PDA

View Full Version : Best deal for resale?

dr&momto2boys
11-20-2011, 03:24 PM
We currently own 150 BWV points and 300 BLT points. We're seeing that we could use quite a few more points now as our family will soon need at least a 2bdrm every trip. About every 3rd year we bring guests and get a GV too.

We don't intend to use points for cruises or trades, so resale seems like the best deal. We have home advantage at the 2 places we like to save up for GVs, so I don't think the home advantage will sway me too much with which resale we choose. I guess the biggest factor is price and maintenance fees then. There are really good prices on all but the newest resorts (AKV, BLT, VGC, and Aulani.) Which resorts have the cheapest maintenance fees? We're thinking of buying Vero or Hilton Head since they're the cheapest. But perhaps factoring in maintenance fees OKW, VWL, or SS would be better? :confused3

DenLo
11-20-2011, 04:15 PM
BLT even with the new 2012 rates it still will be the cheapest per point rate for annual dues.

Historic rates: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=43070014&postcount=2

2012 proposed amounts: http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-program/financial/1779-2012-disney-vacation-club-dues

VB and HHI have some of the highest MFs, SSR comes in second after BLT for MF's for any of the WDW resorts.

DebbieB
11-20-2011, 04:44 PM
Also keep in mind expiration date. HH and VB expire in 2042. BLT expires 2060. GV's are going to be hard to get at 7 months so I would pick one you can reserve at 11 months.

disneynutz
11-20-2011, 05:37 PM
What' cheap today, may not be cheap tomorrow.

:earsboy: Bill

KAT4DISNEY
11-20-2011, 05:49 PM
Unless there's another resort that you really want to have a booking window at I'd recommend adding on at BWV (1st) or BLT (2nd) so that you aren't having to rely upon the 7 month window to extended a reservation booked during the home resort priority. You should be able to get BWV for $50-$60/pt if you're thinking of 100+ points. I would not recommend buying offsite to stay at WDW, especially with VB and HHI's higher dues.

Otherwise SSR or OKW (extended contract if you could find one and the end date is important) will be lower price options and some of the less expensive dues.

dr&momto2boys
11-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the input everyone!
We'll do BWV if the price is close, just to keep things simple. Otherwise there are some great SSR deals. (BLT is too high and we have 300 points there anyway. That's enough for the GV every few years with banking and borrowing.) I'd really like to own VGC and Aulani someday, but for now we're getting what we want there at the 7 month window. Eventually we may do resale with those too.