PDA

View Full Version : OKW Just Arrived....

TravelingJen24
12-03-2011, 11:08 PM
We arrived just around 5:30p.m. today. I did online check-in so my room keys were ready when I arrived. We booked hospitality house and received all of our requests being first floor close to bus stop. We are in room 2314. It has a beautiful view of the lake and right across from the HH. I know there has been a lot of comments about the rooms. My honest opinion is that I could go without the bright pink in the bathrooms, but otherwise I think the redo looks great. I love the relaxed feel of the room. It's been close to seven years since we stayed at our home resort with stays in between at BCV, VWL, AKL, GCV. I have to say it is great to be home.
We decided to get the dining plan as we are with a large party and we all chose to go that route so that everyone was on the same page. We had a late dinner at Planet Hollywood, which I was surprised was on the plan. We had a great meal and our waitress Meisha was wonderful.

That's it so far. I'll keep you posted.

bnk1120
12-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Sounds like the start of a wonderful trip! Enjoy:)

mlittig
12-04-2011, 12:55 AM
Have a magical trip :tinker: I can't wait to get back to Old Key West next April :love:

SusieBea
12-04-2011, 02:36 AM
Have a great trip! We checked in yesterday as well. We're in bldg 34.

Bojo
12-06-2011, 06:53 AM
Howdy Neighbors! We're in 21 and having an absolutely wonderful time. We are spending minimal time in the parks (just enough to get the Holiday magic) and maximum time at our favorite DVC resort. :cool1:

bgraham34
12-06-2011, 10:40 AM
I will be there in a few days and can't wait.

TravelingJen24
12-07-2011, 04:41 PM
We just came back from a wonderful visit to the pool. My daughter had food poisoning for the second full day we were here. We think that it was a hot dog from the Turf club at Saratoga Springs. We have family staying over there. That was a bit of a nightmare, but we got through it. I think the parks are relatively busy compared to years previously, but still manageable. However, I would just as much enjoy hanging at the resort. We went to the GF today and saw the gingerbread house. That lobby is stunning.
We may go to dinner this evening, but the weather took a turn to the rainy and I would rather stay warm. Otherwise having a great time.