PDA

View Full Version : Embassy Suites - International Drive North

kimkoz
11-28-2011, 02:24 PM
Have you stayed at the Embassy Suites North - Your thoughts? We have always stayed at the ES Lake Buena Vista in the past but the dates I'm looking for are no avaliable. Mind you we are traveling with Hilton Employee Rate so I'm staying with those resorts. I just booked the International North location, looks nice and we've never had problems with ES but figured I'd check with the experts too.

This is the 1st time we're going without a car. Just don't see the need for one and every trip its used hardly at all. So they have MEARS transportation but I'm just thinking to take a cab too.

I also read something about ITrolley to take us to local restuarants, is that something to use or are things close. Honestly we will be at parks for most of the day so I'm sure we will eat that but on the off day I was thinking the Trolley?

We are also traveling for the first time in Fall. We're always Spring Break travelers but hoping for a less crowded and cooler experience. We're going mid - Oct. I'm just reading about Hurricane season, should I be worried. I didn't even think twice until a friend brought it up. Heck, up north I just worry about snow ruining plans, I never thought about Southern weather. lol.I'm sure we can still pack shorts but also have some pants and long sleeve too?

Thanks for all your help.

DOOM1001
11-28-2011, 11:41 PM
Have you stayed at the Embassy Suites North - Your thoughts? We have always stayed at the ES Lake Buena Vista in the past but the dates I'm looking for are no avaliable. Mind you we are traveling with Hilton Employee Rate so I'm staying with those resorts. I just booked the International North location, looks nice and we've never had problems with ES but figured I'd check with the experts too.

This is the 1st time we're going without a car. Just don't see the need for one and every trip its used hardly at all. So they have MEARS transportation but I'm just thinking to take a cab too.

I also read something about ITrolley to take us to local restuarants, is that something to use or are things close. Honestly we will be at parks for most of the day so I'm sure we will eat that but on the off day I was thinking the Trolley?

We are also traveling for the first time in Fall. We're always Spring Break travelers but hoping for a less crowded and cooler experience. We're going mid - Oct. I'm just reading about Hurricane season, should I be worried. I didn't even think twice until a friend brought it up. Heck, up north I just worry about snow ruining plans, I never thought about Southern weather. lol.I'm sure we can still pack shorts but also have some pants and long sleeve too?

Thanks for all your help.

Which Embassy Suites are you talking about?The Embassy Suites north is up north of the tourist areas in Altamonte.There's two on International Drive,the one on Jamaican ct and the one closer to the convention center.I've stayed at the Jamaican ct location,they're both good and are literally a 2 minute drive from each other,the Jamaican ct location is the one further north closer to Sand Lk rd and Universal.The I Ride Trolley takes you from the north end of I Drive by the I Drive Premium Outlets south through the convention center and Sea World to the southern end by the Vineland Ave Premium outlets.It's very inexpensive and a good way to get around the International Drive area.Mid October is a great time to come,Food and Wine festival in Epcot,Halloween events like Halloween Horror Nights in Universal,MNSSHP in Magic Kingdom and this is the beginning of the nice weather season in Florida,the daily rain goes away,no more 90's,it'll probably still be pretty warm so shorts should be just fine.The first cold fronts might come down at this time of year so slightly cooler weather could come but rarely less than say 60 degrees at night and 70 in the day.Most likely you'll get around 80-85 during the day and 60-70 at night.This is still Hurricane season but as the cold fronts come down the less chances of one hitting.The peak of hurricane season is mid August through September,they could happen in October but the chances drop,especially from the middle of the month on.

kimkoz
11-29-2011, 08:42 AM
Thanks I was thinking North but its the one closest to the Convention Center. I've been hearing good things. Thanks for your advice, I'm actually getting excited to try a new location now. The I trolley sounds like it could really help out. We're not doing a car so that will help on last minute dinner plans and such.

Thanks again.

horseshowmom
12-01-2011, 12:23 PM
I've stayed at both the Jamaican Court and Convention Center locations and was well satisfied with both. I think the trolley stops right in front of the Conv. Center location (here's the link for more information http://www.iridetrolley.com/).

The CC location actually has two pools (one indoor and one out as opposed to the combo in/out pool at JC).

OhioJewels
12-01-2011, 02:45 PM
It's been a few years, but I did stay at this location and it was wonderful! Really love the atriums that Embassy Suites have and this one was beautiful.

Like horseshowmom mentioned, it has both and indoor and outdoor pool which was fun. They also have a steam room and sauna.

There is indeed an I Ride Trolley stop in front of the hotel and we took use of this. It really is a great way to get around the I-Drive area. We didn't rent a car during the Embassy Suites stay and that is what we used to get around (and during many other trips as well.) You can even buy a pass right inside the hotel.

Hope you enoy the property! :)

thewigs007
01-11-2012, 12:17 PM
You can't go wrong with ES
You have a cooked to order breakfast every morning and the Manager Reception M-F around 5:30 or 6:00 pm with snacks and adult beverages.

The suites are nice and roomy.