PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for 5 people

lovehoney
12-02-2011, 10:41 AM
We need to find an arrival night hotel. We need 2 rooms for 5 people each 1 senior, 4 adults, 1 teen, 3 kids and 1 toddler. We will have 3 rooms for our on-site WDW stay, but would prefer 2 for the arrival night.

Looking to pay under $65/room.

Any suggestions?

Macprincess
12-02-2011, 10:46 AM
As a family of 5, who stay in Orlando a ton, this is going to be tuff for that price point.

I would consider Lake Bueana Vista Suite . (Check Mouse Savers site for deals) It will be a bit more but includes a decent breakfast buffet with the room.

Also, try staybridge suites, again a bit more then your budget.

Good Luck.

dgaston
12-02-2011, 12:05 PM
I second Lake Buena Vista suites -- one room with 2 queens, second with pull-out sofa, 2 tvs, microwave and frig for around $89 a night. There is a hot beakfast -- not exceptional, but you can get eggs and meat, cereal and fruit for everyone.

Lewisc
12-02-2011, 02:21 PM
PL only guarantees double occupancy but almost 100% of the time people booking in the Orlando area are able to get rooms which sleep 4.

You want to pay up to $65 per room ($130 total) That suggests you can bid on three rooms with a maximum bid of around $40. You have a shot.

Otherwise I agree with the PP. Going slightly over your budget, but getting a hotel with some kind of free breakfast, may be the best solution.

Willing to take a chance? Use Hotwire. Specify 4 adults (No option for 5) but only book a hotel with suite listed as an amenity.

lovehoney
12-03-2011, 08:33 AM
My biggest problem now is that the rooms for January 1st are super expensive. The best I've found is the Holiday Inn Maingate East. They will take 5 per room at $85. no breakfast. The Buena Vista Suites is $159 for this night. If it was the next day it would be $ 119.

I may just have to try Hotwire.