barry shirts.... So you can watch me smoke him! :smokin: :lmao::lmao:

As far as we know... I need to get myself a DDC membership on the other board so I can read what is going on.

I'm certainly planning on the 1/2 marathon and having my legion of supporters cheering me on to victory.

What legion??

FreezinRafiki
03-20-2012, 09:46 AM
What legion??

Mostly Bambi and the kids.
I can see why you're thinking about leaving the kids at home for this trip. It would be pretty demoralizing for them to see you get whooped that badly.

that's nice
03-20-2012, 09:52 AM
Oh, I see.

I can see why you're thinking about leaving the kids at home for this trip. It would be pretty demoralizing for them to see you get whooped that badly.
Now that was just plain hurtful, even for you. :sad1:

FreezinRafiki
03-20-2012, 10:24 AM

Then I guess my job here is done. How about I buy you a Dole Whip to make it up to you?

DisneyDadC
03-20-2012, 10:43 AM

I hope 100 people show up in team Barry shirts.... So you can watch me smoke him! :smokin: :lmao::lmao:

As far as we know... I need to get myself a DDC membership on the other board so I can read what is going on.

What legion??

Oh, I see.

Then I guess my job here is done. How about I buy you a Dole Whip to make it up to you?

I got your back Tim.I will be waiting at the finish line with some cold ones (brand name need not be mentioned)..I just hope I have some left when you cross the finish line.

DisneyDadC
03-20-2012, 10:48 AM

I am with you on this one I am signed up but have not paid my dues yet:rotfl2: So I guess I dont know what is going on either.I guess this needs to be added to my to do list

cj9200
03-20-2012, 11:15 AM

We will have a few surprises for you Tim before, during and after the race. Be afraid, be very afraid. (Insert evil laugh)

that's nice
03-20-2012, 11:52 AM
As bad as I want to say no... I. Just. Can't!

Dole Whip it is! :thumbsup2

I got your back Tim.I will be waiting at the finish line with some cold ones (brand name need not be mentioned)..I just hope I have some left when you cross the finish line.
I don't care if you drink 100 of them... just leave 1 for me. :thumbsup2

I am with you on this one I am signed up but have not paid my dues yet:rotfl2: So I guess I dont know what is going on either.I guess this needs to be added to my to do list
::yes::

We will have a few surprises for you Tim before, during and after the race. Be afraid, be very afraid. (Insert evil laugh)
Ooooh I can't wait! :scared:

theduck619
03-20-2012, 12:34 PM
As bad as I want to say no... I. Just. Can't!

Dole Whip it is! :thumbsup2

I don't care if you drink 100 of them... just leave 1 for me. :thumbsup2

Ooooh I can't wait! :scared:

It's on like Donkey Kong :rotfl2::rotfl2:

DisneyDadC
03-20-2012, 04:06 PM
Hey guys I give you credit for running!!!

Tim,Barry

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s320x320/430019_262875590463937_192496424168521_577917_1306 855951_n.jpg

Emma's Dad
03-20-2012, 08:34 PM
HELLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Is there anybody out there? Just nod if you can hear me....

that's nice
03-20-2012, 08:40 PM
HELLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:wave2:

Emma's Dad
03-20-2012, 08:45 PM
Sorry... thought I was in the main thread! :lmao: The Hurricane is kicking my butt tonight...:sick: :rotfl2:

FreezinRafiki
03-20-2012, 09:06 PM
HELLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DEA
04-11-2012, 11:07 AM
So... DW has taken up running. She recently decided that a half marathon might be a good longer-term goal. Last night, she signed up for the Disney Half Marathon, saying, "I will go down there to run, and you can go do DisDads stuff."

Which made me feel a little lazy, as the best summary of "DisDads stuff" I can think of involves bacon and alcoholic beverages. So, I signed up as well. I will not talk smack about the race; I've run a half marathon before (long ago) and it's a long way to go and a lot can happen. Also, I am old and slow. Luckily, the course looks pretty flat and it will be fun to run through MK and Epcot.

scott2997
04-11-2012, 12:09 PM
So... DW has taken up running. She recently decided that a half marathon might be a good longer-term goal. Last night, she signed up for the Disney Half Marathon, saying, "I will go down there to run, and you can go do DisDads stuff."

Which made me feel a little lazy, as the best summary of "DisDads stuff" I can think of involves bacon and alcoholic beverages. So, I signed up as well. I will not talk smack about the race; I've run a half marathon before (long ago) and it's a long way to go and a lot can happen. Also, I am old and slow. Luckily, the course looks pretty flat and it will be fun to run through MK and Epcot.

Cool Eric! Glad you'll be joining us! :thumbsup2

Now all we need is Randall to insert a Sparkle "Team Eric" Banner here. :rotfl2:

cj9200
04-11-2012, 12:52 PM

Good for you and DW.

that's nice
04-12-2012, 11:02 AM

So are you joining Team Tim or Team Barry?

Don't know what I'm talking about? Come join in the fun!!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2885526

Oh, and congrats on signing up! :thumbsup2

DisneyDadC
05-08-2012, 08:43 AM
In need of bump. I see the list of dads going is growing. Good to see

Emma's Dad
05-08-2012, 08:51 AM
http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr261/scoopmachine11/i_dont_always_bump_a_thread_but_whe.jpg

that's nice
05-09-2012, 11:45 AM
I know there is a lot of planning going on over on the other site but can someone fill in the rest of us what the plans are (if there are any yet?) :goodvibes

Where is everyone staying and is there any events planned yet? :confused3

Cinderella's Fella
05-09-2012, 12:17 PM
I know there is a lot of planning going on over on the other site but can someone fill in the rest of us what the plans are (if there are any yet?) :goodvibes

Where is everyone staying and is there any events planned yet? :confused3

Does your Boo Boo keep you from limping over there?

Cinderella's Fella
05-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Tim will your walker let you click here (http://boards.disdads.com/showthread.php?126-DISDads-Convention-2013-Scheduling-amp-Planning-Thread)?

that's nice
05-09-2012, 01:03 PM
Tim will your walker let you click here (http://boards.disdads.com/showthread.php?126-DISDads-Convention-2013-Scheduling-amp-Planning-Thread)?
I don't have permission to access that page... I think there is $ involved. :rolleyes2

:rolleyes1:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Cinderella's Fella
05-09-2012, 01:11 PM
I don't have permission to access that page... I think there is $ involved. :rolleyes2

:rolleyes1:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Crud!

that's nice
05-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Crud!

I guess it is time to ante up. :duck:

blueferral
05-09-2012, 01:33 PM
i didn't have access either. I clicked on "whats new" and it took me to the infor on reservations. Then I hit it again and nothing.

Cinderella's Fella
05-09-2012, 03:01 PM
It is set as in the pay area to protect the travel information that people are listing there. You can subscribe for as little as $1. If this is a problem please send Aaron a PM and he will try to work with you.

AJRitz
05-09-2012, 11:44 PM
It is set as in the pay area to protect the travel information that people are listing there. You can subscribe for as little as $1. If this is a problem please send Aaron a PM and he will try to work with you.

What he said.

I started to post more detail here, but then realized that doing so would probably be considered a bannable offense by TPTB around here. So I'll post it over in the DISDads thread over at the other place.

AJRitz
06-05-2012, 11:42 PM
Official Convention Resort pricing is here!
http://disdads.com/archives/2692

DisneyDadC
06-06-2012, 08:18 AM
Should be a good trip history will be made for the DDC. Are you going to be part of that history???? Sure hope so

DisneyDadC
06-18-2012, 08:04 AM
Almost down to 180 and days. Come join the fun book your trip now. Dont miss out on this historical first DDC.

Cinderella's Fella
07-13-2012, 06:09 AM
For those of you who haven't seen it yet, Aaron as posted Convention room, ticket and dining prices here. (http://disdads.com/archives/2876) :cool1:

DisneyDadC
07-22-2012, 11:14 AM
Dis Dad OKW Party room Dining arrangements..

Thurs Crystal Palace 1pm--- lunch
Thurs: 5pm WHispering Caynon (group)
Friday: 12:30 Biergarten--- Lunch
Friday 6:05pm Le Cellier--- Dinner
Possible night time Kitchen sink!!!!
Saturday: Lunch Flametree (group)
Saturday 6:30pm Ohana---Dinner
SUnday: Brunch at Kona

Note: Breakfast will in room,Bacon, Pork roll, sausage. pancakes,Waffles, Eggs,Toast, coffee, oj and beer

DisneyDadC
07-22-2012, 11:15 AM

SUnday: Brunch at Kona

Note: Breakfast will in room,Bacon, Pork roll, sausage. pancakes,Waffles, Eggs,Toast, coffee, oj and beer

All of these will be followed by a night time of BEER after park closes.

DisDadDoc
07-22-2012, 07:49 PM

SUnday: 10:30am Brunch at Kona

Updated the Kona time! :thumbsup2

disneydad78
07-23-2012, 12:00 AM
man this sounds like alot of fun. Im taking the wife and kids in Dec. I will not be able to make Jan. O well , I voted for MAy. Thats OK guys , I hope you all have a BLAST!!!! :cool1::cool1:

Cinderella's Fella
07-27-2012, 06:17 AM
Disney has finally posted January hours! :cheer2:

Gentlemen, start your spreadsheets! :surfweb:

DisneyDadC
07-27-2012, 07:16 AM
Disney has finally posted January hours! :cheer2:

Gentlemen, start your spreadsheets! :surfweb:

There is no planning. Just go with what ever seems to work for the day.Thats the good thing about being solo. Myself and others can be anywhere at anytime we can be as close as a phone call away.