PDA

View Full Version : Off Site Hotel w/Pool, Epcot or Boardwalk Area?

PSUGuy
12-12-2011, 10:15 AM
We're squeezing in 3 days in WDW in March on our 'Non-Disney' trip, yeah, couldn't get that close and not drop in, and we haven't stayed off site since 1997. Our focus will be on Epcot and the BW area so we're looking for a hotel with a nice pool, hopefully a bar/pub not too far off the beaten path and at least a little less than a WDW resort, we will have a car. Thanks for any advice offered.

Bill From PA

WVParkfan
12-14-2011, 08:51 AM
If you haven't already done so, you need to check out the Swan and Dolphin. Great hotels with much lower rates than the Disney Deluxes. Great pool area with 2 outdoor bars. Plus, you are practically on the Boardwalk. We loved it there.

newmouse2008
12-14-2011, 10:40 AM
I would check out the Swan and Dolphin. The rates are great for the location. Here is a link with lots of info. Please email me if you have any questions.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resort.htm

PSUGuy
12-14-2011, 11:05 AM
Thanks, newmouse2008 & WVParkfan, these two have been on my radar, we've stayed at both at least 3 times each using the Teacher's Discount, and I think I'd jump at either for $129 - $139 per night, but one fly in the ointment is that we'll have a rental car and for the last few years they charge some obscene amount for parking. Wifey doesn't care for the Values and I called for a Mod just yesterday and they were north of $200 per night. We're resigned to a nice hotel around DTD or International Drive.

Bill From PA

SYLVESTER7577
12-17-2011, 09:57 PM
We have stayed at the Comfort Inn Maingate East at least five times. It is down I-192 less than 15 minutes away. Their pool is very good as well as the hot tub. Pool bar with food, clean rooms and a great free breakfast. It's across the street from Old Town which offers a lot to do also. You can get anything you need in the area in a minute. It reviews are very good also and rooms are about $79.00-$89.00. It's surprising that you can be in Epcot's parking lot in about 10 minutes. Park at Boardwalk and save on parking. Good luck either way and have fun!

twooley2
12-17-2011, 10:26 PM
There is an allears rate at the Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista of 69.00 a night. You have to call them though to book it and check availability