PDA

View Full Version : place to stay near Universal

Tinkmom75
12-20-2011, 08:03 PM
Is there a good condo or townhome rental place closer to Universal than Windsor Hills. We are going to Universal for a few days coming up and looking for a place to stay.

conniehar90
12-22-2011, 11:30 AM
I can't help with your question but I just wanted to post that we stayed at Windsor Hills last summer and visited Universal on two days. It was no problem - just jump on I-4 and it is about 15 minutes. If you are doing Disney and Universal I personally would stay put in Windsor Hills rather than packing up and moving around.

Metro West
12-22-2011, 12:57 PM
Is there a good condo or townhome rental place closer to Universal than Windsor Hills. We are going to Universal for a few days coming up and looking for a place to stay. Orange County is not zoned for short term rentals and other than timeshares, there are no other options. There are some timeshares around the Universal/SeaWorld area but I'm not sure how you'd get in contact with them.

sjanus
12-23-2011, 07:33 PM
Orange County is not zoned for short term rentals and other than timeshares, there are no other options. There are some timeshares around the Universal/SeaWorld area but I'm not sure how you'd get in contact with them.

There is Vista Cay Resort located on Universal Boulevard is a short-term rental resort of condos and townhomes and is about 3-4 miles from Universal. The resort itself is located on Universal Boulevard next to the Convention Center. You can find some units on www.***************** by owners and many on www.homeaway.com or www.vrbo.com. Click on the Orlando area and there will be a sub area of Orlando with less places, and here you will find some great places.

This is the only short-term rental resort ever zoned as such in Orange County. It was built in 2006, 2007, 2008. It was built by same builder as Windsor Hills and has a similar 10,000 sq. ft. Clubhouse that overlooks Lake Cay. It is a wonderful resort. You can also find places on trip advisor and lots of reviews.

Sandy

englishteacha
12-23-2011, 08:55 PM
We stayed at The Enclave last February. We had a 2 bedroom "apartment" style room, with a queen bed in one room and 2 twins in another. It wasn't fancy, by any means...a bit worn out, but clean. It was perfectly fine for our stay, and was very reasonably priced. We rented through an owner at VRBO. PM me if you want the info. We could see Hogwarts castle from our balcony.