PDA

View Full Version : S.S. Member Cruise Question

tlynk
12-01-2011, 09:42 AM
I'm thinking about booking the 3 night member cruise in 2013. What are the differences between sailing on a regular 3 night cruise vs. the S.S. Member cruise? I'm wondering if there are extra perks?

Thank you!!:)

tomandrobin
12-01-2011, 10:05 AM
I'm thinking about booking the 3 night member cruise in 2013. What are the differences between sailing on a regular 3 night cruise vs. the S.S. Member cruise? I'm wondering if there are extra perks?

Thank you!!:)

No extra perks, maybe an extra gift in your stateroom.

I would recommend the 4 day over the 3 day. The biggest reason is the time of year and weather. The September weather will be fantastic and more importantly, the ocean water is a lot warmer.

tlynk
12-01-2011, 10:16 AM
No extra perks, maybe an extra gift in your stateroom.

I would recommend the 4 day over the 3 day. The biggest reason is the time of year and weather. The September weather will be fantastic and more importantly, the ocean water is a lot warmer.

Thank you for your quick reply! :) Since I'm not fond of 3 night cruises (too short), maybe I'll look into booking the Fantasy for a 7 night cruise instead. I was considering the S.S. Member cruise in September, but I won't have enough vacation time.

Thank you again! :goodvibes

tomandrobin
12-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Thank you for your quick reply! :) Since I'm not fond of 3 night cruises (too short), maybe I'll look into booking the Fantasy for a 7 night cruise instead. I was considering the S.S. Member cruise in September, but I won't have enough vacation time.

Thank you again! :goodvibes

I agree about the 3 day being to short. We did the 2011 SSMC and 4 days worked much better.

I loved sailing on The Dream, but was disappointed with the Member cruise portion. For the cost of the 2012 SSMC, you could probably almost get a 7 day cruise.

Also, I much prefer warm water on my trips. Our very first cruise was at the end of February. I was so excited, going to Nassau and private island. The air temperature was nice, but that water temperature was freezing!! It took me 2 hours to go in the water to just over my knee caps.

bobbiwoz
12-01-2011, 05:59 PM
The colder water temps is what's keeping me off that January MC! I go on cruises to snorkel and swim and last November it was just OK in CC for us. I've been on 2 DCL November cruises, and that's as late in the year weatherwise that I'm willing to risk. I figure the waters would be warm enough in April or May, not January.