PDA

View Full Version : Best way to go to international drive restaurants

Vixster
11-20-2011, 05:37 PM
We are going to be staying at a Disney hotel and when I was younger we stayed on international drive and the restuarants were really good what's the best way to go there from a Disney hotel and is it worth going as not been there since 2000 and wanted to show husband who hasn't been

Metro West
11-22-2011, 08:45 AM
We are going to be staying at a Disney hotel and when I was younger we stayed on international drive and the restuarants were really good what's the best way to go there from a Disney hotel and is it worth going as not been there since 2000 and wanted to show husband who hasn't been You can get to I Drive by any number of routes. It's just a touristy area with lots and lots of traffic. It probably hasn't changed much except for more businesses and more traffic.

Beth D
11-22-2011, 03:24 PM
If you want some "nicer" restaurants food-wise, (not touristy stops) I've also heard the ones around Sand Lake Road are also very nice.

DOOM1001
11-22-2011, 10:17 PM
It's definitely worth going to check out International Drive as well as the PP's suggestion of Restaurant Row on Sand Lake rd,I believe this area has developed a lot more than I Drive in the last 10 years with a lot of choices of nicer restaurants as well as fast casual type places.You can get to restaurant row from I Drive by turning west on Sand Lk rd from I Drive and going under the I-4 overpass.When you ask how do you get to International Drive from a Disney hotel you didn't make it clear if you were asking for driving directions or without a car.For driving directions there are several ways to get there depending from what hotel you're coming from.If you don't have a car I would take a cab from DTD to the Orlando Premium outlets Vineland ave location since they're relatively close and grab the I-Ride Trolley which takes you from the Vineland outlets to the north end of I Drive by the Orlando Premium outlets International Drive location very inexpensively,it won't give you access to Restaurant Row but it's a decent option to get to the area without a car.