PDA

View Full Version : Just booked DTD Doubletree for $95 a night never stayed off Property

srgibbs
11-29-2011, 11:19 PM
We always stay on property but since Disney is not putting May codes out there we have decided to try something different. Mousesavers had a special for $95 a night from early may until mid june so we are going to try that for 10 nights. It comes with a free contiental B'fast and a 20% off coupon for their restaurant hotel. A fraction of what we normally pay! We will miss the dining plan and being on property but need FD or a code! Has anyone stayed here that can comment?

WBY
11-30-2011, 06:51 AM
We stayed at the doubletree for a few days east of Universal 10 years ago. It was Fine.

It was nice not being stuck in one of the properties and being able to eat where you wanted.

noahcarter
11-30-2011, 08:02 AM
Is it the Doubletree in Downtown Disney? If so, we just returned from a 6 night stay there during Thanksgiving week. We have stayed both on and off site previously and I would return to this Doubletree in the future.

The rooms are large. We had a one bedroom suite that had 2 double beds in one room and a living room area with a pull-out couch, good sized kitchen table, a mini fridge, sink and microwave. Now, there is not a real door that separates the two rooms, but two bi-fold doors. So, light and noise can come through to the bedroom. My kids were usually so tired from the parks that this was not an issue. It was so nice having the space to spread out!

The rooms are a bit dated, but very clean. The staff was very, very nice! Every night we would stop at the front desk before returning to our room and they would give us those delicious chocolate chip cookies.

There is a small disney gift shop in the lobby and also a small market. There is also a pizza hut express on site. The restaurant was pretty good. Be aware that your free bkft might only be for cold items on the buffet. We had to pay 6 per adult and 2.99 per child to upgrade for the full bkft. They do have Mickey waffles, which was worth the upgrade for my boys.

They have 1 large pool and 1 small kiddie pool. There is also a hot tub, a small playground and tennis courts.

They do charge 10 a day for parking or 15 for valet. They provide shuttles every 1/2 hour, but we had a car and just drove to the parks. It was a quick drive to all parks. (Except MK, because you have to take the monorail from the transportation center.)

If you have any questions, let me know! :goodvibes

Princess Disney Mom
11-30-2011, 08:11 AM
I've stayed about four or five times. It is a great value. You will love
The extra space larger fridge and microwave. The staff is terrific. You can walk to downtown Disney so huge plus. You made a good choice.

BigGoofball
12-04-2011, 06:56 PM
We stayed there in July... awesome service!!! Huge rooms, great price. We are planning on staying there again. Possibly Port orleans as well, but the Double Tree in DTD was very convienent and we had no regrets! very clean too!

srgibbs
12-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the good reviews! We usually stay at wilderness Lodge but also now have 3 kids so the space will be great plus 1 of ours is now 10 so without free dining or a great May discount we will just stay here. We will have our car but don'twant to drive to the MK so will try bus for that. Any tips to get to Chef Mickeys for B'fat? Can you catch a contemporary bus from DTD around 10am to get over there?