PDA

View Full Version : Combining Free Meal Plan With a Cruise??

BenKling
11-30-2011, 04:41 PM
Hey Everyone,
I'm currently in the process of contemplating a 3-day cruise, and following that up with a four-night stat at an All-Star resort. I would like to participate in the free quick service meal plan while at the park.

Should I book each portion separately? And if I can do that, how would I arrange for the transportation between the cruise and the park?

I know you can add hotel and park tickets to the cruise via the website, but it doesn't look like you can add the special offers.

There are some OK deals right now, and I'm just trying to take advantage of them!

Thanks!

poohfriend
11-30-2011, 04:52 PM
You can take advantage of FREE DINING by booking WDW apart from your cruise.

If you book your hotel through the cruiseline you'll not be able to add dining.

FREE DINING is a better discount than any discount offer the cruise could give you on a value resort hotel.

don't wait to book free dining...hotels are known to sell out.

also you can still use Disney transfers as you wish. (69/person/round trip. Disney will take you by motor coach to the resort. ANd you can use Magical Express free transportation back to the airport.

enjoy your cruise!

BenKling
11-30-2011, 04:54 PM
Hey Thanks! That was really helpful!

KsSteve
11-30-2011, 04:55 PM
It is usually much cheaper to book WDW separate from the cruise. You can get transportation from WDW/cruise and cruise/WDW whether or not you book a land and sea package.

Good luck!

kcashner
11-30-2011, 05:14 PM
Exactly as above--if you book your WDW thru DCL, you will get no deals or discounts at all. If you book separately you can take advantage of any specials you can find.

BenKling
11-30-2011, 05:35 PM
According to the Cruise website, cruise to resort transportation is only available if you add the resort to the cruise package.

Anyway around this??

kcashner
11-30-2011, 05:43 PM
According to the Cruise website, cruise to resort transportation is only available if you add the resort to the cruise package.

Anyway around this??

Website is wrong then. Anyone can add DCL transfers to their cruise reservation just by calling DCL. We NEVER book our WDW thru DCL because it is not a good deal (and we are DVC). There is never any problem with adding transfers. They are $35 per person each way. If there are 4 or more of you, a private towncar/limo service will be the same price or cheaper, but the DCL system is very easy.

This is absolutely current info. We did it for our Dec. 2011 cruise without difficulty.

WeLoveDisneyAlways
11-30-2011, 05:51 PM
We are doing this, we booked BLT with 35% off through WDW precruise, then booked CSR with free dining post cruise. We booked our transfers and cruise with DCL we selected airport transfers online then called and changed them to our resorts. We did not have the resorts option online had to call.