PDA

View Full Version : Windsor Hills experts, Help Please!

catne
12-13-2011, 10:56 AM
We've always stayed at Disney on-site hotels, but I think I am getting a bit jaded on the experience...we have annual passes so tickets are not an issue.And the latest round of discounts for 2012 are definitely not as good a deal as the last few years. I'm just thinking it's reached a point I'm not so sure the total-Disney-experience is worth it.

We like to take a lot of 2,3, or 4-night stays. Started searching for condo/villa rentals, and really liking what I see at Windsor Hills ( accomodations, amenities and proximity to Disney World.) I see a lot of homes that seem to have 1 week minimums. So I am wondering if anyone knows: are there any pool/spa homes there that rent for less than a week?

Jo*Mama
12-13-2011, 02:06 PM
I found a townhome in WH on www.vrbo.com for 5 nights and that was even during spring break. I did have to look through LOTS of listings and email the owners. Wish I could send you a link to that specific one but I don't have it now.....they were listed with Oasis homes though.

mareed
12-13-2011, 06:20 PM
Some, but not all will rent for less than a week, but you'll usually have to pay the cleaning fee yourself (where it's usually included in most rentals of at least a week). Because of that, you'll likely find that when you pay the cleaning fee (around $100) the cost savings won't be huge on a 2 night stay.

The easiest way to check with many homeowners at once is to enter a general inquiry at http://**************************/. As mentioned earlier, you can also go through VRBO and make individual inquiries but that can take a lot more time.

kidd_freeper
12-14-2011, 08:37 PM
Check out this site:
http://www.magicalvacationhomes.com/

Easy to use site. Lots of accurate pictures.
Yes, most (if not all) of the units are offered for less than a week (although most seem to have a 4 night minimum). However, most (if not all) will charge a cleaning fee for stays less than 7 days.

Its a good site to look at because it gives up-to-the-date availability information for each unit in a nice calendar format, so you can play around with it without having to call anyone. And if you can find a 2-3 day gap between other renter's plans, I would bet that they would let you have it for less than a 4 night stay.

mikkiwikki
12-14-2011, 10:29 PM
Well I guess that depends.

Like the condo we got rents Saturday to saturday -
(vacationcentralflorida.com)
We are leaving before the end of the week...you still pay the weekly rate.
But the rate is so low I dont care.

4forMe
12-19-2011, 11:32 PM
We book through Florida Sun Vacation Homes. They require a 3 night minimum (5 nights for holiday weeks). We use them since they offer a 15% discount on 7 nights or more (we usually stay 8-9 nights), and are often cheaper than similar homes on vrbo.

Good luck with your search!