PDA

View Full Version : Wyndham Bonnet Creek...do not stay there...

tinkerbell181
11-24-2011, 01:58 PM
.....unless you want to have a really awesome time! :rotfl:
For many many years we have stayed onsite. I never dreamed of staying off site before. Could I live without my refillable mug? My disney soaps and shampoos? The excitement of taking the Disney buses? Just the thought of staying offsite made me cringe....where is the magic? What is the point?

Well, this year with a new baby, and bringing grandma along, and a tight budget, we bit the bullet and booked Wyndham Bonnet Creek in a two bedroom for half of our stay (thru Farrells). IT WAS FANTASTIC! I almost hate to let the secret out, but apparently it is not secret. :rotfl:

We were in tower 1, which at first I was a bit bummed about as the popular choice on here seems to be 5 & 6.....but wow, the unit was immaculate, granite counter tops, flat screen tv's, super awesome jacuzzi tub in our bedroom. None of the furniture had any tears or anything like I have heard others mention. No bugs or anything yucky, clean as a whistle! I would for sure pick this tower again, or number 2, it seemed so busy over on the other side at the taller towers (5 & 6) and I always had a choice of parking spots and the pool at the main building was so quiet and nice and close by.
And I had a sweet little Jeep Patriot rental, me, who is a bit of a driving scardy cat - the roads were easy peasy. Disney buses? No more line ups for us!

We are converted. Can't wait to go back! :cheer2:

Oh, and not one time share call. I guess since I circled the lowest income bracket on the form?
Oh oh, and the internet was down for half our stay - apparently they had some serious issues, but they gave us a password for the wireless in the hotel, and then it was working fine again for the last few days. That is the only negative thing I can think of.

Poohbug
11-24-2011, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the review.

I am seriously thinking this is the way we will go for our next trip. With three growing boys, everyone will appreciate the space and I will love having a washer and dryer in the room.

hercamore
11-24-2011, 04:35 PM
Who did you book thru?

Taking my grandson age 2 and my dd next year. We are going to need more space than a hotel room onsite this time.

Herc

tinkerbell181
11-24-2011, 05:55 PM
I booked through Farrells Vacations on e-bay. Just messaged him my dates. Very easy! Paid with paypal and he sent the voucher document thing. Replied quickly to any questions I had too.

shalom
11-24-2011, 07:22 PM
Loved your opening line. You sure knew how to get my attention! ;)

We were in tower 1, [CLIP] I would for sure pick this tower again, or number 2, it seemed so busy over on the other side at the taller towers (5 & 6) and I always had a choice of parking spots and the pool at the main building was so quiet and nice and close by.

Glad to hear that. I was going to request Tower 1 on the theory it'd be quieter, but I hadn't really heard anyone say as much. :upsidedow Also hadn't heard that the pool at the main building was quiet but hoped it would be as well. Yay!

Glad you took a chance (on offsite) and had such a great time. Good job! :thumbsup2