PDA

View Full Version : Our quick crazy trip

Cyndibear
12-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Back from our 3 day quick trip to the world. This was the first time we had done anything this short and have to say we just LOVED it.

Arrived at MCO from PHL on Thursday December 1st around 10:30pm. On our way to SSR via Magical Express in no time. This was going to be our first stay at SSR and our only request we had was to be close to a bus stop. No problem at check-in and received our request!! We were in Congress Park and just a hop skip and jump away from the bus stop!!! Just loved how easy it was to walk to Downtown!

Friday we enjoyed breakfast at Wolfgang Puck Cafe and then headed to MK. They were taping the musical guests for the Christmas show so the area around the castle was a zoo. We stayed a way from that area and went to Tomorrowland and did TTC and COP. We just strolled around after that and then headed to the Bakery for a snack. MK didn't seem that crowded. After that we headed over to GF to check out the gingerbread house and their decorations. Such amazing work those bakers do!!! Headed back to MK & had a late lunch at Casey's and then headed back to SSR as we were coming back later that night for MVMCP. Returned to MK around 5pm for the Party. Have to say we so enjoyed it!!! Crowd level was very low and we walked on rides. Parade, fireworks, cookies and hot chocolate was great!!! Sat next to this very nice lady who was there on a Travel agent trip and gave us her "fast passes" for DHS and EPCOT that she was not able to use as she was leaving the next morning!!!

Saturday we checked out of SSR again had breakfast at Wolfgang Puck Cafe and headed to BWV's to check in. No problems. Headed over to the Studio's & rode TSM with those passes the lady gave us. That helped us out cause the regular fast passes were already gone when we arrived. Roamed around the park, and then headed over to Beaches and Cream for lunch. No Way Jose!!! YUMMY!!! Room ready at 3pm and headed back to relax. Headed back over the the Studio's to check out the Osborn Lights. Very nice but I still miss it being in the backlot and with the houses decorated.

Sunday we checked out at BWV's stored our luggage and headed over to EPCOT. Headed to Soaring and used the FP's for that and Test Track. Strolled around the Countries & shared a Fish and Chips at UK. Continued our stroll and had lunch at Via Napoli--yummy! Headed back to BWV's and catched Magical Express at 5:20pm for our 8:20pm flight back to PHL. Had a Mears bus on the way back, no movie, driver very cranky too.

We so enjoyed our short trip that we might make it a yearly thing!! Weather was perfect too so that helped a lot. I just love the flexibility DVC gives us.

Thanks for reading!

Cyndi

jvelasco
12-06-2011, 08:26 PM
I just retured from a three-day quick trip too. We were at Saratoga Dec 2-5. Arrived Friday around noon. Room was ready -- Congress Park for us too! Saw the Osbourne Lights on Friday night as well as Fantasmic. Saturday we saw the Candelight Processional in Epcot. Sunday we hotel hopped to see the decorations and went to MVMCP at night. Caught a 9:00 ME Monday morning and was in my house before my kids got home from school Monday afternoon. Perfect weather and a perfect little getaway! Glad to see you had a great trip too!