PDA

View Full Version : Procrastinating pays off!

Hannahsmom
11-21-2011, 07:06 PM
We decided last week to head down to WDW for Thanksgiving. I was sure that I would have a hard time finding anything decent available, BUT....I found pretty much everything on Disney Property had available rooms. But I was having a hard time rationalizing paying the increased room rate for the Holiday. So I decided to look into the Downtown Disney Hotels, and actually found Holiday Inn DTD for $38 a night!!!!!! INCREDIBLE!

So. Has anyone stayed there that can give their opinion on this property? And I read there is a breakfast buffet, but can anyone tell me how much it is, and is it worth it?

PrincessSuzanne
11-21-2011, 10:26 PM
I don't know anything about that hotel, but I would love to know how you got that rate. I need 1 night in Janurary and I can't find any rate worth me moving what I already have at CSR, $38 would definitely make me reconsider!

Hannahsmom
11-21-2011, 11:34 PM
Orbitz. It didn't show the $38 rate until you clicked on the hotel (after I put my dates in) and there was a message scrolled at the top of the page in red that said something like "The rate has changed since you last checked in due to a decrease in demand" or something to that effect. I had looked at that one in the beginning, because the reviews on it are pretty favorable, and I like that it is pretty close to DTD.

I am not emotionally involved in this trip, since it is such short notice, so I just am looking for somewhere clean and comfortable. Although, my 11 yr. old is about to revolt because we are not staying "on Disney".:lmao: