PDA

View Full Version : Monday Afternoon live from our Old Key West porch

Florida Princess
12-05-2011, 02:53 PM
Beautiful weather today here at Old Key West ! We just returned from the pool and are chillin' before we leave for Epcot and dinner at Le Cellier.

Our journey began a few days ago !!!
We spent 2 nights at BLT (arriving on Friday afternoon) and after a slight delay at check-in (couldn't process our 2 Guests that were with us into the system) we were on our way to our 2 Bedroom Lake View home away from home ! We were able to check in at 3:15pm and we were placed on the 12th floor---# 8241. It was a view of the pool and lake and we did enjoy being up high at BLT !!!!
Not much damage, or noise issues BUT our dishes and glasses were DIRTY (in the cupboards) and we had to re wash everything prior to using ! I called to advise housekeeping (it was late--about 11PM on day of arrival) and they in turn had a MOD call us back (at 11:30PM) to apologize and offer to send someone up the next day to wash everything. Next day, never heard another word from housekeeping or anyone else as a followup :rolleyes: Lesson learned---check EVERYTHING after first entering ----do this prior to heading out !!!!
What we like about BLT---We loved being able to utilize the monorail to head to Epcot and being able to walk to the Magic Kingdom !!! MK was open till 1AM on Saturday night and we walked over after viewing the Fireworks at BLT rooftop !!
Checked out of BLT Sunday morning, headed over to view the Christmas decorations at monorail resorts and Wilderness Lodge then headed over to checkin at OKW !!! It was 2:30PM but we decided to get our checkin done and then head over to Hollywood Studios.

Checkin at OKW was a breeze and we were able to go right over to our 2 bedroom in Bldg 13 !!! What a pleasant surprise--pixie dust was sprinkled on us---early checkin and we received our requests !!!!
All was well and we had clean plates in our cabinets !!!!! Off to Hollywood Studios , dinner at Cat Cora's Restaurant and arrived back to find out that my Team, the SF 49ers clinched the NFC West title. Yes---Pixie Dust indeed !!!!!

More to follow---just wanted to shout out that we are having a Fantastic time and it's sure good to be "Welcomed Back Home " !!!!! :yay::yay:

2binak
12-05-2011, 03:16 PM
I was really hoping to see a "live" photo of sunny, warm Florida when I opened this thread but alas I'll just have to picture it in my mind....

Glad you're having a great trip so far (minus the dirty dishes :sick:)

lugnut33
12-05-2011, 03:44 PM
I was really hoping to see a "live" photo of sunny, warm Florida when I opened this thread but alas I'll just have to picture it in my mind....

Yeah, I hoping for a photo to help cheer me up on a windy blustery day here in WI.

lugnut33
12-05-2011, 03:55 PM

Yeah, I hoping for a photo to help cheer me up on a windy blustery day here in WI.

mlittig
12-05-2011, 10:13 PM
I am so green with envy :rolleyes1 Enjoy :woohoo:

lovin'fl
12-06-2011, 05:56 AM
We'll be there in 2 weeks...can't wait. Thanks for the live TR. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

bbluvsdis
12-06-2011, 08:12 AM
I'm not highjacking your thread, just thought I would post a couple pics of the beautiful Florida sunshine. Lovin it here!
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh68/bbluvsdis/Disney%20Christmas%202011/IMG_3703.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh68/bbluvsdis/Disney%20Christmas%202011/IMG_3108.jpg

Florida Princess
12-06-2011, 08:31 AM
Good Morning from the Porch !

Another beautiful start to our Day ! Lots of golfers out this morning and we're having fun giving them "helpful" hints of where their golf balls are hiding here around our villa's area (our porch is on the 1st floor) !
Deciding what our plans for the morning are and where to go this afternoon ! Tonight we are heading back to Hollywood Studios to see the Osborn Lights and dine at PTC.
Last night we visited Canada and had a Fab meal---tried their new Lobster salad (of course had the Cheddar Cheese soup) and loved it ! :banana:

We visited the Yacht and Beach Resorts last night to view their Christmas decorations and had to revisit the Boardwalk to see their Gingerbread display just one more time !

Well--coffee time now so "have a Magical Day everyone" !!!!!

bobbiwoz
12-06-2011, 08:59 AM
Good Morning from the Porch !

Another beautiful start to our Day ! Lots of golfers out this morning and we're having fun giving them "helpful" hints of where their golf balls are hiding here around our villa's area (our porch is on the 1st floor) !
Deciding what our plans for the morning are and where to go this afternoon ! Tonight we are heading back to Hollywood Studios to see the Osborn Lights and dine at PTC.
Last night we visited Canada and had a Fab meal---tried their new Lobster salad (of course had the Cheddar Cheese soup) and loved it ! :banana:

We visited the Yacht and Beach Resorts last night to view their Christmas decorations and had to revisit the Boardwalk to see their Gingerbread display just one more time !

Well--coffee time now so "have a Magical Day everyone" !!!!!

OHHH, Lobster Salad! I've a Le Cellier ADR for my birthday in January, and I hope it's on their lunch menu. Maybe not, since you went there for dinner.

Enjoy your trip, I enjoy reading about it!

Bobbi:goodvibes